Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

That Ellington/Speights trade was pointless.

The Rudy deal was a "money deal" and so was that trade.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Trade rumors of Kevin Garnett going to the Clippers? Not sure how I'd feel about that. I've loved KG in his time with the Celtics but eventually we are going to need to get younger guys in there, just not sure when the time to do that is.

GodDamnZilla

With Rondo out for the season it's not likely they're going to make the playoffs anyway so it would only make sense to trade Garnett now that he still at least a bit of trade value.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    With Rondo out for the season it's not likely they're going to make the playoffs anyway so it would only make sense to trade Garnett now that he still at least a bit of trade value.
    Not necessarily. Imagine the leadership and experience he could provide for the younger guys when they rebuild. He would be amazing to have in the lockeroom and develop young big men and even some guards with his intensity and defense. Although it would suck for Garnett because he did come back to compete and I think he wouldn't of come back if he knew they would be the 8th seed this year. They have plenty of other pieces to trade aka Terry, Lee, Colins, Green, Bass (maybe even Pierce but I hope they don't!) so partying ways with Garnett might not have top happen. I do think though the Celts will reach the playoffs because it's just how the game goes. Rondo is a massive loss but when your season is already down one of these types of events is just the thing you need to jumpstart the season. The ball is gonna move around a lot more without Rondo, guys are going to play harder because they know they have to and with every win their confidence is just gonna grow and grow. I don't care what team you are, meeting a healthy, confident and determined Garnett, Pierce and Terry are not the guys you want to face in the playoffs especially with x factors like Bradley and Green to step up.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

go knicks!!!
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Can't be fazed. #7 spot for the C's on a 6 game win streak.

Kobe back to his old ways of not passing the ball. 0 assists Kobe? atta' boy.

GodDamnZilla

Well, I'll be damned. Hopefully Celtics are going to prove me wrong.

Anyone excited for Allstar Weekend? Should be fun, I hope the Dunk Contest is! Let's go Bledsoe!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Anyone excited for Allstar Weekend? Should be fun, I hope the Dunk Contest is! Let's go Bledsoe!
    I'm pumped that Usain Bolt's playing in the Celebrity All Star Game.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    I'm pumped that Usain Bolt's playing in the Celebrity All Star Game.
    Really?! That's awesome! I expect some nice transition dunks, blocks and crashing boards. I didn't check who'd be playing this year, I thought it would just be the usual suspects with one or two newcomers.

Dunk Contest looks to be better than last year. Gerald Green and Terrence Ross should put on a good show.

Dunk Contest looks to be better than last year. Gerald Green and Terrence Ross should put on a good show.
    Yeah, I'm liking Ross in the contest, heck him, Gay and DeRozan alone would be fun to watch. I'm rooting for Eric Bledsoe to win but I feel that Kennith Faried "The Manimal" might pull of the win.

Yeah, I'm liking Ross in the contest, heck him, Gay and DeRozan alone would be fun to watch. I'm rooting for Eric Bledsoe to win but I feel that Kennith Faried "The Manimal" might pull of the win.
    Hopefully the Slam Dunk Contest isn't a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    Hopefully the Slam Dunk Contest isn't a gimmick.
    I stopped watching when Blake Griffin won for dunking over a car. So overrated and gimmicky. No props should be allowed. Not even teammates as props.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I stopped watching when Blake Griffin won for dunking over a car. So overrated and gimmicky. No props should be allowed. Not even teammates as props.
    The dunk contests get harder each year, everything has been done already. Probably a 720 would clinch it or something amazing I haven't thought off yet which looks sick and hard to do.

Down goes Lakers against the Champs. Goes to show you they're not working as a team or can't really play decent basketball. D Anotoni's system isn't working for this team. Gotta blame Jim Buss for that lol. For the Clippers, I just saw parts of the 4th quarter, I'm pretty impress the progress there making. Take notes Lakers, you're not going to the playoffs.

Down goes Lakers against the Champs. Goes to show you they're not working as a team or can't really play decent basketball. D Anotoni's system isn't working for this team. Gotta blame Jim Buss for that lol. For the Clippers, I just saw parts of the 4th quarter, I'm pretty impress the progress there making. Take notes Lakers, you're not going to the playoffs.
    It sounds like you expected the lakers to beat the heat away from home where Miami are 22-3. Doesn't really show much because Heat are on there game at home and even the Thunder would have trouble beating the Heat so it's not just because the Lakers aren't living up to there expectations for the reason this happened. If you take out the fourth quarter we played really well, controlled the ball, making Miami take tougher shots and playing defense (just not of Lebron). Also Dwight is about 70% heatlthy, Kobe is Kobe and playing with injuries all the time. Steve Nash was out for 30 games, Pau gasol out for 6 weeks plus already missed 9 games, steve blake has been out since decemeber, Jordan Hill is injured. It just hasn't been a good year for the Lakers but I would still expect them to make the playoffs especially since I can see Portland dropping off and Houston getting tired as well ( Harden and Lin playing 36 minutes on a fast tempo team in there first full season). Don't count the Lakers out becuase they lost to the defending champs at home.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

My heart broke today during the Knick-Clip game.... At least Melo kicked a** XD
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Triple overtime is the greatest invention of all time. Only thing that could've topped that game was a buzzer beater to win it. What I love about American leagues is the concept that there is always a winner and a loser. No drawn games. In NZ (where I live), a game like rugby can end in a draw which kind of leaves an empty feeling. Like the whole thing was pointless

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    It sounds like you expected the lakers to beat the heat away from home where Miami are 22-3. Doesn't really show much because Heat are on there game at home and even the Thunder would have trouble beating the Heat so it's not just because the Lakers aren't living up to there expectations for the reason this happened. If you take out the fourth quarter we played really well, controlled the ball, making Miami take tougher shots and playing defense (just not of Lebron). Also Dwight is about 70% heatlthy, Kobe is Kobe and playing with injuries all the time. Steve Nash was out for 30 games, Pau gasol out for 6 weeks plus already missed 9 games, steve blake has been out since decemeber, Jordan Hill is injured. It just hasn't been a good year for the Lakers but I would still expect them to make the playoffs especially since I can see Portland dropping off and Houston getting tired as well ( Harden and Lin playing 36 minutes on a fast tempo team in there first full season). Don't count the Lakers out becuase they lost to the defending champs at home.
    The way the Lakers playing, I'm counting them out even if they're all healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarooza View Post
    Triple overtime is the greatest invention of all time. Only thing that could've topped that game was a buzzer beater to win it. What I love about American leagues is the concept that there is always a winner and a loser. No drawn games. In NZ (where I live), a game like rugby can end in a draw which kind of leaves an empty feeling. Like the whole thing was pointless
    Try having your countries grand final being a draw and then replaying it the next week aka St Kilda vs Collingwood 2010 grand final (great game but would to of loved to seen a winner considering a number of things happened that day)

The way the Lakers playing, I'm counting them out even if they're all healthy.
    Fair opinion but they have been playing well lately, especially since their win over OKC a few weeks back. If you get Dwight to 100% I can see them being a team OKC and Clippers won't want to meet in the playoffs. Can you honestly see Portland who is lead by a rookie point guard or Houston who give up more points than anyone in the league? The thing that gives the Lakers a slight edge is that they have the second easiest schedule for remainder of the season and can only improve. It's not like the Lakers get worse, where can they possibly get worse. If they learn to hold onto the ball 3 or 4 times more than what they are now it not only gives up more scoring oppotunities but it also cancels out more transition points and just points in general. Like I said before you get Dwight 100% and happy you have the Orlando Magic of 2009 with Kobe, Nash, Pau and a better bench (although not hard or by much). I'm not saying they are gonna win the championship because frankly Thunder have that reserved but what I am saying is that you better prepare for Lakers to make a series against a top seeded team if nothing gets as bad as it is now.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I love Gerald Greens dunks from his first contest. The no shoes walking up a staircase, and blowing out the candle. Im also enjoying how the raptors keep getting a someone in every two years. Jamario moon, Demar Derosen and now Ross. Maybe he will actually win it.

People care about the All-star break?

Clippers drop 46 in the first quarter against the Rockets... and end up with 106. C'mon man, I was hoping to at least have them break 150 haha

GodDamnZilla

With this talk about the dunk contest, I figured I'd ask- does anyone else think dunks are overrated? Watching ESPN, I see a lot of times were the 'top play' is a dunk, but I've always found 3-pointers and blocks more impressive.
    The dunk contests get harder each year, everything has been done already. Probably a 720 would clinch it or something amazing I haven't thought off yet which looks sick and hard to do.
    I'm always hoping for a front flip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarooza View Post
    What I love about American leagues is the concept that there is always a winner and a loser. No drawn games. In NZ (where I live), a game like rugby can end in a draw which kind of leaves an empty feeling. Like the whole thing was pointless
    Love that too. That's part of the reason I never really got into hockey or soccer.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast