Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

I gotta say, I'm a big fan of the BP system put in place for the PWT. Simply perform more efficiently and get more BP for it? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Well it would make you less aggravated to lose and, depending on the prize, would make you want to lose after a certain point
    I'm a bit iffy on wanting to lose... I mean, the whole point is to win, right?

The prizes given out as consolation should be worth less than 1 BP, because otherwise, players would keep taking advantage of the consolation prize and not actually participate in the facility like they were intended to.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I'm a bit iffy on wanting to lose... I mean, the whole point is to win, right?

The prizes given out as consolation should be worth less than 1 BP, because otherwise, players would keep taking advantage of the consolation prize and not actually participate in the facility like they were intended to.
    Well I'm not saying they should give you a ridiculous item like Choice ____ or anything. Maybe something simple like shards or heart scales

Anyone have any interesting mix battles? Sorry, but they are the most interesting at the PWT for me.

So far my elemental monkeys I think I mention on the first page have been fun to use because they use a variety of moves I thought fit them as well as help them. ^^

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Anyone have any interesting mix battles? Sorry, but they are the most interesting at the PWT for me.

So far my elemental monkeys I think I mention on the first page have been fun to use because they use a variety of moves I thought fit them as well as help them. ^^
    I had an interesting mix battle in the Mix Master tournament with Roxie. I was in Triples, so we took 2 pokemon from each other. She took my Amoonguss, so I took...her Amoonguss. We also swapped my Swampert with her Crobat, and the battle was pretty easy, until she sent out my Amoonguss. It was the only thing left, but it was a huge pain to take down. Clay was my final round battle...for the 3rd time in a row.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

It's a shame the rental tournament pokemon have crappy move sets compared to the Battle factory pokemon from E/Pt/HGSS. I can't win the rental masters because every rental pokemon I get has an awful moveset.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I had an interesting mix battle in the Mix Master tournament with Roxie. I was in Triples, so we took 2 pokemon from each other. She took my Amoonguss, so I took...her Amoonguss. We also swapped my Swampert with her Crobat, and the battle was pretty easy, until she sent out my Amoonguss. It was the only thing left, but it was a huge pain to take down. Clay was my final round battle...for the 3rd time in a row.
    Actually Cheren and I swapped stoutland in regular mix. His had the three elemental bites and work up while mine had odor sleuth, giga impact, crunch, and reversal. I believe his was slightly better atk while mine had slightly better defense. Luckily, first ice fan froze it.

I think after I clear the E4 (soon), I might try the PWT.

How is the rental battling, compared to the "Battle Factory" in DPP?
    My White 2 Challenge-Mode Team: Defeated Champion

My Black 2 Team: Defeated Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bdb2010 View Post
    I think after I clear the E4 (soon), I might try the PWT.

How is the rental battling, compared to the "Battle Factory" in DPP?
    About the same. 3 on 3 battles, and once you clear Rentals, you unlock Master Rentals, which has a lot stronger Pokemon.
    Under Construction

The main difference with PWT is that you don't get to switch your Pokemon with the opponent's after each victory, so you should make sure you get a really good selection of Pokemon before you start.

Anyone try out the Type Master tournaments yet?
    I don't have enough usable ones to take on any of them but they seem really interesting, especially for the ones with more limited Pokemon to choose from (Ghost types) or ones that lack a solid amount of good dual types (Ice Types)

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I don't have enough usable ones to take on any of them but they seem really interesting, especially for the ones with more limited Pokemon to choose from (Ghost types) or ones that lack a solid amount of good dual types (Ice Types)
    There's a Type Masters?
    I did not know that. You would think it's tedious enough just getting through Type Expert...
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    There's a Type Masters?
    I did not know that. You would think it's tedious enough just getting through Type Expert...
    I meant Expert, got my titles confused

Yes, I have, and they are the funnest tournaments in my opinion! I have beaten Normal, Water, Fire, Fighting, Psychic, Dark, Ice, Flying, Dragon, and Ground so far. Grass and Electric have given me the most problems... and I haven't challenged the remaining ones yet, but they are on the to-do list.
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

I hope popping the cartridge out of the slot while it's powered on doesn't damage it, because I've been doing that a lot lately. So pissed.

I finally unlocked the Champions tournament using EV training and some lucky matchups, and now I ran into a brick wall. Had to swap out my Haxorus for a Magnezone just to shut Wallace up, and I just died to Snorlax + Quick Claw hax. I guess I'll have to go back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    I hope popping the cartridge out of the slot while it's powered on doesn't damage it, because I've been doing that a lot lately. So pissed.

I finally unlocked the Champions tournament using EV training and some lucky matchups, and now I ran into a brick wall. Had to swap out my Haxorus for a Magnezone just to shut Wallace up, and I just died to Snorlax + Quick Claw hax. I guess I'll have to go back to the drawing board.
    There's nothing that terrible about losing... it's an easy way to Shard grind, actually.
    Oh, and it won't damage your DS, but it might corrupt your save file if you do it enough times.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    There's nothing that terrible about losing... it's an easy way to Shard grind, actually.
    Oh, and it won't damage your DS, but it might corrupt your save file if you do it enough times.
    Shards actually pile up quickly if you run Antique Shops in Join Avenue. I concede that losing in the PWT is a lot less onerous than in the Subway, but it still grinds my gears. I'll just have to spread my pokemon around in case I wind up destroying my cartridge.

I'm working on them right now. Only Steel to go. Dark has been the toughest, since I have no solid Dark types apart from Tyranitar and Cacturne, but I'm glad that's done. Steel is proving tough, because I can't do a thing to Byron's Excadrill without a Scarf on Lucario. They're fun tournaments, but some are naturally easy if you pick the right pokemon. Fighting with Gallade, Bug with Volcarona, Rock with Terrakion, to name a few.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I tried doing the Psychic Tournament, but I keep losing because everything and it's mother carries Shadow Ball, and the Pokemon I'm running (Besides Musharna) are too frail to survive more than one. If only I could get rid of that stupid Item Clause. (So I can have multiple Pokemon with Leftovers.)

On the other hand, my combination of Calm Mind passing Musharna, with Choice Specs Jolteon has done well in the regular tournaments.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 28th October 2012 at 2:02 AM.

So many hax...I have beaten a lot of the tournaments, but they get status benefits galore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
    I tried doing the Psychic Tournament, but I keep losing because everything and it's mother carries Shadow Ball, and the Pokemon I'm running (Besides Musharna) are too frail to survive more than one. If only I could get rid of that stupid Item Clause. (So I can have multiple Pokemon with Leftovers.)

On the other hand, my combination of Calm Mind passing Musharna, with Choice Specs Jolteon has done well in the regular tournaments.
    I'd try something faster like an Alakazam or Starmie. Musharna is normally only good in double battles.
    Under Construction

I love those type-exclusive World Tournament challenges. It's like the Battle Hall (which I already loved), but better.

I'm currently trying to get a good Bronzong for the Psychic-type challenge (since I'm weird and want to only use Psychic-type Pokémon for the Psychic-type challenge).

Wait...don't you HAVE to only use those type of pokémon in the challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Wait...don't you HAVE to only use those type of pokémon in the challenge?
    ...Right. What am I even saying?

Even then, that would just make those type-exclusive challenges even harder and thus even more fun. (:

So... anyone try the downloadable tournaments yet?
    I've yet to, still trying to beat all the Type Experts.
    Under Construction

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast