Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Adventures volume 42

Huh. So volume 43 will start BW.

I thought they stopped putting unrelated chapters in the same book. (Platinum doesn't count)

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    However, it has appeared in the games(HGSS) and has itself plot......
    Yes, but it's absolutely worthless.

It can't evolve, which defeats the purpose of Pokemon, anyway.

It can't be traded, and there's no excuse for being unable to do so in a game where we can still trade between gens IV and V.

The Pikachu-colored Pichu is a thousand times more useful, because it can actually do those things.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 27th October 2012 at 2:23 PM.

Can't wait till we get 43's release date.

P-PRYCE!?
    Well, this has made me more hyped up for the new volume more than ever.
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

Can I ask 42 volume contains a total of a few rounds?

Thank you!!

And if no other stunning figures on the next volume of the back cover,

it will probably Striaton brothers on this, when BW accounted for half of the volume......

(Oh, Palmer......)

I hope the new dimension trio won't get killed. I would feel sorry for them.
    They were just born, they have a consciousness and I am sure they aren't pure evil, so they they would not deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonspecialgerman View Post
    I hope the new dimension trio won't get killed. I would feel sorry for them.
    They were just born, they have a consciousness and I am sure they aren't pure evil, so they they would not deserve it.
    No. No they don't.

They're just mindless creatures.

Oh? Well if that's the case I think it's okay.
    It would be like the Kyogre clone.

I'm glad Ursaring and Giovanni are finally back; I was wondering if we'd ever see them again. The real shock came when I saw that image of Pryce; I was sure he would never appear again after the events of the G/S/C chapter. Anyway, I love the backcover with Mary, Eusine and the others. Oh, and the concept art page is very interesting too.

The only thing I would have wished for HGSS and they still might appear and that's Ho-oh and Lugia appearing. These two are the faces of HeartGold and SoulSilver so I would hope they would have appeared in some shape or form. Still scratching my head why they used Arceus in Johto but then I remember Deoxys in FRLG and I know why. But with Pryce here it's not to hard to believe that Lugia and Ho-oh could appear, right guys? Guys?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Dear All,

I've picked up the volume, and I'm glad (though sort of anticipated) that the magazine ending is not the true end.

Basically, the real change takes place towards the very end only, and all the previous events more or less stick to the magazine version (except one major bit, see below).

There are bits and pieces of new stuff, like when Arceus floored the Ecruteak Gym, there is an extra scene showing Togetaro horrified that Gold is missing. There is a scene showing the Radio Director arriving at the demolished Ecruteak Gym, appalled by its destruction. He is seen with a Dusknoir (which to me is just the writers trying to cram in another unfeatured Pokemon). The very first scene of Gold encountering Arceus (I refer to the very first panels of the HGSS chapter) are now incorporated into the actual fight between Gold and Arceus. Arceus is seen to use what appears to be Judgement.

A few extra panels is added to the conversation between Lance and Bugsy about the origin of the Pokeathlon. Bugsy seems intrigued by this 'mythical' Pokemon that the 'hero' went through the obstacles to find.
    Lance decided that he has no choice but to visit some place, and he is seen flying off on Dragonite. This obviously builds up to the new plot at the end.

Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are still being shattered by the Ultimate attacks. In the magazine, Arceus flashes to cause the Team Rocket Generals to disappear, then absorbs the Plates, and stands proud as Gold, Silver and Crys admire it. In the volume, after it absorbs the Plate, the shattered particles of the dragons suddenly reform again, and it is revealed that the Generals didn't disappear. They were just blown back.

Archer is depicted as extremely maniacal, claiming that once the Creation process begins, it cannot be stopped. Indeed, the dragons materialize again behind Arceus. He also says things like everything is destined, that Giovanni's possessions and his possessions are all destined. Archer's behavior start to scare his comrades as well, and while Petrel tries to disguise as Giovanni, the real Giovanni appears.

Silver's blindness is toned down, because Crys simply heals him with Parapeon's spores. Silver finally sees his father in person.
    There isn't much time for interaction though, because Pryce returns, and it seems like the big three ex-villains have gathered to deal with the three dragons (I do agree about their connections with Time, Space an Matter as one of you suggested)

The main difference in the previous plots is that the part where Gold evolves Togetaro is not included here, which means it's no longer supposed to happen at the Ruins of Alph like it did in the magazine.
    These scenes are seen at the preview of volume 43, which means the magazine-end of the Togetaro chapter may be (or part of) the actual volume end. (Note that to fit in the evolution plot, I have omitted the last page of the magazine chapter, where Arceus became content and flew away after Togetaro, as a Togekiss, unsuccessfully hits it with a Double Edge. The magazine end shows Gold riding on Togetaro to go home.)

Volume 42 includes many art pieces. It has a fold-in in full colour, one side featuring a new art of the 17 Arceus. The other side featured the concept arts of Gold, Silver, Crys, and all some coloured art which were used as the magazine covers. Several other un-coloured magazine covers were collected at the end. The backcover shows DJ Mary, the Director, Eusine and Crys's Mom (we finally know the colour of her hair).

Preview of 43 shows the Togetaro evolution scenes. It also confirms that HGSS will end and BW will commence.

One thing worth of note is that in the trivia section at the end which talks about the Pokeathlon's history, the 'mythical' Pokemon seems to be Celebi again.

=====================

Seems like even though the ending is changed and prolonged, it still wouldn't be too long (at least I doubt it will feature the return of previous Dex Holders, or allowing the Sinnoh ones to meet up with their seniors).

Now that we have Judgement, there are still a handful of 4th gen attacks missing: Acupressure, Assurance, Copycat, Rock Wrecker, Switcheroo and Tailwind.

Pokemon-wise, since Togekiss will appear in Volume 43, the only one that still hasn't appeared is Leafeon.

P.S. Oh, and on the matter of Pichu, Volume 42 shows the team profile of Gold, Silver and Crys (like they did to Red, Green, Blue, Yellow in FRLG). Pichu is added as an extra box, and a caption says 'As Gold's team currently has six other Pokemon, he is not carrying Pichu with him now, but...!?'

Coronis~
    thank you, Coronis likes always. I'm surprised that Pryce still alive!

You're awesome Coronis.

So Volumn 43 truly begins of BW chapter arc. I'm still excited that there're some HGSS chapters left in Vol.43. How's the conclusion of HGSS proceed? ><

You said the Sinnoh dexholders may reunite with the older dexholders. I think that fabulous because in Vol.41 Morty state that Jasmine is still in Sinnoh and we saw her in Vol.31. So it's hardly possible that Sinnoh dexholders will appear in Vol.43 because of a same time. (However, it's still possible in Pokemon Special, even Pryce has come back.)
    Last edited by Platina_Berlitz; 28th October 2012 at 5:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    The only thing I would have wished for HGSS and they still might appear and that's Ho-oh and Lugia appearing. These two are the faces of HeartGold and SoulSilver so I would hope they would have appeared in some shape or form. Still scratching my head why they used Arceus in Johto but then I remember Deoxys in FRLG and I know why. But with Pryce here it's not to hard to believe that Lugia and Ho-oh could appear, right guys? Guys?
    Well Rayquaza didn't appear in the Emerald chapter...

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Well Rayquaza didn't appear in the Emerald chapter...
    But it appear in RS.

And Ho-oh and Lugia never appears in the fourth generation......

I hope Shinnoh and Hoenn dex holders can appear even

Because Shinnoh dex holders is the fourth generation of the protagonist,

and Hoenn dex holders do not appear, next appearance will be adult.

(Emerald debut as a 11-year-old, and his next appearance will be adult......oh.)

At the same time, we need to be accountable Lati@s and Manaphy things.

Well, sink me and call me an Aipom's uncle. This is blowing my mind.

Spoiler:- :
    [/SPOILER]

Some weird stuff going on around here. VERY happy that there's gonna be another HGSS volume. This is great news.
    Last edited by Wolverine; 28th October 2012 at 4:06 PM.

Of course Pryce is back, I don't see why everyone's so surprised. Besides, now they can 'hint' BW in HGSS with Lance (Dragon) and Pryce (Ice) (kyurem), not to mention having a complete line-up for the PWT.

And has Porygon-z been shown in the manga?
    Last edited by Porygandrew; 28th October 2012 at 5:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Well, sink me and call me an Aipom's uncle. This is blowing my mind.

Spoiler:- :
    [/SPOILER]

Some weird stuff going on around here. VERY happy that there's gonna be another HGSS volume. This is great news.
    Well, perhaps the quote "The enemy's enemy is your friend" applies here? Something tells me the reason those three are working together (the three most unlikely trio given that in the past they had motives against each other) may not be the Rocket executives and Arceus. Okay, they kidnapped Lance so he has motives against them. Petrel attacked Silver so there's Giovanni's motive against them but then again it's just Petrel, not all four of them and also Giovanni doesn't need to team up with two former enemies to take them down. And for Pryce, I don't see why he has any motive against the Rocket executives. There has to be some sort of big boss behind the Rocket executives that makes it necessary for the three original PokeSpecial villains to team up.

P.S. Oh, and on the matter of Pichu, Volume 42 shows the team profile of Gold, Silver and Crys (like they did to Red, Green, Blue, Yellow in FRLG). Pichu is added as an extra box, and a caption says 'As Gold's team currently has six other Pokemon, he is not carrying Pichu with him now, but...!?'

Coronis~
    Perhaps he's with Yellow then...I can't see Kusaka leave such an important Pokemon in the box and completely ignore him...
    Last edited by Macromind101; 28th October 2012 at 11:18 PM.

Just some personal afterthoughts on Volume 42 and some predictions, mostly statistical and data wise.

With the three former villains teaming up, it seems that they will focus on taking down Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, as Gold will still be dealing with Arceus himself (the Togepi plot).

I wonder if any of them will bring along some past legendaries (like how Blue took the Kanto birds with her in the GSC series). I don't know if these three dragons will be considered 'abnormal' Pokemon (like the fake Kyogre in Emerald), but in the games, they are legitimate Pokemon. So if the writers decided not to kill them off (disintegrate them), I also wonder if each of the former villains will end up catching one of the dragons, to their respective former motives. (Dialga - Pryce, Palkia - Lance, Giratina - Giovanni).

I previously said that it is unlikely that other Dex Holders will show up, but perhaps there will be a small chance that Cynthia enters the scene with the Sinnoh Dex Holders? This could hopefully give some screentime to Manaphy and Phione if they are still with them, although it's a far-fetched idea.

In fact, a lot of previous Dex Holders have already had cameos (or being mentioned):
    1) Red - when Gold recalls the Radio Director spying on his training with Red at Mt. Silver
    2) Green - the Rhyperior trading and evolution scene
    3) Blue - when Silver recalls her giving him the Razor Claw and Dusk Stone
    4) Emerald - when Crys was talking to Silver on the ferry ride to Ecruteak

I agree that somehow the BW series will be hinted seeing how every generation forecasts the next. For Leafeon, the only unfeatured Pokemon, chances are it will be seen in one of the post-war scenes, owned by some ordinary trainer.

For the 6 missing attacks, all but one could easily be featured seeing how at least someone at the scene owns a Pokemon that could use it:
    1) Assurance - Silver's Honchkrow, Weavile, or even Giovanni's Beedrill
    2) Copycat - Gold's Sudowoodo, Crys's Smoochum
    3) Rock Wrecker - Silver's Rhyperior
    4) Switcheroo - Gold's Ambipom
    5) Tailwind - Gold's Togekiss, Silver's Honchkrow, Cry's Xatu

The only problematic one is Acupressure. I checked the list, and Yellow's Dodrio is capable of using this. There is also the fact that Gold's Pichu seems to be hinted that it will appear, although it is currently not on Gold's team. Could Yellow actually come back in Vol 43?

Well, all the above are just personal thoughts and predictions of mine. Nothing concrete. On an interesting note, as I'm starting to compile the BW materials, I discovered that only 22 BW Pokemon have yet to make an appearance (or cameo). Attacks on the other hand, is a completely different matter.

P.S. Porygon-Z appeared as a Pokemon used by a virtual trainer Platinum fought at the Battle Castle.

Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 28th October 2012 at 6:47 PM.

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Well, if they aren't used, there's always BW.

(Wait. Silver has a Rhyperior and it hasn't used its (former, as of gen V) sig move? That doesn't make any sense.

Just some personal afterthoughts on Volume 42 and some predictions, mostly statistical and data wise.
    P.S. Porygon-Z appeared as a Pokemon used by a virtual trainer Platinum fought at the Battle Castle.
    Coronis~
    Okay I forgot Porygon-Z making an appearance in the Battle Castle but I still think Blue's Porygon2 should make an appearance and evolve. There were very few instances where a Pokemon belonging to a main character didn't evolve when there was nothing stopping it from evolving.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    No. No they don't.

They're just mindless creatures.
    Actually I'm fine with the Creation trio being destroyed. They were materialized. They didn't come from eggs like normal Pokemon are (and yes, they came from eggs in the game event so don't retaliate by saying they are special because they're legendaries). And they were created under evil will. Their only purpose is to destroy. That doesn't make them any different from the monster Kyogre Guile made. And plus, in the manga there wasn't any instances where there were two of the same legendary Pokemon species and both survived. So all the background behind the second Creation trio set makes them monsters rather than real Pokemon.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 28th October 2012 at 8:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Actually I'm fine with the Creation trio being destroyed. They were materialized. They didn't come from eggs like normal Pokemon are (and yes, they came from eggs in the game event so don't retaliate by saying they are special because they're legendaries). And they were created under evil will. Their only purpose is to destroy. That doesn't make them any different from the monster Kyogre Guile made. And plus, in the manga there wasn't any instances where there were two of the same legendary Pokemon species and both survived. So all the background behind the second Creation trio set makes them monsters rather than real Pokemon.
    You do realize Pokemon is short for Pocket Monsters, don't you....

Originally posted by Coronis

With the three former villains teaming up, it seems that they will focus on taking down Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, as Gold will still be dealing with Arceus himself (the Togepi plot).

I wonder if any of them will bring along some past legendaries (like how Blue took the Kanto birds with her in the GSC series). I don't know if these three dragons will be considered 'abnormal' Pokemon (like the fake Kyogre in Emerald), but in the games, they are legitimate Pokemon. So if the writers decided not to kill them off (disintegrate them), I also wonder if each of the former villains will end up catching one of the dragons, to their respective former motives. (Dialga - Pryce, Palkia - Lance, Giratina - Giovanni).

I previously said that it is unlikely that other Dex Holders will show up, but perhaps there will be a small chance that Cynthia enters the scene with the Sinnoh Dex Holders? This could hopefully give some screentime to Manaphy and Phione if they are still with them, although it's a far-fetched idea.

I agree that somehow the BW series will be hinted seeing how every generation forecasts the next. For Leafeon, the only unfeatured Pokemon, chances are it will be seen in one of the post-war scenes, owned by some ordinary trainer.

The only problematic one is Acupressure. I checked the list, and Yellow's Dodrio is capable of using this. There is also the fact that Gold's Pichu seems to be hinted that it will appear, although it is currently not on Gold's team. Could Yellow actually come back in Vol 43?

Well, all the above are just personal thoughts and predictions of mine. Nothing concrete. On an interesting note, as I'm starting to compile the BW materials, I discovered that only 22 BW Pokemon have yet to make an appearance (or cameo). Attacks on the other hand, is a completely different matter.

Coronis~
    Dang. You make better predictions than I do.

Let's see. If Yellow is coming back with Pichu, she would also need her Pikachu and Red's Pikachu to perform Volt Tackle again. If I remember again, I say I saw a picture of her looking for Lance along with Blue. I don't know if that is true or false, but I can't remember where I saw that picture.

Cynthia should come back. Why? During the game, she appears in the Sinjoh Ruins showing the hero about the three legendary Pokemon if you bring Arceus. But not the Sinnoh Trio since they're preoccupied for contests. She should know since Cynthia does know about Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

Former villains trying to catch the fake Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. That idea sounds kinda interesting, so long as they aren't still evil. I wonder what the real creation trio would think about fake versions of themselves running around XD
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Interesting theory Coronis, so it's possible that Yellow appears in the HGSS arc. She is the only Kanto dexowner that didn't had a cameo, not that it matters much. I think the fake creation trio will be destroyed. It'll be quite troublesome if they run around creation havoc and special never has double legendary except for Deoxys, but that one came from space.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    Interesting theory Coronis, so it's possible that Yellow appears in the HGSS arc. She is the only Kanto dexowner that didn't had a cameo, not that it matters much. I think the fake creation trio will be destroyed. It'll be quite troublesome if they run around creation havoc and special never has double legendary except for Deoxys, but that one came from space.
    If Yellow does appear (god I hope she does, not cuz of her but for Pichu) then perhaps that could tie in with the Spiky-eared Pichu plot? Sorry lolipiece, I just want to see that happen in the manga, no matter how irrelevant it is. After all, spiky DOES have the Zap Plate (okay well not important anymore) and I still think Gold's Pichu could fill in as the Pikachu-colored Pichu. In the manga, it's the only one of its kind so no one would know whether it's shiny or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JB2448 View Post
    Can I just say how much I called 42 not being the final volume? 'Cause I totally did.
    That being said, I didn't expect Pryce. I don't think anyone could.
    ...I think I called Pryce reappearing in the HGSS arc through time-travel with Celebi during the Giovanni event like two years ago on mangafox threads back when the magazine runs of HGSS was still going on. XD
    Last edited by Macromind101; 28th October 2012 at 11:04 PM.

Short comments based on the first two images lolipiece posted: Yay Lance! Meh Giovanni. Gag Pryce.

So, the best villain is teaming up with the worst villain, and the most overrated villain is also along for the ride. Huh.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast