Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

I'm a huge fan of world tournament.
    I think that it is fair to say it's one of the best additions.
    The funny thing is, I'm generally not competitive, but I really got into the tournament, it's cool to see familiar faces and gives that sense of nostalgia many games lack. Also, as a non competitive player i get a challenge which is always nice.
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedSwalot View Post
    I'm a huge fan of world tournament.
    I think that it is fair to say it's one of the best additions.
    The funny thing is, I'm generally not competitive, but I really got into the tournament, it's cool to see familiar faces and gives that sense of nostalgia many games lack. Also, as a non competitive player i get a challenge which is always nice.
    One of the things that I always convince myself about the World Tournament is that it's the bridge between casual and competitive. Casual in that it's accessible to all types of players, and competitive in that the strategies used are often competitive. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I really need to participate at the PWT a lot more than I have.. I've only won the Unova leaders tournament once, and lost in the Hoenn leaders and rental tournaments twice. I would've focused more on it but my main priority has been the pokedex, I may have to take a break from it and go back to the World tournament sometime. I love the idea of it too, I just don't know why I haven't bothered with it much.
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

I had so much trouble with Kanto Leaders simply because everytime I entered I was destined to battle Sabrina at some point and she would without fail sweep me easily.

I've made it to the Champions league and attempted it about 50 times. Of those 50 times I've made it through the first round about 20 times and about 5 times from there. I've only won once, because my team can't really take a hit and don't have the necessary speed. Oh well, it's all worth it to hear Steven and Wallace's Champion music again.

Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    I had so much trouble with Kanto Leaders simply because everytime I entered I was destined to battle Sabrina at some point and she would without fail sweep me easily.

I've made it to the Champions league and attempted it about 50 times. Of those 50 times I've made it through the first round about 20 times and about 5 times from there. I've only won once, because my team can't really take a hit and don't have the necessary speed. Oh well, it's all worth it to hear Steven and Wallace's Champion music again.
    Ugh, I'm having trouble with Kanto at the moment. Lt. Surge keeps mopping the floor with me.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    Ugh, I'm having trouble with Kanto at the moment. Lt. Surge keeps mopping the floor with me.
    I think Surge was the only Kanto Leader I didn't actually battle. And yeah, after being annihilated by Kanto so often I used the same team but in Rotation Battle and it was so much smoother.

I think Surge was the only Kanto Leader I didn't actually battle. And yeah, after being annihilated by Kanto so often I used the same team but in Rotation Battle and it was so much smoother.
    I can beat just about every other leader, but i keep going up against surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    I can beat just about every other leader, but i keep going up against surge.
    Yeah, had exactly the same problem with Sabrina. She came up in every tournament and was never beaten by anyone else.

Yeah, had exactly the same problem with Sabrina. She came up in every tournament and was never beaten by anyone else.
    yay, just finished Kanto . just got Sinnoh to go now.

How many downloadable tournaments are you allowed to have at a time? Is it like the c-gear/pokedex skins or the extra musical shows you can get from the DW, ie you only have one on your game at a time?
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

I just defeated the Junior division finalists, I've battled less than 10 battles over wifi. I felt like it was too easy, they are some of the best in the world

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang97 View Post
    I just defeated the Junior division finalists, I've battled less than 10 battles over wifi. I felt like it was too easy, they are some of the best in the world
    They use the normal AI, not their original human brains.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

I keep losing in the World Leaders, they are quite tough (and I like to use underated stuff like Grumpig and Mothim) but somtimes it's not fair, Dragon Gem Outrages everywhere...
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Clair from Johto... Ugh.. she caused me so much trouble!

I haven't gotten up to World Leaders on Black 2, mainly because I'm not using my EV trained awesome stuff and just using my crappy in-game team. For me, Misty has always been a huge pain for Kanto Leaders. I don't have a Grass type, so I switch to Samurott to KO with Megahorn, but nope, she has Thunderbolt. I usually lose two Pokemon trying to take it down.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Unhappy

Any ideas or improvements that the WT could have? They don't have Elite 4 and I want that!
    My awesome Pokémon website!
    http://wp.me/P3qm7Z-g

Check it out!

Need one more win from the World Leaders to unlock the Champions tournament.

What a pain in the butt this has been lol

The only tournament I have a chance of success in is single battles. Otherwise I get destroyed. The chance of success is still small though, since Brawly just beat me by getting two crits in a row.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

My ev trained Multiscale Dragonite is owning the PWT I can't believe something I bred is so good.Its not all my Dragonite though I also use Stoutland and Zebstrika and i'm trying to unlock the Champions one only 5 more World Leaders tournys!

My Rotation team for taking on the World Leaders was:
    Serperior (Overgrow) 1st
    Leaf Blade
    Outrage
    Iron Tail
    Aqua Tail

Chandelure (Flame Body) 2nd
    Shadow Ball
    Flamethrower
    Psychic
    Energy Ball

Jellicent (Cursed Body) 3rd
    Surf
    Shadow Ball
    Ice Beam
    Energy Ball

Braviary (Defiant) 4th
    Fly
    Aerial Ace
    Shadow Claw
    Thrash

Sending Fire, Water and Grass out first seems a good tactic, as those that use a single type often struggle for a super effective hit. Cursed Body on Jellicent is an absolute godsend. I think Red's Blastoise has tried to use Water Spout on it before, had it disable, and was forced to use Struggle (Probably because of some kind of Choice item.

Quote Originally Posted by MontyMole View Post
    Any ideas or improvements that the WT could have? They don't have Elite 4 and I want that!
    I would have added an extra tournament, called World Elite, and it would include the Elite 4, as well as the regional rivals (Blue, Silver, Wally, Barry, Hugh) and would thus provide a bunch of fresh faces, and have that pool part of the World Leader's tournament too.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Wow, the rental tournament is just

Terrible.
    Like, absolutely awful. The pokemon they let you choose from are awful, the majority of the Pokemon the opponents have are waaaaay better than yours and you have no real way to influence anything.

The Battle Factory...sort of...worked because you would get hints on the first however many opponents and not ALL the pokemon were awful.
    And even when I get something okay, the opponents either have the perfect counter or a Pokemon that is just straight up better than absolutely anything I have (BOUFFALANT, SUP)

Wow, the rental tournament is just

Terrible.
    Like, absolutely awful. The pokemon they let you choose from are awful, the majority of the Pokemon the opponents have are waaaaay better than yours and you have no real way to influence anything.

The Battle Factory...sort of...worked because you would get hints on the first however many opponents and not ALL the pokemon were awful.
    And even when I get something okay, the opponents either have the perfect counter or a Pokemon that is just straight up better than absolutely anything I have (BOUFFALANT, SUP)
    Not to mention we cannot trade our Pokemon with the opponent's Pokemon once the battle ends.....so unlike in Factory, we're stuck with what we have until the end.

But I actually won the Rental tournament while playing it under Rotation rule. The Pokemon I used are actually interesting too, good examples are Sunnybeaming Whimsicott with Shadow Ball and Psychic, a Gurdurr whose Poison Jab actually helps me because it just keeps poisoning the opponent, and Adamant Galvantula with X-Scissor and Wild Charge whose Attack stat is actually much higher than its SAtk stat.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I got very close to beating Rotation Rentals

Until Clay's Beheeyem got Trick Room off a second time, meaning there was no way for me to finish it off with Cinccino (who died to Roggenrola though did manage to weaken the two) or Sigilyph (who had to take a Smack Down and then had no chance to survive Thunderbolt)
    But there wasn't anything that I could do. If I swapped in Cinccino earlier it would have been slow and out. Later and Sigilyph would be out and Cinccino unable to do anything. There was nothing I could do against Trick Room and my 1 bulky Pokemon already died (though he did take down a Mienshao under Trick Room)

I just keep resetting my Pokemon selection until I get the ones that I know are among the best.

It's a little tedious, but not as tedious as losing.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast