Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    You know it was a quiet trade deadline when J.J. Redick was the biggest name to be traded. Oh and Tony Parker really took CP3 to school last night.
    I've been saying for the past few years that Parker is arguably a top 3/5 PG.

He's top 2 right now with Rose and Rondo injured.

Deron Williams really fell off this season, but I think that's because his teammates around him are better.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Well when you play on the Spurs everything you do gets overlooked like crazy. I wonder how many people even remember that Duncan has 4 championships?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Well when you play on the Spurs everything you do gets overlooked like crazy. I wonder how many people even remember that Duncan has 4 championships?
    He's nearly as decorated as Kobe, including all star games and whatnot.

I'd really enjoy seeing Duncan get a 5th ring before retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I've been saying for the past few years that Parker is arguably a top 3/5 PG.

He's top 2 right now with Rose and Rondo injured.

Deron Williams really fell off this season, but I think that's because his teammates around him are better.
    He's playing with bones growing awkwardly inside his ankle, and he has a bummed wrist.

Anyone else here think that Wilt Chamberlain gets SO much less attention than he deserves? We get it. Michael Jordan was great. Lebron James is a freak. Magic is versatile. Russell was a winner. What about Wilt the Stilt and his 70+ longstanding records?

Click here if you want to join ^
    Going through life with depression is like trying to run for a touchdown on two broken legs.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    He's nearly as decorated as Kobe, including all star games and whatnot.

I'd really enjoy seeing Duncan get a 5th ring before retiring.
    I like how most teams including fans overlook Spurs alot. Saying the Spurs are old and what not but just look on where they are now. They don't have to be flashy with the ball in order to win the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post

Anyone else here think that Wilt Chamberlain gets SO much less attention than he deserves? We get it. Michael Jordan was great. Lebron James is a freak. Magic is versatile. Russell was a winner. What about Wilt the Stilt and his 70+ longstanding records?
    Wilt will always have an asterix beside his name unfortunately because he played in a time when was actually the only BIG men. And because of this he was flat out dominant. I agree with you that he needs recognition. The dude averaged 50 points FOR AN ENTIRE SEASON (pretty sure he played all 82 games as well, or something similar). Another guy that gets sadly overlooked is Oscar Robertson. Arguably the greatest all round player of all time, he averaged a triple-double for a whole season once.

Am I the only one who absolutely hates the new GSW sleeved shirts? They stick out like a sore thumb in my opinion.

Am I the only one who absolutely hates the new GSW sleeved shirts? They stick out like a sore thumb in my opinion.
    I'm not a fan of them either. I just don't see the point of having short sleeve jerseys. It looks so out of place amongst regular jerseys but it might grow on me if the other teams follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I'm not a fan of them either. I just don't see the point of having short sleeve jerseys. It looks so out of place amongst regular jerseys but it might grow on me if the other teams follow suit.
    I hope the other team's don't fall to this unnatural, and weird jersey design. I for one will never like them. I don't think those jersey's will even make it to this years playoffs. Golden state will be back to normal starting next season.

Short sleeves are awesome.

The short sleeves look horrible and I really hope it doesn't become a thing. I don't even want to imagine the rest of the league in one. Anyways bloody Kobe going off hey! I've been waiting for him to do this since Magic Bryant started (although him passing was refreshing). Last two games he has gone fo 40 and 38 while shooting 15-23 and 13-21. More importantly we have won the last 3 and are right back in the playoff picture leaving us 3 games behind both the Rockets and Jazz. Even better that our remaining 24 games the only hard games we have are @Denver tomorrow, @OKC on the 6th/3, @ Indianna on the 16/3, @ Goldenstate 23/3 and @ Clippers 8/4. We do have Gstate and Spurs on the 13th and 15th of April but Spurs will probably rest Parker, Duncan and co then. I can really see us getting there and hopefuly it's against the Spurs because they are the only guys we can run with.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarooza View Post
    Wilt will always have an asterix beside his name unfortunately because he played in a time when was actually the only BIG men. And because of this he was flat out dominant. I agree with you that he needs recognition. The dude averaged 50 points FOR AN ENTIRE SEASON (pretty sure he played all 82 games as well, or something similar). Another guy that gets sadly overlooked is Oscar Robertson. Arguably the greatest all round player of all time, he averaged a triple-double for a whole season once.
    Hell yes. Oscar Robertson is severely underrated. Not even close to the recognition that even Wilt gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Short sleeves are awesome.
    This, I thought they were pretty dope.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

supposedly the Thunder is bringing back Derek Fisher for the remander of the season. not really sure what to make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cancer0081 View Post
    supposedly the Thunder is bringing back Derek Fisher for the remander of the season. not really sure what to make of it.
    I think Fisher should just retire, not saying he can't play anymore, but there really isn't any team in the NBA that really needs a PG of his age anymore. He hardly ever was one of the premium PG's in the league anyway.

I think Fisher should just retire, not saying he can't play anymore, but there really isn't any team in the NBA that really needs a PG of his age anymore. He hardly ever was one of the premium PG's in the league anyway.
    He good for the locker room and his experience, espeically championship experience, is solid and can only be beneficial. Also Maynor went to Portland so a PG spot is there for him alongside Reggie Jackson and Russell Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    The short sleeves look horrible and I really hope it doesn't become a thing. I don't even want to imagine the rest of the league in one. Anyways bloody Kobe going off hey! I've been waiting for him to do this since Magic Bryant started (although him passing was refreshing). Last two games he has gone fo 40 and 38 while shooting 15-23 and 13-21. More importantly we have won the last 3 and are right back in the playoff picture leaving us 3 games behind both the Rockets and Jazz. Even better that our remaining 24 games the only hard games we have are @Denver tomorrow, @OKC on the 6th/3, @ Indianna on the 16/3, @ Goldenstate 23/3 and @ Clippers 8/4. We do have Gstate and Spurs on the 13th and 15th of April but Spurs will probably rest Parker, Duncan and co then. I can really see us getting there and hopefuly it's against the Spurs because they are the only guys we can run with.
    Ah, thats amusing. Lakers fans explaining how they can make the playoffs. Just one issue though, for a team that has won 17 championships, why is making a run to the 8th seed such an exciting prospect?? Anything less than a championship is a failure, nothing more

Ah, thats amusing. Lakers fans explaining how they can make the playoffs. Just one issue though, for a team that has won 17 championships, why is making a run to the 8th seed such an exciting prospect?? Anything less than a championship is a failure, nothing more
    The Laker fans are very delusional and I have to deal with it since I live in Los Angeles. They might have a chance but I don't see it happening.
    Last edited by KrayzieBuddha; 26th February 2013 at 8:14 AM.

Its a done deal for the Lakers. There only hope is the 8 spot in the west and we all know tough the western conference really is. I can see the Lakers making some type of run, but probably not enough to make it. If they do, there is no way in hell the Lakers will make it pass against the San Antonio Spurs.

My standings in the west
    Spurs
    Thunders
    Clippers
    Grizzlies
    Nuggets
    Warriors
    Rockets/Jazz
    Jazz/Rockets/Trail Blazers

Although I'm a Laker fan it ain't those delusional La la fan.

Stephen Curry holy ****.

Its too bad the Knicks spoiled Curry's night.

54 points, 11-13 from three, those are some impressive numbers. And he played the WHOLE game. Curry's ankles seem to be alright by the looks of things. Too bad they couldn't win.

Oh it will be a failure but if we make the playoffs we have a chance. That's all the Lakers need. If you think Dwight, Kobe, Pau, Nash are going to be easy in the playoffs you might want to think again. I'm not saying we can beat the top four seeds now but there is still another 2 mopnths of the regular season. A lot can happen and Kobe is a beast in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    The Laker fans are very delusional and I have to deal with it since I live in Los Angeles. They might have a chance but I don't see it happening.
    I laugh at the ones that say like why don't we trade Pau for Love thinking it's a good deal for both sides. Or Rondo for Pau etc etc.

54 points, 11-13 from three, those are some impressive numbers. And he played the WHOLE game. Curry's ankles seem to be alright by the looks of things. Too bad they couldn't win.
    Curry is a machine. Have rooted for the guy since Davidson. The kid can score, no doubt about that,
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

The Lakers are better off not making the playoffs. Unless of course, you want to see them get trashed by the Spurs or the Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    The Lakers are better off not making the playoffs. Unless of course, you want to see them get trashed by the Spurs or the Thunder.
    Thunder I am worried about. Clippers as well but they are more managable than OKC. I think we match up well with the Spurs tbh. Parker is mainly a driver. With Howard back there is probably the best counter to that. They are a drive and dish team all together and while we are a bad defensive team in the paint, when Pau comes back it's not going to be easy scoring over two seven footers. Offensively we match up probably better. Their real advantage is TP (what an advantage I may add). Danny Green is solid defensively but he wont stop Kobe. Howard and Pau will wear down Duncan and will make easy work of Thago. Metta will go rough with Lenard but there is no real advantage over eachother there. Rotaitions go down to 8 in the playoffs so I think Blake, Jamison and Meeks aren't that bad of a bench. I'm not saying it;'s a definite win either but I like the matchup with Spurs than anyone else in the playoffs atm. Clippers could knock off Thunder, maybe even Memphis or Nuggets could also.
    Black:
    White: