Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Howard is going to leave the Lakers at the end of the season. Owwww~
    I got to say. It was a waste getting Howard.

Last night's Blazers-Heat game was pretty good. I started watching at the beginning of the 4th quarter. When the Heat were up by 11-12, I kinda ignored the game, but then looked at the screen and saw it was a tie game.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    I got to say. It was a waste getting Howard.
    I'll take your word for it. I can't beat to watch Lakers games these days. Pringles is too good for this team.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

New Orleans Pelicans, rolls right off the tongue don't it? I respect the fact that it has meaning for the state, but I'm not digging it. The name sounds like something from Like Mike. And the logo looks like it came from the create-a-team function NBA 2k. That's just my 2 cents.
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

Pelicans for 2014 NBA champions.

The New Orleans Pelicans, man that name sounds quite imtimidating lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    Howard should suck it up and come to OKC. He can be Perk's backup.

Pretty sure he hates small towns in the middle of nowhere though.
    I don't think the Thunder would want to pay for him. not to mention Howard would probably think he was getting lowballed since the Thunder is considered a small-market team. maybe the Hornets, I mean Pelicans, will pay for his ego.

Pelicans are the most intimidating birds in this case of whatever they prey upon.

The Celtics have been quite disappointing this stretch. Dropping 6 straight and blowing a 26 point lead... c'mon man.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    The Celtics have been quite disappointing this stretch. Dropping 6 straight and blowing a 26 point lead... c'mon man.
    At least you're assured a playoff spot since the East is ***.

Bucks, Knicks, Nets, Lakers, Nuggets, Jazz.

SO FIERCE.

No seriously though, I can see why they chose Pelicans, since it's the state bird of Louisiana.

Also, the Seattle Supersonics (I guess) and Charlotte Hornets are most likely coming back next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Bucks, Knicks, Nets, Lakers, Nuggets, Jazz.

SO FIERCE.

No seriously though, I can see why they chose Pelicans, since it's the state bird of Louisiana.

Also, the Seattle Supersonics (I guess) and Charlotte Hornets are most likely coming back next season.
    Charlotte has a basketball team already, The Bobcats. Most likely the Kings is going to Seattle, but the whole changing the name back to Supersonics is going to be a little controversy both new formed Sonics and OKC Thunder.

Good to see my lakers finally win a game to a good team! It just seems impossible for such talent to lose to the Raptors, Cavs and Magic but hopefully that has changed! Howard just has to accept he isn't going to get infinity post ups ( I dunno why he is complaining anyways, he takes 0.9 less shots than his career average), Pau accept bench is a good option at the moment and stayed focus on that and Bryant has to continue to realise he can pass the ball when there is less than two dudes in your fce during a fadeaway. But I doubt it!

In other news Rondo out for the season with a torn ACL! Big blow for the celtics (despite the win against Miami tonight). Time for a big blow up?
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    In other news Rondo out for the season with a torn ACL! Big blow for the celtics (despite the win against Miami tonight). Time for a big blow up?
    They won't do anything anyway. I'd prefer them floundering some more this season.

They were looking bad this year but I remember the same thing happening last year and come playoff time they were back to the normal Celtics. Rondo, KG and Pierce in a half court game is dangerous but now it won't happen. Surely they have to go after a centre, Pek or Gortat are too up coming free agents who would would good with Rondo and KG (next season).
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I really dislike Rondo as a person, but as a basketball player I think he's top 3 PG. But, I hate to hear any athlete, let alone one in his prime, go down with a ACL injury. I hope he makes a speedy recovery and comes back better then before.
    Pokemon Black FC - 0476 1815 2250

I have an Arcanine and a Latias fully EV trained. Make me an offer.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Multiple Roundz

Chris Bosh thinks he's a Hall of Famer. And that was four years ago.

I saw that on Mike and Mike. Not sure what to think about that one.
    Pokemon Black FC - 0476 1815 2250

I have an Arcanine and a Latias fully EV trained. Make me an offer.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Multiple Roundz

Not yet. Maybe in two titles we can we talk about it.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Wow, with that Rondo injury and the Philadelphia 76ers struggling right now, my Pistons could very well sneak into the playoffs. That's a shocker.
    Heck, if not for that unfortunate eight-game losing streak they had at the start of the season, they'd be much, much closer, if not in the eighth seed right now.

Probably won't happen, and even if it does, they'll probably get swept out in the first round by Miami, but hey. If it does, it shows they're progressing. Now that the Tigers are officially the only good team in Detroit, it's good to see someone else doing decently.

And no, Chris Bosh is not a HOFer.

Ok I'm pissed. Not that we traded Gay, but because we got an aging, brittle Prince and WHO THE **** IS ED DAVIS?

Where is the scoring going to come from?
    Last edited by ebevan91; 31st January 2013 at 12:52 AM.

Wow, JoeD traded? That's... quite shocking. I like the trade, though. So glad to finally get rid of Prince. He's good veteran leadership, though, so I don't think the Grizzlies entirely lost out.

The Raptors got the short end of the stick, though. What the heck were they thinking?
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 31st January 2013 at 3:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Ok I'm pissed. Not that we traded Gay, but because we got an aging, brittle Prince and WHO THE **** IS ED DAVIS?

Where is the scoring going to come from?
    I hope you're not serius on who Ed Davis is. He is a nice up and coming power forward who's strength is defense. His offense game is quite limiting but playing a back up role behind Zbo is fine. He basically (along with Jose and Amir Johnson) got the raptors to start winning again when bargani went down. As for Prince. WHAT! Okay Gay can score and can do it well, but Prince is almost like the perfect replacement and fit for this Grizzlies. Not only do they get under the tax line but they get veteran leadership and championship experience, along with someone that can handle, pass rebound and defend like Gay can except he can nail the 3 as well. Gay can create more off the dribble but when you have to great low post players and a ball handler in Conley why would you need someone like Gay to demand the ball as well. Great trade all round I think! Maybe Pistons could of got more maybe a draft pick but Jose for Prince is a fair swap I guess.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Rudy Gay is trapped in Toronto now? Damn. He's in the Atlantic now.

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    I hope you're not serius on who Ed Davis is. He is a nice up and coming power forward who's strength is defense. His offense game is quite limiting but playing a back up role behind Zbo is fine. He basically (along with Jose and Amir Johnson) got the raptors to start winning again when bargani went down. As for Prince. WHAT! Okay Gay can score and can do it well, but Prince is almost like the perfect replacement and fit for this Grizzlies. Not only do they get under the tax line but they get veteran leadership and championship experience, along with someone that can handle, pass rebound and defend like Gay can except he can nail the 3 as well. Gay can create more off the dribble but when you have to great low post players and a ball handler in Conley why would you need someone like Gay to demand the ball as well. Great trade all round I think! Maybe Pistons could of got more maybe a draft pick but Jose for Prince is a fair swap I guess.
    Memphis also got Austin Daye too. Seems like he can be a decent contributor if he steps up. It's a shame Grizzlies lost Ellington to the Cavs though. He was a surprise this year, awesome performance against Miami earlier this season.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast