Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

Yeah. James Harden is either really, really good or the Pistons are really, really bad. Probably a combination of the two.

Oh well. Next up starts the horrible road schedule the Pistons have to go through, starting with the Phoenix Suns.

EDIT: Also, I have a question. Could we extend this to talk about NCAAB, too, since that regular season is starting up soon?

EDIT: Also, I have a question. Could we extend this to talk about NCAAB, too, since that regular season is starting up soon?
    I see no reason why not, maybe a mod can alter the title as well, as no will know unless they see this post.

Indiana #1, what do you think?

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollFreak View Post
    I see no reason why not, maybe a mod can alter the title as well, as no will know unless they see this post.

Alright, cool. I'm a U-M fan, myself. Hopefully the Big Ten does better at basketball than football lol.

I'm a little inexperienced with college basketball, but out of curiosity, why not Kentucky at #1? They seemed like the sure choice for #1.

I think that Kentucky is going to mash them in due time, as long as Calipari can develop his talent, guess it's nice to know they're "back", though, so the old rivalry can resume.

Indiana is going to be really good this year, but let's see if they can keep it up 100%. That said, I'm excited for the MTSU basketball season.Got my season tickets purchased and everything. 27 wins in the regular season last year...entered conference tournament where we completely fell flat on our faces, losing to a horrid Arkansas State team....I'd never been so mad before in my life...it was ridiculous. We made up for it with a sweet, sweet win over Tennessee in the NIT. All in all, great year. We return almost everybody this season, with the exception of LaRon Dendy. One of our vets coming back is in like the Top 30 3 Point Shooters (pre-season articles), and man does he practice like that, and man he played liken that last year. The conference has shifted to Home and Home with ALL conference foes this year, which sucks because it gives ULM two chances to murder our RPI....Out of conference is strong though...Belmont, UAB (at home), Florida (Neutral Site), Vandy (Neutral Site), Ole Miss (Home.). Going to be a good year, team has a lot to play for.

#BrooklynNets2013Champions
    No. tenchars
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    No. tenchars
    That's right. It's reserved for the Kings this year.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Stupid Yahoo Sports. Are they no depth to which they won't sink.

Stupid Yahoo Sports. Are they no depth to which they won't sink.
    You can't take Yahoo sports seriously. They're nothing more than a bunch of d--- riders.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    ... the Lakers losing.
    I'm not too surprised by that. The Heat looked like gods after they first got together, and it took them some time to get going. I wouldn't be surprised if they win the west in the end, though.
    I was confused by that at first, but then I remembered they beat Kentucky and some other good teams least year. I'm thinking I remember hearing they beat a team ranked 1, 2 and 3 at some point least year, but I might be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I'm a little inexperienced with college basketball, but out of curiosity, why not Kentucky at #1? They seemed like the sure choice for #1.
    Anthony Davis was a '1 and done' player, and I believe they lost some other players to the NBA as well.
    lol, is that a real headline?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I was confused by that at first, but then I remembered they beat Kentucky and some other good teams least year. I'm thinking I remember hearing they beat a team ranked 1, 2 and 3 at some point least year, but I might be wrong.

Anthony Davis was a '1 and done' player, and I believe they lost some other players to the NBA as well.
    This, and the fact that, unlike Kentucky, which had to rebuild its entire team from scratch, Indiana has alot of returning players from last year, so thats why they're #1
    Kentucky might end up having it before the NCAA tourney, but you know, they always work for that #1 spot anyways

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    lol, is that a real headline?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    You can't take Yahoo sports seriously. They're nothing more than a bunch of d--- riders.

This, and the fact that, unlike Kentucky, which had to rebuild its entire team from scratch, Indiana has alot of returning players from last year, so thats why they're #1
    Kentucky might end up having it before the NCAA tourney, but you know, they always work for that #1 spot anyways
    Okay, thanks for explaining. it. Didn't know that.

I'm just getting into college basketball, so I'm slowly learning lol.

You can't take any media seriously, as far as I'm concerned.

45 points for James Harden tonight.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

And this is why I see Houston making the playoffs. Harden is going to have a breakout year. Prob not score 30 a night, but at least 20+ average for the season

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    45 points for James Harden tonight.
    That makes me feel a little better. It's not just us getting dominated lol.

And yeah, the Rockets probably will make the playoffs this year.

The Rockets better hope they aren't one of the .500 teams. That'd be bad for that team.

I think they will end up in he 7-8-9-10 spot in the west. Though I understand the Thunder have their picks anyway??

Blow out the Heat, Then the Sixers

I wonder if Gramps the Knicks have anything left in them to make it a full season.

EDIT-

There goes Yahoo Sports, screwing up again
    Last edited by TrollFreak; 6th November 2012 at 2:26 AM.

The Nets are 1-1. They might face the Kings in the Finals this year at this rate.

Oh yeah, The Lakers (1-4) got beaten down like a mofo. The bench player's and Mike Brown are really something.
    Last edited by KrayzieBuddha; 8th November 2012 at 8:42 AM.

I love how people said (when Harden was traded) that the Thunder gift wrapped the conference to the Lakers.

Look at both teams. They aren't doing well at all, but it is still every early in the season so who knows, both teams may turn it around.

Anyway, it's good to see my Grizzlies starting off 3-1. Their best start ever, kinda bittersweet really, because 3-1 is pretty common for some teams and the Grizzlies are just now getting there.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Whereas my Pistons are looking like the worst team in the NBA. xD Which is fine, because they can draft first in the lottery and take Zeller or something. I figured the 2013-2014 season is when they can really start improving, because they can get rid of some veteran contracts.

lmao at the Lakers firing the coach after five games.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    lol I know right? This bound to happen to begin with.
    Last edited by KrayzieBuddha; 10th November 2012 at 1:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    Saw it coming.

In other news, college basketball starts tonight. I'm a U-M fan, but MSU's opening game really intrigues me. They get to do a lot of cool stuff, like the Carrier Classic last year. This year, they're playing UConn at the Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany in front of members of the U.S. Air Force there. I'm sure you guys heard of that already, though.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast