Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

Miami Heat harlem shake. Guess when your on a 12 game win streak and at the top of the conference it doesn't really matter what goes down in the locker room :P

GodDamnZilla

What a game vs. Miami, slightly disappointed we lost but holding Lebron to just 4 points through 3 quarters almost negates the loss.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Ouch, Tony Parker is apparently going to be sidelined for 4 weeks. That's a major blow for the Spurs. Now they really need to keep Duncan and Ginobili healthy.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Ouch, Tony Parker is apparently going to be sidelined for 4 weeks. That's a major blow for the Spurs. Now they really need to keep Duncan and Ginobili healthy.
    Injury done by no other than my SACRAMENTO Kings! Who ain't goin to Seattle!

My 3DS Friend Code is 4656-7001-6257
        Spoiler:- Ghost Friend Safari:

Spoiler:- Hall of Fame:

Damn the Knicks had a double digit lead in the second half and blew it.

my SACRAMENTO Kings!
    Sorry

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

J.R Smith played for both the Heat and Knicks tonight.

And Raymond Felton tried to take the game over at the end again

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Damn the Knicks had a double digit lead in the second half and blew it.

Sorry
    I agree with this post but I will amend this by saying that it was nice to see the Knicks lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I agree with this post but I will amend this by saying that it was nice to see the Knicks lose.
    lol you sure despise the Knicks don't you?

last night the Lakers proved one thing, boy are they old. I think Kobe shouldn't of tried to guarantee a spot in the playoffs cause they don't really seem good for it. maybe they should just take a year to rest and get some younger players. they ended up losing their series of regular season matches against the Thunder 3-1. they also allowed the Thunder to score a record (in the Thunder's case) of 71 points in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Cancer0081 View Post
    last night the Lakers proved one thing, boy are they old. I think Kobe shouldn't of tried to guarantee a spot in the playoffs cause they don't really seem good for it. maybe they should just take a year to rest and get some younger players. they ended up losing their series of regular season matches against the Thunder 3-1. they also allowed the Thunder to score a record (in the Thunder's case) of 71 points in the first half.
    And another thing, they lack transitional defense.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    And another thing, they lack transitional defense.
    Yeah that's what kills us and that's were Thunder are unstoppable at. But how about those Lakers today? Down by as many as 23 in the third, 18 at the start off the fourth and we outscore the Hornets 33-9 in the last quarter to become 6 point winners. Showed how much the Lakers have come since the start of the season, if that were to of happened in January or December we would of lost, but the boys seem to realise now that they have to go and try. Kobe with 42, 7 and 12 and shot 66% from the field while Dwight helped with 20, 15 and 4 blocks and a very crucial one near the end of regulation. I can really see Utah dropping out. As long as we don't have Thunder first round there is still hope for maybe a WCF!
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    Yeah that's what kills us and that's were Thunder are unstoppable at. But how about those Lakers today? Down by as many as 23 in the third, 18 at the start off the fourth and we outscore the Hornets 33-9 in the last quarter to become 6 point winners. Showed how much the Lakers have come since the start of the season, if that were to of happened in January or December we would of lost, but the boys seem to realise now that they have to go and try. Kobe with 42, 7 and 12 and shot 66% from the field while Dwight helped with 20, 15 and 4 blocks and a very crucial one near the end of regulation. I can really see Utah dropping out. As long as we don't have Thunder first round there is still hope for maybe a WCF!
    Lakers to the Western Conference Final? I don't see it happening at all.

Laker fans are off the mark if they think, by some miricle that the Lakers even make it to the playoffs, that they will see a second round let alone the Finals. seriously, when a once great team is struggling to even get above .500 then the team has a problem. and at this point it seems highly unlikely if they can recover from that. they should see the playoffs as a goal for next year while rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    Why the hell were they down by as many as 23 in the first place??? I echo the sentiments that no way do they make WCF. If they struggle to put the Hornets away...

Laker fans are off the mark if they think, by some miricle that the Lakers even make it to the playoffs, that they will see a second round let alone the Finals. seriously, when a once great team is struggling to even get above .500 then the team has a problem. and at this point it seems highly unlikely if they can recover from that. they should see the playoffs as a goal for next year while rebuilding.
    How is that a far stretch? We are one and a half games out of the playoffs to Utah and we also have the second easiest schedule in the whole NBA (by statistics) post all star break. How can you start over with Nash contracted for another 2 years after this, Pau Gasol earning 19 million next season and Kobe is earning 30 mill. We have no cap space to rebuild, and there is no way in hell we are going to let Dwight walk so we can't exactly rebuild. Why not focus everything on the playoffs while you can because anything can happen. Look at Boston last year, not even in the 8 come all star game and then they made it to a game seven in the ECF and probably should have won game six.

You have to remember we haven't had our team healthy the whole year with Gasol and Nash missing a lot of games and Dwight being about 70% the whole year. Then you add on Steve Blake and Jordan Hill who were 2 of our top 3 bench players missing for a lot of games as well (hill for the whole season). That's no excuse to be as bad as we have been but Steve can only get better and so can Dwight. They both still have a lot of match fitness to build up and we still have a lot of time to gel. Also if you think anybody will want to face Dwight and Kobe in the playoffs you are wrong. Unless you are the Thunder ofcourse.

Look at the Spurs, if they stay number one then we might have a shot. TP is out for a month meaning his fitness isn't going to be all that good come playoffs, we also match up very well with the Spurs, even better if TP isn't 100%. Clippers, Denver and Thunder have to take out one another first atleast as well and could get injuries during that time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarooza View Post
    Why the hell were they down by as many as 23 in the first place??? I echo the sentiments that no way do they make WCF. If they struggle to put the Hornets away...
    Why did Miami have to use a last minute lay up by Lebron to beat the Magic at home? How could Pacers allow a 14 point lead in the third evaporate to a loss at home against the Celtics today? Dude it just happens, it's what the game does. You come in to a game thinking you will win and most of the time you lose. I know it's no excuse to be down by 23 to the Hornets, but on a second day of a back to back especially after the duel we had last night with OKC, these old guys are gonna take a while to get going. We struggle to put any team away but there is so many negatives that it can only turn into positives. We are bad at defense, more time together and more time for Dwight to get healthy helps that slightly. Pau has still to come back which helps our bench even more, we get lost on offense a lot. All these things that are bad now have a chance to improve a lot which will help us. It's not like we are offensively and defensively as good as Clippers or Thunder at the moment and still losing. We are sitting half n half and playing like ****, things can only improve.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I like the direction in which the Lakers are headed, that comeback last night was great. The only thing that worries me is that this team really isn't built to withstand injuries. Their bench is very poor to be honest. If Bryant, Nash or Howard gets injured in the coming weeks that could very well be the end for their season.

I like the direction in which the Lakers are headed, that comeback last night was great. The only thing that worries me is that this team really isn't built to withstand injuries. Their bench is very poor to be honest. If Bryant, Nash or Howard gets injured in the coming weeks that could very well be the end for their season.
    They haven't had a win against quality opposition lately too.

Their offense is okay but their defense is simply too porous for them to make noise in the playoffs, IF they get there.

A 100 million dollar roster not in control of its playoff destiny, let along home court advantage, is nothing but a major disappointment.
    My Black 2 Team
    3DS Friend Code: 1349-5549-7031

Lakers were a favourite for the title when they got Nash and Howard but it hasn't gone to plan and njuries to key players didn't help their cause either. But when you got guys like Morris, Sacre and the below-par Jamison on your roster, what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    lol you sure despise the Knicks don't you?
    Cross-town rival contract 101.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Magic Thunderbolt~ View Post
    They haven't had a win against quality opposition lately too.

Their offense is okay but their defense is simply too porous for them to make noise in the playoffs, IF they get there.

A 100 million dollar roster not in control of its playoff destiny, let along home court advantage, is nothing but a major disappointment.
    That can account to the opponents we have played. The only ones I can remember worth mentioning are Denver and Thunder, and no chance anyone is beating them at home so I wasn't expecting the Lakers to lose. We have Pacers and Bulls in a next 4 games though so we will get a rough idea on were we are at.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I just have to do it because there has been no moment in this season were I can finally talk good about my Lakers, but what were you saying? 4 days ago you said Laker fans are crazy to think we will even make the playoffs, yet we are in 8th spot at the moment and 2 games behind Rockets and 3.5 behind Warriors I believe. Lakers not making the playoffs do I still hear?
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Brandon Knight must be feeling pretty bad today.

That poor, poor man.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 1378 - 6584 - 6284

Dream World Females:
    Starters:
    Legends:

I think the whole Pistons team feels bad about it.
    Black:
    White: