Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Adventures volume 42

D: I can't see the images.

Well, at least we know that volume 43 will start the Black and White chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by breakfastinbed View Post
    D: I can't see the images.
    I would direct you to Lolipiece's tumblr, but the whole thing doesn't seem to work right now. So here are the pictures for those who can't see them otherwise:

http://db.tt/Os98WW4s
    http://db.tt/N6iqfmjU

I noticed how Petrel is using Giovanni's disguise until Ursaring slashes it through to reveal himself. I bet Pryce's wounds healed overtime and decided to let the past go and came back thanks to Celebi.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    Now that we know we have another volume to go, is Sird appearing a far fetched idea?
    Beyond a cameo, I say yes. I don't think that volume 43 will be completely HGSS. It'll probably just have a few chapters to end HGSS and then be BW for the rest. I really doubt vol. 43 will do anything important with Saque. The volume has the other villains to worry about, after all.
    Last edited by Evilchibi_pichu; 26th October 2012 at 8:08 PM.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

................This is the biggest Pokespe surprise ever. I already new Lance appeared, I thought Giovanni would not appear if 42 was the last chapter. I thought Pryce appearing was only in the realm of fanfiction. Kusaka has managed to surprise me to depths I can't even explain. Now, I hope Silver finally gets Ursaring back, so he can give Rhyperior back to Green, so Green can have 6 Pokemon again. Also, this may be a longshot, but Pichu needs to reappear badly.

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    ................This is the biggest Pokespe surprise ever. I already new Lance appeared, I thought Giovanni would not appear if 42 was the last chapter. I thought Pryce appearing was only in the realm of fanfiction. Kusaka has managed to surprise me to depths I can't even explain. Now, I hope Silver finally gets Ursaring back, so he can give Rhyperior back to Green, so Green can have 6 Pokemon again. Also, this may be a longshot, but Pichu needs to reappear badly.
    He has ten Pokemon available on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    Beyond a cameo, I say yes. I don't think that volume 43 will be completely HGSS. It'll probably just have a few chapters to end HGSS and then be BW for the rest. I really doubt vol. 43 will do anything important with Saque. The volume has the other villains to worry about, after all.
    Yeah, i mean i'm not expecting Sird to have a big part on the plot. Just a quick appearance like the one in the DP chapter. Or a flashback where Giovanni tells the story of how he met her.

Whoa whoa WHOA!!!! I did NOT expect that!! Them just reappearing like that...especially Pryce...how did he even escape from being lost in time?!

If Sird does appear and that's a big if, I don't expect anything major to happen with her, just more complicated and convoluted crap to be explained on how she's connected to this and that. It's still to early to judge if HGSS was rushed or not but if nothing else at least we all got the surprise of Pryce.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Thank you!

There is a scene on the GSC chapter where Pryce tells Gold and Crystal about the respective goals of Giovanni and Lance.
    -Giovanni wanted to control all kinds of substance or matter.
    -Lance wanted to create an utopia for Pokemon and that was related to Space
    -And Pryce wanted to control Time.

Huh? Time, Space and Matter...Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina?
    Now we know why these three are together in this chapter. Maybe they will have something to do with the Sinnoh Legendary Trio or maybe it's something symbolic. But still is kinda cool of Kusaka to reach back to past chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    He has ten Pokemon available on him.
    I kind of meant on Green's main team (Charizard, Scizor, Porygon2, Golduck, and Machamp). His other 5 aren't really main and are really just for him to use at Viridian Gym.

The appearance of Giovanni, Lance and Pryce is a nice plot twist;-D
    Anyone has the list of chapters and/or more pictures from the volume?
    My friends while crossing Johto:

Yes!!! Giovanni reappears, hgss chapter is not a blow-off and there is now a chance of sird appearing!!! My life is complete!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JB2448 View Post
    Can I just say how much I called 42 not being the final volume? 'Cause I totally did.
    That being said, I didn't expect Pryce. I don't think anyone could.
    Me called it too Look back at the Sird thread I made

Okay here's my (sorta) theory about how Pryce came back to time: well, something to do with the Celebi event from the games and how Giovanni came here to be will be connected to Pryce's appearance. Also, I think this will lead to Spiky-eared Pichu (hopefully).

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

WANT WANT WANT WANT. X333

I'm uber curious to see how Silver and Giovanni will interact, but I was all "aww" at the scene where Gio said "Of course it is. My son raised it." I always loved Silver's plot with his father so this is a treat for me. X3
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Okay here's my (sorta) theory about how Pryce came back to time: well, something to do with the Celebi event from the games and how Giovanni came here to be will be connected to Pryce's appearance. Also, I think this will lead to Spiky-eared Pichu (hopefully).
    No. Keep that worthless movie promotion out of this manga!

It was pointless then, it'd be more pointless now.

No. Keep that worthless movie promotion out of this manga!

It was pointless then, it'd be more pointless now.

However, it has appeared in the games(HGSS) and has itself plot......

In the games, Spiky-eared Pichu's unusual appearance and inability to evolve were implied to have been caused by time travel. In light of this, it is quite possible that Gold's Pichu will simply change its appearance provided that it travels through time again.

Well, at least we know that volume 43 will start the Black and White chapter.
    How do we know that? That may have been said months ago, but it was also said that the HGSS chapter would end in Volume 42, which didn't happen.

Dear All,

I've picked up the volume, and I'm glad (though sort of anticipated) that the magazine ending is not the true end.

Basically, the real change takes place towards the very end only, and all the previous events more or less stick to the magazine version (except one major bit, see below).

There are bits and pieces of new stuff, like when Arceus floored the Ecruteak Gym, there is an extra scene showing Togetaro horrified that Gold is missing. There is a scene showing the Radio Director arriving at the demolished Ecruteak Gym, appalled by its destruction. He is seen with a Dusknoir (which to me is just the writers trying to cram in another unfeatured Pokemon). The very first scene of Gold encountering Arceus (I refer to the very first panels of the HGSS chapter) are now incorporated into the actual fight between Gold and Arceus. Arceus is seen to use what appears to be Judgement.

A few extra panels is added to the conversation between Lance and Bugsy about the origin of the Pokeathlon. Bugsy seems intrigued by this 'mythical' Pokemon that the 'hero' went through the obstacles to find.
    Lance decided that he has no choice but to visit some place, and he is seen flying off on Dragonite. This obviously builds up to the new plot at the end.

Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are still being shattered by the Ultimate attacks. In the magazine, Arceus flashes to cause the Team Rocket Generals to disappear, then absorbs the Plates, and stands proud as Gold, Silver and Crys admire it. In the volume, after it absorbs the Plate, the shattered particles of the dragons suddenly reform again, and it is revealed that the Generals didn't disappear. They were just blown back.

Archer is depicted as extremely maniacal, claiming that once the Creation process begins, it cannot be stopped. Indeed, the dragons materialize again behind Arceus. He also says things like everything is destined, that Giovanni's possessions and his possessions are all destined. Archer's behavior start to scare his comrades as well, and while Petrel tries to disguise as Giovanni, the real Giovanni appears.

Silver's blindness is toned down, because Crys simply heals him with Parapeon's spores. Silver finally sees his father in person.
    There isn't much time for interaction though, because Pryce returns, and it seems like the big three ex-villains have gathered to deal with the three dragons (I do agree about their connections with Time, Space an Matter as one of you suggested)

The main difference in the previous plots is that the part where Gold evolves Togetaro is not included here, which means it's no longer supposed to happen at the Ruins of Alph like it did in the magazine.
    These scenes are seen at the preview of volume 43, which means the magazine-end of the Togetaro chapter may be (or part of) the actual volume end. (Note that to fit in the evolution plot, I have omitted the last page of the magazine chapter, where Arceus became content and flew away after Togetaro, as a Togekiss, unsuccessfully hits it with a Double Edge. The magazine end shows Gold riding on Togetaro to go home.)

Volume 42 includes many art pieces. It has a fold-in in full colour, one side featuring a new art of the 17 Arceus. The other side featured the concept arts of Gold, Silver, Crys, and all some coloured art which were used as the magazine covers. Several other un-coloured magazine covers were collected at the end. The backcover shows DJ Mary, the Director, Eusine and Crys's Mom (we finally know the colour of her hair).

Preview of 43 shows the Togetaro evolution scenes. It also confirms that HGSS will end and BW will commence.

One thing worth of note is that in the trivia section at the end which talks about the Pokeathlon's history, the 'mythical' Pokemon seems to be Celebi again.

=====================

Seems like even though the ending is changed and prolonged, it still wouldn't be too long (at least I doubt it will feature the return of previous Dex Holders, or allowing the Sinnoh ones to meet up with their seniors).

Now that we have Judgement, there are still a handful of 4th gen attacks missing: Acupressure, Assurance, Copycat, Rock Wrecker, Switcheroo and Tailwind.

Pokemon-wise, since Togekiss will appear in Volume 43, the only one that still hasn't appeared is Leafeon.

P.S. Oh, and on the matter of Pichu, Volume 42 shows the team profile of Gold, Silver and Crys (like they did to Red, Green, Blue, Yellow in FRLG). Pichu is added as an extra box, and a caption says 'As Gold's team currently has six other Pokemon, he is not carrying Pichu with him now, but...!?'

Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 27th October 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Thanks a lot Coronis, you're as always reliable;-)
    My friends while crossing Johto:

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Dear All,

I've picked up the volume, and I'm glad (though sort of anticipated) that the magazine ending is not the true end.

Basically, the real change takes place towards the very end only, and all the previous events more or less stick to the magazine version (except one major bit, see below).

There are bits and pieces of new stuff, like when Arceus floored the Ecruteak Gym, there is an extra scene showing Togetaro horrified that Gold is missing. There is a scene showing the Radio Director arriving at the demolished Ecruteak Gym, appalled by its destruction. He is seen with a Dusknoir (which to me is just the writers trying to cram in another unfeatured Pokemon). The very first scene of Gold encountering Arceus (I refer to the very first panels of the HGSS chapter) are now incorporated into the actual fight between Gold and Arceus. Arceus is seen to use what appears to be Judgement.

A few extra panels is added to the conversation between Lance and Bugsy about the origin of the Pokeathlon. Bugsy seems intrigued by this 'mythical' Pokemon that the 'hero' went through the obstacles to find.
    Lance decided that he has no choice but to visit some place, and he is seen flying off on Dragonite. This obviously builds up to the new plot at the end.

Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are still being shattered by the Ultimate attacks. In the magazine, Arceus flashes to cause the Team Rocket Generals to disappear, then absorbs the Plates, and stands proud as Gold, Silver and Crys admire it. In the volume, after it absorbs the Plate, the shattered particles of the dragons suddenly reform again, and it is revealed that the Generals didn't disappear. They were just blown back.

Archer is depicted as extremely maniacal, claiming that once the Creation process begins, it cannot be stopped. Indeed, the dragons materialize again behind Arceus. He also says things like everything is destined, that Giovanni's possessions and his possessions are all destined. Archer's behavior start to scare his comrades as well, and while Petrel tries to disguise as Giovanni, the real Giovanni appears.

Silver's blindness is toned down, because Crys simply heals him with Parapeon's spores. Silver finally sees his father in person.
    There isn't much time for interaction though, because Pryce returns, and it seems like the big three ex-villains have gathered to deal with the three dragons (I do agree about their connections with Time, Space an Matter as one of you suggested)

The main difference in the previous plots is that the part where Gold evolves Togetaro is not included here, which means it's no longer supposed to happen at the Ruins of Alph like it did in the magazine.
    These scenes are seen at the preview of volume 43, which means the magazine-end of the Togetaro chapter may be (or part of) the actual volume end. (Note that to fit in the evolution plot, I have omitted the last page of the magazine chapter, where Arceus became content and flew away after Togetaro, as a Togekiss, unsuccessfully hits it with a Double Edge. The magazine end shows Gold riding on Togetaro to go home.)

Volume 42 includes many art pieces. It has a fold-in in full colour, one side featuring a new art of the 17 Arceus. The other side featured the concept arts of Gold, Silver, Crys, and all some coloured art which were used as the magazine covers. Several other un-coloured magazine covers were collected at the end. The backcover shows DJ Mary, the Director, Eusine and Crys's Mom (we finally know the colour of her hair).

Preview of 43 shows the Togetaro evolution scenes. It also confirms that HGSS will end and BW will commence.

One thing worth of note is that in the trivia section at the end which talks about the Pokeathlon's history, the 'mythical' Pokemon seems to be Celebi again.

=====================

Seems like even though the ending is changed and prolonged, it still wouldn't be too long (at least I doubt it will feature the return of previous Dex Holders, or allowing the Sinnoh ones to meet up with their seniors).

Now that we have Judgement, there are still a handful of 4th gen attacks missing: Acupressure, Assurance, Copycat, Rock Wrecker, Switcheroo and Tailwind.

Pokemon-wise, since Togekiss will appear in Volume 43, the only one that still hasn't appeared is Leafeon.

P.S. Oh, and on the matter of Pichu, Volume 42 shows the team profile of Gold, Silver and Crys (like they did to Red, Green, Blue, Yellow in FRLG). Pichu is added as an extra box, and a caption says 'As Gold's team currently has six other Pokemon, he is not carrying Pichu with him now, but...!?'

Coronis~
    Thank you so much Coronis! So someone happened to Pichu? Giovanni, Lance and Pryce will fight the dragons and I guess the dexholders will appear in the BW2 arc at the world tournament along with Saque? I hoped they would finish Saque off in the HGSS arc, but I guess Kusaka has something else planned. Well at least it's so much better than the magazine version. I never expected Crys' mom to have silver/ purple like hair. I guess most people thought she was blonde, but with her character and weird clothing style it kinda fits her.
    Last edited by Dreamingflower; 27th October 2012 at 1:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Dear All,

=====================

Coronis~
    Awesome job, Coronis! It sounds like some major tweaks were added to make HGSS look better. I knew it would look better in volume form. At least it doesn't look as rushed as the poor Platinum arc. It's also somewhat nice to know that the fake Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina (Yes I still call them fakes) aren't beaten so easily, because I was like "What?" with how their magazine halves were defeated. Giovanni, Lance, and Pryce together to fight the dragons should be very interesting. And BW starts in Volume 43. I wonder what the cover for that volume will look like? Will it still be HGSS or BW or a mix of both or all older gens like volume 15's cover. I vote for a generation cover like volume 15 just to show how far PokeSpecial has come.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast