Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gravity Falls discussion

Default Gravity Falls discussion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_Falls

So, does anyone else here like this show as much as I do? I love it, and the theme song is amazingly addicting. The mysterious feel of the show also adds to its charm, as well as the humor and art style. The animation is amazing and fluid at times, and the quirky personalities of the main cast make it so much more dynamic. I also love the hidden messages sprinkled about in the opening and throughout the show, and how they seem to be foreshadowing future events when decoded. It's not the best tv show ever, I'll admit it, but it's worth a watch, definitely.
    ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

i like it.
    as u can probl'y, tell i love mysteries, and granted its not the best mystery show out there its pretty funny.
    Live long and prosper

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

It's a good show. It's not Phineas and Ferb, but it is definitely one of the better cartoons of this decade.

I love this show. It's actually pretty good for a Disney show. Phineas and Ferb is okay but not as good as Gravity Falls. I can't pick a favorite though--it's hard to pick between Dipper, Mabel and Robbie tbh.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

I really like Gravity Falls. It's one of the better written kid shows. I could see it getting very interesting as it goes along and I look forward to it. Mable is also probably the best character on there.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

It's a cute show. It isn't my cup of tea really but I can sit down and watch just fine. The animation is pretty good though and the opening is catchy.

exsplo
    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

The theme song is amazing. I can stand it, but the only real reason I'm watching it is because I want to know more about the story.
    I'll put something here...eventually

This show just came to South Africa and I saw the first ep today! It's way better than what I was expecting! Either Dipper or Soos is my fav character.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.
    Animal abuse is horrible if you agree copy this into your signature (started by Tepig Rules)
    ~The right thing to guide us, is right here inside us, no-one can divide us, when the light is nearly gone~- When We Stand Together, By Nickelback.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Freshest original kids' 'toon in a while. I like Phineas and Ferb but they reek of cheesiness while Gravity Falls does an excellent job with parody and has an outstanding sense of humour.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Gravity Falls is just awesome. My favorite show. It's got humor as well as mystery.

This show is the only reason why I watch the Disney Channel. Caught it a while back and was quite baffled with how lightly the topic of death and murder is taken considering the channel its on.
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Oh my god, I LOVE this show. I've seen a few quotes from the creator and all, and he knows what he's doing. Seriously. This was a show I didn't know I needed until now, and I'd say my life wouldn't have been complete without it. Okay, I was exaggerating there, but it's still pretty great and I'd definitely recommend it to ANYONE. Although it might not necessarily be some peoples' cup of tea, it's worth a try.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

It's pretty good. I like the mysteries and the humor mixed into it.
    I play Minecraft under the Same Username
    Romney 2012! Copy and paste this into your sig if you agree!
    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy this in your signature.

Credit to Mochi10 for the Team Pose
    Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

When Disney makes an animated cartoon, they get some decent results. Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, even Kick Buttowski and Fish Hooks are solid/not bad.

i like it,so many un-real things happen

One of the better shows on Disney at the moment. mixed with P&F, Vampire, and Shake it Up.

Mabel was my favorite on the show until they introduced Waddles. Now its a tie between the two.
    Last edited by pikasaur; 30th October 2012 at 10:06 PM.

After reading people's comments and looking it up, though I doubt it'll be able to beat P&F for me, I've decided to give Gravity Falls a shot. It just premiered on Disney recently where I'm at, but I missed it. ;n; Ahh well, I guess there's still the Internet.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

I don't know when it's on, so I haven't seen it recently, but I discovered it was on when we were at Disneyland in July. We were just watching the Disney Channel one night (because LOL DISNEY) when this show came on, and we were just laughing the entire time. But I've only seen a couple of episodes, so I don't have much to discuss other than the fact the humor is well-played. And lots of radar-breaking moments, too. Ohhhhhh yeah.

Mom didn't think the gnome throwing up rainbows on a loop during the credits was funny. Dad was laughing the entire time, but Mom just sat there with a look on her face that said, "WTF are we watching?" Of course, she loves Phineas and Ferb, and Gravity Falls reminds me of it a little bit, so I don't know. Though to be honest, that part with the vomiting gnome reminded me of Grim Adventures.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I don't know when it's on, so I haven't seen it recently, but I discovered it was on when we were at Disneyland in July. We were just watching the Disney Channel one night (because LOL DISNEY) when this show came on, and we were just laughing the entire time. But I've only seen a couple of episodes, so I don't have much to discuss other than the fact the humor is well-played. And lots of radar-breaking moments, too. Ohhhhhh yeah.

Mom didn't think the gnome throwing up rainbows on a loop during the credits was funny. Dad was laughing the entire time, but Mom just sat there with a look on her face that said, "WTF are we watching?" Of course, she loves Phineas and Ferb, and Gravity Falls reminds me of it a little bit, so I don't know. Though to be honest, that part with the vomiting gnome reminded me of Grim Adventures.
    I don't know. I don't think it's as disturbing as Grim Adventures, but I can see where you're coming from with the randomness of most of the stuff.
    I just love the interactions with the siblings. And the soundtrack. Oh the soundtrack.
    Plus Mabel is the best thing ever, so.

Well....it seems as if we are not getting a new episode until 2013. Darn Disney channel no one wants to watch "Dog With A Blog".
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I really connect with Dipper. Growing up can be hard to do. Soos's a nice guy too.
    Last edited by matt0044; 13th November 2012 at 4:45 PM.
    Pokemon: The Black & White Adventure: 14 year old Hilda is a Pokemon Trainer with a secret: she can talk to Pokemon. After setting off into Unova with her starter, she gets involved in the affairs of Team Plasma and becomes acquainted with N, a mysterious guy her age with the exact same abilities as her. While enjoying her life, a tangled web of mystery is weaved around her and the reveal may shock her beyond belief...

Join the adventure by clicking the link above. Read & Review.

Your signature broke the rules so I removed your images. Make sure to read them

My Tumblr of Truth

I love this show as much as I've ever loved an animated show for kids. Oh god Mabel is the best, the very best. And OH MY GOD WADDLES. <3

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    Well....it seems as if we are not getting a new episode until 2013. Darn Disney channel no one wants to watch "Dog With A Blog".
    Wait, what? Showing less Gravity Falls in favor of more Dog With a Blog should be punishable by death.

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    ...What the f*ck is Disney thinking? Dog with a Blog is sh!t.
    I'll put something here...eventually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_eFN9yjcPw

Man, it's just bone-chilling how mysterious these... mysteries are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast