Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Has it been proven that the Challenge Mode does not affect the Subway or the PWT? Because in BW I usually had no problem beating the Subway, but in BW2 I have a hard enough time getting to a 21 streak, and that is when using the same Pokémon I've always used in BW. I also have a hard time beating PWT, and I always loose because of a Critical Hit, or because my last move missed, etc. Its getting really annoying!

While I do not have the games yet...(come on Christmas!)

I have to say this is one of the new features that I have really been looking forward to as a part of the this sequel.
    When I saw that Blue was going to be a part of it, I got very excited since we haven't see him since HG/SS.
    But when I saw the pokemon they gave him and other leaders/champions, I was a bit disappointed. I was excited to see what his team would consist of, what Gen V Pokemon they would give him, but they have him locked into Gen I.
    I would like to know the reasoning behind why they gave certain characters a spread of Pokemon through the different generations, while others are locked into one, two, three gens tops.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Has it been proven that the Challenge Mode does not affect the Subway or the PWT? Because in BW I usually had no problem beating the Subway, but in BW2 I have a hard enough time getting to a 21 streak, and that is when using the same Pokémon I've always used in BW. I also have a hard time beating PWT, and I always loose because of a Critical Hit, or because my last move missed, etc. Its getting really annoying!
    Challenge Mode may have more elastic probability than Normal Mode or Easy Mode, but it doesn't affect AI of PWT and Battle Subway trainers, I don't think.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    While I do not have the games yet...(come on Christmas!)

I have to say this is one of the new features that I have really been looking forward to as a part of the this sequel.
    When I saw that Blue was going to be a part of it, I got very excited since we haven't see him since HG/SS.
    But when I saw the pokemon they gave him and other leaders/champions, I was a bit disappointed. I was excited to see what his team would consist of, what Gen V Pokemon they would give him, but they have him locked into Gen I.
    I would like to know the reasoning behind why they gave certain characters a spread of Pokemon through the different generations, while others are locked into one, two, three gens tops.
    It's largely for nostalgia purposes.

All of the gym leaders and some of the champions use all of the Pokemon of their type specialty that were available in their respective region, but they filled out their remaining team slots with Pokemon from other regions if they didn't have enough Pokemon of that type to make a full team of six. They also unfailingly use their signature Pokemon as their lead for every single battle.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 19th December 2012 at 8:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It's largely for nostalgia purposes.

All of the gym leaders and some of the champions use all of the Pokemon of their type specialty that were available in their respective region, but they filled out their remaining team slots with Pokemon from other regions if they didn't have enough Pokemon of that type to make a full team of six. They also unfailingly use their signature Pokemon as their lead for every single battle.
    Normally, I'd say that using their signature Pokémon first is bad, since the signature Pokémon is supposed to be their most powerful, but because the PWT makes levels fixed, there would otherwise be no way of knowing. At least for me, knowing that the first Pokémon that a gym leader or champion sends out in the PWT is their signature Pokémon makes it seem like the battle is heated right from the start.

Just won the rental master tournament last night. Got very lucky with my team and absolutely smashed everyone.
    Had a haxorus, wailord and typhlosion. the haxorus would do 1-2 of their pokemon, then the wailord finished up the rest. one of them I actually only used wailord.
    The world leaders one itself I am still struggling with, will have to transfer some pokes up from white to see how they fare...

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

Except, isn't Brycen's signature Pokemon Beartic? He uses Cryogonal, if I recall correctly, as his lead, but I'm fairly certain it's not his signature. That's the only one I find an issue with.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

He does seem to be the sole exception for whatever reason.

The Leaders, Champs and so on all have EVs/IVs applied to their Pokemon right?
    Does anyone happen to know the exact spreads?

I feel I got screwed out of a victory against Juan and I want to know how justified I am

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Except, isn't Brycen's signature Pokemon Beartic? He uses Cryogonal, if I recall correctly, as his lead, but I'm fairly certain it's not his signature. That's the only one I find an issue with.
    I'm going to go a bit on a stretch here and say it's because he's the only person who used to be a Unova gym leader that the player can fight in the PWT? Even though the two have absolutely no relation whatsoever. Probably an overlook on Game Freak's part, I guess.

Lenora and the Striaton City trio are all PWT participants, as well.

They do use their signature Pokemon, as terribly lackluster as they are.

Alright then. I'll add "...that the player is forced to encounter over the course of the main game" after that one clause on that post.

But yeah, the more things I add to that sentence, the more unbelievable it gets. I'll stop here. o:

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    The Leaders, Champs and so on all have EVs/IVs applied to their Pokemon right?
    Does anyone happen to know the exact spreads?

I feel I got screwed out of a victory against Juan and I want to know how justified I am
    I'm going to say yes, but only in World Leaders and Champions tournaments, since they're much easier in the respective leaders tournaments, also carrying weaker teams. I can't say I know a thing about their spreads, but I'm fairly certain they're EV'ed.

I find it odd that Bianca gets to be in the tournaments, especially the world leaders one. I won't argue with Musharna as her main, but she's no gym leader. I'm not sure if being a former rival gives her the ability to compete with the leaders, but I guess I won't complain. She does provide a nice change of pace, but I've never fought her in those tournaments, only seeing her in the Mix Tournament. This only makes me wish that you could fight your current rival with the rest of them, but that's just a pipe dream of mine to be able to fight former rivals in a setting like the PWT.

I find it odd that Bianca gets to be in the tournaments, especially the world leaders one. I won't argue with Musharna as her main, but she's no gym leader. I'm not sure if being a former rival gives her the ability to compete with the leaders, but I guess I won't complain. She does provide a nice change of pace, but I've never fought her in those tournaments, only seeing her in the Mix Tournament. This only makes me wish that you could fight your current rival with the rest of them, but that's just a pipe dream of mine to be able to fight former rivals in a setting like the PWT.
    Flavorwise, I'm going to say that Bianca's in because she decided that she'd feel bad if she didn't apply to be in the tournaments but her former rival (Cheren) did, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Flavorwise, I'm going to say that Bianca's in because she decided that she'd feel bad if she didn't apply to be in the tournaments but her former rival (Cheren) did, I guess?
    I was thinking that too, but it still makes her stand out like a sore thumb, I think. Just seeing her there makes me feel like she sneaked her way into the tournament, though that's just be my thinking.

I was thinking that too, but it still makes her stand out like a sore thumb, I think. Just seeing her there makes me feel like she sneaked her way into the tournament, though that's just be my thinking.
    You just might be thinking that Bianca's still not competent enough to stand her own ground, do you? :P

Don't worry; I thought that too for awhile.

You just might be thinking that Bianca's still not competent enough to stand her own ground, do you? :P

Don't worry; I thought that too for awhile.
    I think that way of her in BW, but not B2W2 so much.
    Then again, she never appears in the tournaments to begin with, so all I've seen her do is use spam Thunder Wave on my Magnezone she took in the basic Mix Tournament. Though T-Wave spam is nowhere near as annoying as Tate and his Trick Room team that I'm never prepared for. I can take on Liza easily, but Tate is a total pain for some reason. Also, those two twins using Trick Room gives me a bad feeling about the future, though that's going into speculation, so I'm going to abruptly stop there.

I think that way of her in BW, but not B2W2 so much.
    Then again, she never appears in the tournaments to begin with, so all I've seen her do is use spam Thunder Wave on my Magnezone she took in the basic Mix Tournament. Though T-Wave spam is nowhere near as annoying as Tate and his Trick Room team that I'm never prepared for. I can take on Liza easily, but Tate is a total pain for some reason. Also, those two twins using Trick Room gives me a bad feeling about the future, though that's going into speculation, so I'm going to abruptly stop there.
    Do you battle Tate and Liza together or separately?

I must say that the teams that the PWT gym leaders and champions use are pretty well thought out. Yeah, they're beatable, but their teams are always so different that it's quite impossible to have your team of three be adequately prepared for all three teams that you're going to face. (:

I must say that the teams that the PWT gym leaders and champions use are pretty well thought out. Yeah, they're beatable, but their teams are always so different that it's quite impossible to have your team of three be adequately prepared for all three teams that you're going to face. (:
    unless you get multiple similar types, I've fought 2 Raichu and 3 Electrode in one tournament once iirc, (got all 3 Electric GL in World's)
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    unless you get multiple similar types, I've fought 2 Raichu and 3 Electrode in one tournament once iirc, (got all 3 Electric GL in World's)
    Is it really that common that this'll happen, though?

I mean, I wouldn't know. o:

I'd have to agree that no matter how good your team is, there's pretty much always going to be at least one particular trainer with a team that's going to be a huge pain to deal with.

The main thing that tends to trouble me is when a trainer is packing both a Focus Sash and Choice Scarf user on the same team.

I'd have to agree that no matter how good your team is, there's pretty much always going to be at least one particular trainer with a team that's going to be a huge pain to deal with.

The main thing that tends to trouble me is when a trainer is packing both a Focus Sash and Choice Scarf user on the same team.
    Has anybody figured out the best teams against a particular set of three gym leaders yet?

Seperately, with Tate using Solrock and Liza with Lunatone. Their teams are similar though, in that they both use Bronzong, Claydol, and Xatu in World Leaders/Type Expert. Then Tate uses Gallade and Reuniclus, while Liza uses Gardevoir and Gothitelle. I guess it's the twin thing, but they do use different sets. Tate is way more Trick Room centered, which suits his team better.

As for effective teams, my team of Scarfed Politoed, Kingdra, and Tornadus typically breaks through anyone who isn't a Water or Dragon user, except Lance and Cress. That one is a bit unfair, though it's nice to see that even strong teams will run into trouble with certain trainers.

Seperately, with Tate using Solrock and Liza with Lunatone. Their teams are similar though, in that they both use Bronzong, Claydol, and Xatu in World Leaders/Type Expert. Then Tate uses Gallade and Reuniclus, while Liza uses Gardevoir and Gothitelle. I guess it's the twin thing, but they do use different sets. Tate is way more Trick Room centered, which suits his team better.

As for effective teams, my team of Scarfed Politoed, Kingdra, and Tornadus typically breaks through anyone who isn't a Water or Dragon user, except Lance and Cress. That one is a bit unfair, though it's nice to see that even strong teams will run into trouble with certain trainers.
    Ooh... looks like my ascent to the top of the PWT pyramid is going to be a tough one. o:

Its the last day of my life and I couldnt ever beat the freaking World Leaders part of this crapfest excuse for a post-game challenge! Non-canon bullcrap!
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast