Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 731

Thread: NBA Thread

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Kobe should just take it easy until the playoffs start, there's no need to rush your recovery and risk an even more serious injury.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    You do know Kobe played last night, right?

    Anyway, damn the Nuggets are tough. Didn't think we'd win that game last night. Oh well.
    Nuggets are ballers. I cannot believe they have only lost 3 games at home. If they get home court in the playoffs they could cause some damage as long as it doesn't go into a half court game.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    Nuggets are ballers. I cannot believe they have only lost 3 games at home. If they get home court in the playoffs they could cause some damage as long as it doesn't go into a half court game.
    Faried and Iguodala are one of the most dynamic duos in the league right. Those two can create some real havoc in transition. Add McGee's blocking and rebounding and you have a team that is to be reckoned with in the playoffs.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Faried and Iguodala are one of the most dynamic duos in the league right. Those two can create some real havoc in transition. Add McGee's blocking and rebounding and you have a team that is to be reckoned with in the playoffs.
    Exactly, Iggy and Faried are monsters in transition and even more dangerous when you have one of the fastest points in Lawson out there. When Gallo is on fire he is hard to stop, Brewer and Chandler provide some good defense and some good offense off the bench, having three seven footers isn't a bad thing either as well as one of my favourite and one of the most udnerrated players of all time in Andre Miller. I love the defense on this team as well, Iggy IMO is second best defender for guards/small forwards in the league, McGee athleticism alone makes him dangerous, Brewer and Chandler off the bench are better defenders than most. A lot of good things for this Nuggets, including George Karl.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  5. #280
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    276

    Default

    All I have to say is GO SPURS GO
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    HomeTown Buffet
    Posts
    854

    Default

    24th straight wins for the Heats. Quite an accomplishment but I'm not suprised.

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    24th straight wins for the Heats. Quite an accomplishment but I'm not suprised.
    They look to be even better than last year. I can't see anyone stopping them this year.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    24th straight wins for the Heats. Quite an accomplishment but I'm not suprised.
    Didn't think they would ever win 24 in a row but this is how I imagined them to play. Can't see even the Thunder beating them this year anymore. Add it to Lebrons legacy and another step to GOAT!
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    If this continues, it's just going to mean an unwatchable Eastern playoffs (though it is already going to be bad) and Finals. No one outside of Heat fans should be happy about this.

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    HomeTown Buffet
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    If this continues, it's just going to mean an unwatchable Eastern playoffs (though it is already going to be bad) and Finals. No one outside of Heat fans should be happy about this.
    Yeah I can see that happening. That's why the playoff for the Eastern Conference is a bit boring and people kinda know whos going to the next round.

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    If this continues, it's just going to mean an unwatchable Eastern playoffs (though it is already going to be bad) and Finals. No one outside of Heat fans should be happy about this.
    I use to hate Lebron and the heat but I respect him so much now and nobody can say he isn't the best in the league at the moment. I don't think anyone is happy about it I just think it'sgood to watch Lebron finally do what he is capable of and it's just beautiful to watch, like Jordan.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    HomeTown Buffet
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    I use to hate Lebron and the heat but I respect him so much now and nobody can say he isn't the best in the league at the moment. I don't think anyone is happy about it I just think it'sgood to watch Lebron finally do what he is capable of and it's just beautiful to watch, like Jordan.
    I rather watch Jordan play instead. Like the Finals against the Utah Jazz

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    Nuggets are ballers. I cannot believe they have only lost 3 games at home. If they get home court in the playoffs they could cause some damage as long as it doesn't go into a half court game.
    the only reason they're in playoff talks is because their home court advantage is inherently unfair

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    I rather watch Jordan play instead. Like the Finals against the Utah Jazz
    Oh mate I don't doubt that. What great series they were, I will always love the Sonics series the most though!

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    the only reason they're in playoff talks is because their home court advantage is inherently unfair
    Can't doubt the unfair home advantage but lately they have played so much better than what they were doing at the start of the year. They beat the OKC team away from home so they arne't entirely that bad. If they get homecourt they are making it the the second round no doubt.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    896

    Default

    I am not a Heat fan, and im not a fan of Lebron but I respect what he has done this season. The Heat are just on a complete roll. I'm starting to wonder if they won't even lose a game until Playoff time. Overall, if they repeat again I won't be surprised. I'm a Bulls fan, and I can't wait for Derrick Rose to make his return. I know when comes back he won't be the same right off the bat, but hopefully after a while he transforms this Bulls team back to the team they were in 2011. I would love to see them even do better than the 2011 team.....
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 23rd March 2013 at 6:46 AM.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    I think it's pretty safe to say that the Heat's streak will be 26 after tonight's game. Charlotte PROVE ME WRONG!!!

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    HomeTown Buffet
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Well, the Miami Heat's run is over by the Chicago Bulls. Kind of expecting the opposite.

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    896

    Default

    As a Bulls fan this makes me VERY happy! Even without Derek Rose they still pull it out. I really hope Derek Rose comes back at full health. I wanna see the Bulls back in the Eastern Conference Finals next year at full health. 2011 was there last great year. I hope next years team if there healthy can play better than the 2011 team.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    2nd longest in NBA history ain't bad.

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    2nd longest in NBA history ain't bad.
    Yep, not bad at all. Honestly I think the Heat couldn't care less that their streak is over, LeBron and Co. are much more interested in that second straight championship than breaking a winning streak record.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    As a Bulls fan this makes me VERY happy! Even without Derek Rose they still pull it out. I really hope Derek Rose comes back at full health. I wanna see the Bulls back in the Eastern Conference Finals next year at full health. 2011 was there last great year. I hope next years team if there healthy can play better than the 2011 team.
    You failed to mention no Joakim Noah either.

    Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    HomeTown Buffet
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Yep, not bad at all. Honestly I think the Heat couldn't care less that their streak is over, LeBron and Co. are much more interested in that second straight championship than breaking a winning streak record.
    I don't know about you but I think they care about the streak. This article talks about the game got really "physical" according to Lebron.

    LeBron upset by what he thinks are flagrant fouls

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    New York papers gushing over how the Knicks have the longest win-streak now. It's so sad.

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    I don't know about you but I think they care about the streak. This article talks about the game got really "physical" according to Lebron.

    LeBron upset by what he thinks are flagrant fouls
    Oh, boohoo lebron. Everyone gets roughed up occasionally without a call. Boozer cleanly defended him, so he should have nothing to say, considering he gets plenty of calls most others wouldn't.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    You failed to mention no Joakim Noah either.
    Yes, that is true I did

    Two of there best players out and they still win.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •