Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

Well the Nets had a pretty good offensive game against the Bulls today, and won with a nice lead.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

That Nuggets - Warriors game was good, what a great game winner for Andre Miller.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

The Bulls got beat down by the Nets in game 1. I'm a Bulls fan, and I have pretty much come to grips that the Bulls won't make it out of the first round. Without Derek Rose this team isn't complete. When Derek is playing it's a whole different team, just look at the 2011 season they had.

As for the Lakers their toast. Without Kobe Bryant I don't like their chances against the loaded Spurs.

Even with Kobe the Lakers would still have a tough time with the Spurs.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Thunder - Rockets game was a blow out. The Rockets really just cannot play at the same pace as the Thunder and it showed, 120-91, it was not even close. Can't remember who, but somebody on this morning on Sportscenter predicted series sweeps for OKC and Miami, and right now I could see it.

GodDamnZilla

Give Houston the benefit of the doubt since a lot of their players played in their very first playoff game yesterday. Or so I've heard I can't be bothered to check each individual player.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Give Houston the benefit of the doubt since a lot of their players played in their very first playoff game yesterday. Or so I've heard I can't be bothered to check each individual player.
    If that's the case it's gonna hurt Houston even more. An inexperienced squad has very little chance of putting up a fight against OKC.

Chicago evened up the series last night and beat Brooklyn 90-82. I have to say I was pretty surprised with the game Chicago put together. I have to hand it to Kirk Hinrich! He absolutely shut down Deron Williams! D-Will was 1-9 shooting with only 8 points.

The Clippers also beat Memphis 93-91

1693 1038 1902

I was really hoping Memphis would steal a game at LA because then they'd basically have HCA through the remaining 5 games.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Bucks sticking around, only down 4 halfway throught the 3rd. Celtics playing decently, Jason Terry is actually doig something this game. Hopefully the 2nd half doesn't play out like game 1...

GodDamnZilla

A very dull playoffs so far. The only series looking good are the Bulls/Nets and Warriors/Nuggets. Possibly the Clippers/Grizzlies if they Grizzles can get their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    If that's the case it's gonna hurt Houston even more. An inexperienced squad has very little chance of putting up a fight against OKC.
    True. =3=

Westbrook's out for an unknown period of time now due to an injury sustained to his knee in game 2. that hurts the Thunder's chances a bit. I bet it also gets Patrick Beverly a heavy chorus of boos when they come back to the Chesapeake Arena for game 5. it's likely to be similar to the way the fans treated Ron "Metta World Peace" Artest after he elbowed Harden with the exception that Beverly taking out Westbrook's knee was most likely an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Cancer0081 View Post
    Westbrook's out for an unknown period of time now due to an injury sustained to his knee in game 2. that hurts the Thunder's chances a bit. I bet it also gets Patrick Beverly a heavy chorus of boos when they come back to the Chesapeake Arena for game 5. it's likely to be similar to the way the fans treated Ron "Metta World Peace" Artest after he elbowed Harden with the exception that Beverly taking out Westbrook's knee was most likely an accident.
    A bit? Understatement, son. He won't be back till at least early June. They may as well call it a season. Torn Meniscus, he's done. They probably won't make it past the Conference Semis without him.

He and Durant together account for about half of the team's offense....
    You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness...

[IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/34si8ac.jpg[/IMG]

Honestly, the Heat are going too win it all anyways.....The Thunder may still make it too the championship game even without Westbrook and win the Western Conference, BUT they need Westbrook if they wanna beat the Heat in a series (assuming that's the team they would play if they made it too the championship game.) Losing Westbrook is that big of a loss.

I'm not a Heat fan. Not even close. I would love too see them lose and go home in these playoffs but that won't be happening. Honestly, if theres any team in the East that has a shot at beating the Heat in a series it's New York, and maybe Indiana. In all honesty I think the Heat would still beat New York and Indiana in a series.

I haven't really been excited for the playoffs this year.

I know my favorite team Chicago is up 2-1 on Brooklyn, but even if the Bulls end up winning this series I realize they will make a second round exit when they play the Heat. Without Derrick Rose this team has been really different this season. I know the Bulls snapped the Heats winning streak earlier this season without Derrick Rose, but the Bulls don't have what it takes to beat the Heat in a series. Even if they had Derrick Rose it would still be difficult. I would love to see the Bulls beat the Heat in a series of course, but I am also a realist. Chicago still has too get past Brooklyn. Their only up 1 game on Brooklyn, no Chicago fan should be feeling comfortable just yet.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 27th April 2013 at 5:59 AM.

1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Honestly, the Heat are going too win it all anyways.....The Thunder may still make it too the championship game even without Westbrook and win the Western Conference, BUT they need Westbrook if they wanna beat the Heat in a series (assuming that's the team they would play if they made it too the championship game.) Losing Westbrook is that big of a loss.

I'm not a Heat fan. Not even close. I would love too see them lose and go home in these playoffs but that won't be happening. Honestly, if theres any team in the East that has a shot at beating the Heat in a series it's New York, and maybe Indiana. In all honesty I think the Heat would still beat New York and Indiana in a series.

I haven't really been excited for the playoffs this year.

I know my favorite team Chicago is up 2-1 on Brooklyn, but even if the Bulls end up winning this series I realize they will make a second round exit when they play the Heat. Without Derrick Rose this team has been really different this season. I know the Bulls snapped the Heats winning streak earlier this season without Derrick Rose, but the Bulls don't have what it takes to beat the Heat in a series. Even if they had Derrick Rose it would still be difficult. I would love to see the Bulls beat the Heat in a series of course, but I am also a realist. Chicago still has too get past Brooklyn. Their only up 1 game on Brooklyn, no Chicago fan should be feeling comfortable just yet.
    The Heat are definitely poised to win the Championship; however, they lack size and Wade is injury prone. If they manage their size properly and Wade stays healthy, they should definitely take home that trophy again.

The Thunder will definitely need Westbrook to get to the Finals. They're almost certain to lose in the Conference finals without him. I doubt they will even get past the Clippers without him.......

I'm a Rockets fan, btw. We'll still lose to the Thunder. I'm thinking 5-6 games.
    You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness...

I was being optimistic when I said "a bit". depending on if the tear needs to be repaired or not he could be running the court again inside of two weeks, which is predicted for most minor tears. if it does need to be repaired then he's out till next season pretty much. nobody knows nothing until the doctors take a good look at what's there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cancer0081 View Post
    I was being optimistic when I said "a bit". depending on if the tear needs to be repaired or not he could be running the court again inside of two weeks, which is predicted for most minor tears. if it does need to be repaired then he's out till next season pretty much. nobody knows nothing until the doctors take a good look at what's there though.
    He's officially out for the remainder of the Post-season. It was stated a few days ago that it needed surgery to be repaired anyway.........

Damn this is a good game between the Bulls and the Nets, Nate Robinson is on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Damn this is a good game between the Bulls and the Nets, Nate Robinson is on fire!
    It's very nice. The East would've been pretty competitive if not for the Heat.

Yes! 2-2

Just need to steal one in LA now.

Also, LOL LAKERS!
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Well I'm a Knicks fan,and those Celtics got no chance of going any further.
    I'm just worried about whats going to happen to JR "Swish".
    I really don't know what he was thinking but it's okay,hopefully we can at least get to the Finals.
    We do have Carmelo and Chandler,so we'll be fine.

As in the other teams,Lakers are leaving,and Chicago doesnt have a chance.Neither does the Rockets
    Signature edited due to breaking the signature rules, read them before editing your sig.

Woah I watched the Nets/Bulls game today, and I must say, that loss was devastating. The Nets lost because they weren't driving in and getting layups like the Bulls were in overtime; almost every one of their shots was from a distance from the net.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Woah I watched the Nets/Bulls game today, and I must say, that loss was devastating. The Nets lost because they weren't driving in and getting layups like the Bulls were in overtime; almost every one of their shots was from a distance from the net.
    I was throwing stuff when I kept seeing them settle for long distance shots instead of driving. At least the games have been good.

As a Bulls fan I was on edge watching the Bulls/Nets game lastnight. I hope Nate Robinson sticks around with the Bulls. He provides instant offense, he is a exciting player to watch. Great win last night Chicago!

The Celtics just beat the Knicks 97-90. The Celtics were facing elimination, they needed to win today. Jason Terry came up big in the end.

1693 1038 1902

Screw Jason Terry,that scrub.
    We're eliminating them next game.
    Signature edited due to breaking the signature rules, read them before editing your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    a bunch of scrubs is not going to become a veteran team worthy of hanging with a western elite after a playoff game or two.

honestly with all the west's stars missing and the east such a pushover even with all their stars healthy i feel like these playoffs are pointless. miami 2013 champs
    Last edited by Prelude; 29th April 2013 at 2:20 AM.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast