Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

I had a go at the Bug Expert tourney, Durant and Volcarona were the absolute beasts, Durant with Rock Slide and Volcarona with Heat Wave.

I'm going to challenge the Flying Comp next, Charizards time to shine :P
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the icon and SwornMetalhead for the banner.

I have been working on the Type Expert tournaments too. I just completed the Rock one today. I've probably beaten around 10 of the types so far, though I haven't actually counted.

The Type Expert tournaments are so much fun IMO. I love designing and raising teams for each type. Training teams for these tournaments has really kept me busy on White 2, which is great. I plan on beating all the Type Experts eventually, so I still have plenty of things to do on my game.

I have completed all the tournaments, including the Download Tournaments available for download right now, but excluding the Type Experts Tournaments. I guess it is because I do not have an EV Trained set of Pokemon with a single Type...

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

right now i'm trying to finish the pokemon world tournament on my Black 2 game, i finally managed to beat the World Leaders but just barely. and without a doubt i swear i cannot beat even one person in the Champions at all. i'm thinking of using a Dragonite and a either a Milotic or a Vaporeon for my second pokemon but have no idea what my third should be. is the ones i'm thinking of good enough? or should i try something different? any advice would be very appreciated. kinda wanted to beat this before the new games are released.

Cleared the Champions Tournament easily once again.

Volcarona can sweep Blue's team easily if Aerodactyl isn't used.

Currently just beat the Sinnoh Leaders in Black 2. The only problem and the hardest tournament would definitely have to be the Johto Leaders. I mean, the leaders have really tough Pokemon and they fight in ways in which you're not expecting, and I have lost against all the leaders in the tournament, and I STILL haven't beaten Bugsy. In White 2, it was actually luck that allowed me to beat it: my Cresselia used Toxic on Pryce's Lapras in the final battle, and just as the poison edged it into the red HP bar, he was about to use Hydro Pump - but he missed, and if it hit, then that would be game over. I used Psychic - critical hit, Lapras died instantly and I won the tournament (finally, after 15 attempts). Unova Leaders on the other hand was a right walkover because I could just pwn them using my Kyurem and Zekrom.
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

Anybody have any good suggestions about what team to take into the PWT?
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit to Inferno Production for the banner

Can someone please explain how Brawlys Machamp in triple battle outspeeded my Timid Ev trained lvl 44 ->50 for PWT Charizard ??

^^
    He was holding power lens from Ev training. :P
    Last edited by 3fiddy; 24th January 2014 at 12:45 AM.
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Y Fc

I've completed up to the champions circuit, still have to beat that 8 more times to unlock other shiz. I had a hard time going in the contest, as I have zero ev/iv pokes on that cartridge. Plus I was not expecting that level of skill from CPU opponents.

Regardless, I found a pretty dang good combo with Rain dance Kingdra and thunder Magnezone. Despite having shitty iv's in sp.atk and a nature that hinders it, with rain + water gem, kingdra's hydropump kills most everything first turn, even some that resist lol Than if need be Magnezone's guaranteed thunder is a MONSTER of an attack.

I'm still trying to find a BW2 obtainable pokemon to fill the third spot, I've been using Gliscor to some success, but the one I have is just too slow, considering its essentially a revenge killer.

On a side-note, I'm really enjoying the rental circuit. It's awesome to see underutilized pokemon have creative stratagies I've never seen before. It's so cheap though, I've ran into Cilan with a team of like Volcarona, Salamence, and Hyreigon, three freaking pseudo legends! Also the fact you get a mere 2 BP off such a mentally exhausting 3 rounds is bull.
    ----------------------------------

Everytime I get to the finals in the World Leaders,I have to fight Skyla and her Swanna.Those birds can even beat my Electivire.Her Manibuzz's Nasty Plot also gets me.I use Dragonite and Alakazam,Swanna knocks out Alakazam,who targets Mandibuzz with Focus Blast,and Dragon Rush takes about a fraction of it's health.I envy my sister,who has one more round to go until the Champions.But her Gluttony,Liechi Berry,Belly Drum Snorlax is why she's that far.

"They used to shout my name and now they whisper it."
    I have claimed Inigo,Fire Emblem for the GBA,Open Your Heart from Sonic Aventure and Electabuzz!

I am Ev training 20+ pokes right now because of this PWT. Freaking awesome
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Y Fc

It took me a good while, but I managed to beat World Leaders twice. Then I transferred my teams to my X so no more hope to get to Champions. It took FOREVER to get to World Leaders. All the tournaments were really hard. I had TONS of close shaves in all of them. I can't say I had an easy time with any of them. My format was Double Battles. I used a Leafeon with a Razor Claw with the moves: Synthesis, Aerial Ace, Sunny Day, and Leaf Blade; a Flareon with a Razor Fang with the moves: Flamethrower, Fire Fang, Shadow Ball, and Helping Hand; a Vaporeon with a Zoom Lens and the moves: Aqua Ring, Ice Beam, Blizzard, and Hydro Pump; and a Jolteon with Wise Glasses with the moves: Dig, Charge Beam, Thunderbolt, and Quick Attack. This team was the best I came up with. Leafeon got the Razor Claw because its best move is Leaf Blade, which has a high critical hit ratio, so that would boost the chance of a critical hit even further. The Razor Fang increases the chance to make the target flinch, and my Flareon's best move is Fire Fang, which can make the target flinch. Vaporeon got the Zoom Lens because its speed stat is extremely pitiful. It never fails to move last. I used that to my advantage since the Zoom Lens increases accuracy if the holder moves last. That way I can increase the hit chance of Hydro Pump and Blizzard. Finally, Jolteon got the Wise Glasses to power up its Special Attack stat. That helps work off Charge Beam which can raise Special Attack stat.

~Ayrafeneres~
    ^My Fan Fic^
    ^My Art Thread^

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819