Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Its the last day of my life and I couldnt ever beat the freaking World Leaders part of this crapfest excuse for a post-game challenge! Non-canon bullcrap!
    I totally agree with you, they released this game too close to the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    I totally agree with you, they released this game too close to the apocalypse.
    I bet they planned this! So no one could beat the World Leaders! D:< ...WAIT. I DIDN'T GET THE GAME YET. SO I'LL DIE BEFORE I GET TO PLAY IT. IF HEAVEN DOESN'T HAVE VIDEO GAMES THEN I AM DISAPPOINT. D8
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    I bet they planned this! So no one could beat the World Leaders! D:< ...WAIT. I DIDN'T GET THE GAME YET. SO I'LL DIE BEFORE I GET TO PLAY IT. IF HEAVEN DOESN'T HAVE VIDEO GAMES THEN I AM DISAPPOINT. D8
    Heaven doesn't need materials for you to be happy apparently.

In-universe, the apocalypse would be the one day that the PWT dome actually is closed, so that people who spend literally 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in there would have nowhere to go. o:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Aw, come on. World Leaders isn't that awful. :/
    It's a godsend after the horror of the Battle Subway, by a long shot. I'd much rather beat the Champions tournament once for a color change on the trainer card than beat the Subway leaders on the Super lines. And with only 3 battles, you're bound to win eventually.

I will admit, though, I find World Leaders tougher than Champions, only because the same 7 trainers are in there, so it's much easier to plan a team.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Aw, come on. World Leaders isn't that awful. :/
    It's a godsend after the horror of the Battle Subway, by a long shot. I'd much rather beat the Champions tournament once for a color change on the trainer card than beat the Subway leaders on the Super lines. And with only 3 battles, you're bound to win eventually.

I will admit, though, I find World Leaders tougher than Champions, only because the same 7 trainers are in there, so it's much easier to plan a team.
    I'd much rather have the PWT than the Battle Subway and losing repeatedly only to have to rebuild a streak and have to go through all that trouble.

But wait, how are World Leaders tougher if it's easier to plan a team? o:

I haven't even bothered trying any of the super lines in the Battle Subway yet.

The chances of losing there are far higher thanks to the sheer randomness of your opponents. Double team abusers tended to be the most common streak enders for me, and you can't really afford to sacrifice offensive power solely for the sake of dealing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I'd much rather have the PWT than the Battle Subway and losing repeatedly only to have to rebuild a streak and have to go through all that trouble.

But wait, how are World Leaders tougher if it's easier to plan a team? o:
    Whoops, I worded that terribly. >.< I meant that, World Leaders is harder than Champions, because Champions has only the same 7 people to battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post

The chances of losing there are far higher thanks to the sheer randomness of your opponents. Double team abusers tended to be the most common streak enders for me, and you can't really afford to sacrifice offensive power solely for the sake of dealing with them.
    For me, hax is the biggest streak ender, stopping me one battle before Ingo on the super single line, thanks to a Dragon Dance Latios that crit the only pokemon that could take a hit from a boosted Outrage, Magnezone. I won't even start on the time Palmer froze and confused two different pokemon with his Cresselia. The point is, hax is terrible in the Frontier/Subway. At least in the PWT, the worst that happens is you lose a win streak of 2, and you get a Shard for it.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

It's that elastic probability, I tell you. o:

In all seriousness, though, unless you like fighting more trainers to challenge yourself, mathematically speaking, it's easier to win a PWT tournament to get a trainer card color switch rather than beating a super line on the Battle Subway.

I'd only do it for the sake of getting all of the medals.

All of the ones that are realistically obtainable, that is.

I'd only do it for the sake of getting all of the medals.

All of the ones that are realistically obtainable, that is.
    The Battle Subway? Yeah, me too.

It'd certainly keep me from driving myself insane.

Come on guys, World Leaders is super easy lol... I beat it with my in-game un-eved bad-nature'd team of Hydreigon, Ferrothorn and Galvantula....

3DS FC: 2122 6109 3377

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    Come on guys, World Leaders is super easy lol... I beat it with my in-game un-eved bad-nature'd team of Hydreigon, Ferrothorn and Galvantula....
    That's pretty hard to do, to be honest. It's quite hard to defeat every single trainer fought there with the same team.

You can beat the Worlds Leaders tournament easily with practically any team, assuming you get lucky with the match-ups.

It's beating it multiple times consistently that's difficult, so don't dismiss it as easy just because you managed to beat it once.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 24th December 2012 at 11:04 PM.

If you're lucky, you can beat the Worlds Leaders easily with practically any team, assuming you get the right match-ups.
    It's the randomness of the people that you fight and their order that make it incredibly hard to go through in one go, though. :/

I've beaten world leaders over 20 times. It's a good way to get bp , test out pokemon and yes the flavour of it helps as opposed to battling some random trainer. If anyone is stuck I can always help

I'll agree it is a fairly good way at spotting any glaring weaknesses in your team.

I've refined my teams to point where I can win something like four out of every five attempts now, and my losses are generally due to hax. Between my Dragonite and Scrafty, I rarely even have to send out my third Pokemon (Usually Hydreigon, for the sake of laying waste to whoever the generally sole survivor is with a Choice Specs Draco Meteor).

ive manged to win a world leaders tournament once with 3 total victorys. i did that with volcarona. though consistently one of my best teams
    is gyardos, metagross and haxorus. i find that just about any pokemon can at least play some minor role in a team if you attach the right berries or items
    and have some patience. take galvantula or mienshao ive actually turned both of them into really good threats fit for any team. just a bit of patience helps i guess

I really need help beating the Champions Tournament?... What did you guys use for the single Champions tournament...

Scrafty, Garchomp, and Hydreigon, in my case.

I normally lead with Garchomp, but I needed Scrafty to deal with Cynthia's own Garchomp, thanks to its Focus Sash. Between Intimidate and Drain Punch, it doesn't stand a chance, barring random critical hits.

It also only recently occurred to me that Dragon Tail is the answer to all of those pesky Focus Sash users who try to boost their stats, as it simultaneously negates it, along with the stat boosts they try to accumulate. Helps that said Pokemon are almost always used as the lead on the teams that have them, so you don't have worry about not being able to switch them out for the most part.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 26th December 2012 at 12:40 AM.

I was wondering, do you get EV's from the PWT? I want to EV train my Latias, and that would be easier with the various power items. BUt Latias would be a massive help in getting the necessary BP. So... do you get EV's? 'Cause if not, this is gonna be fun ;D
    Competitive Sand Team:

Name: Mittens
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Nemusus View Post
    I was wondering, do you get EV's from the PWT? I want to EV train my Latias, and that would be easier with the various power items. BUt Latias would be a massive help in getting the necessary BP. So... do you get EV's? 'Cause if not, this is gonna be fun ;D
    Battle facilities never give EVs

Also I have become fed up with World Leaders and have decided to give it the metaphorical middle finger by raising Truant Durant

Ugh. The type expert is so hard but its only hard to me because I don't have that many of the same type pokemon
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Oh my good lord. I actually think that the Tournament evaluates your team in the first battle and then customizes the next match with Pokemon that have an advantage in typing or attacks. Also, the opponents ALWAYS get lucky by surviving with 1 HP, critical hits, perfect accuracy, etc. I have never had Hypnosis not miss against me.

Sometimes it isn't, though.

I used a team that consist of 2 Fire-Types and 1 Ice-Type before. Second match? Against an Ice-Type Gym Leader. Final match? Against a Grass-Type Gym Leader.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast