Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

I got my first Antique shop and I'm only at Rank 27. I didn't make any Pokémon eggs before I could get to have Nursery...
    ...and Game Sync ran out of energy...
    Last edited by Lorenzo The Comic; 4th December 2012 at 5:44 AM.

I just had a visitor which gave me like 800+ points! She practically went to like every shop in my Join Avenue, which is now mostly run by people over GTS negotiations.

All my shops are still run by in-game NPCs or people key over the GTS... I don't have the guts to replace them.

I've found that I can usually max out a shop in a week's time just by using the daily visitors and Dream World visitors, which makes keeping the discount active relatively easy.

In any case, I only have 10 levels until my avenue is maxed out, and I can collect my extremely underwhelming reward of a Comet Shard.

When you switch a shop out for a different one is the new shop the same level as the old one? I'm thinking of changing mine a bit because I only have one male shop keeper (who runs the barber shop) and most of my few visitors want to "make their pokemon beautiful" or visit a male shop keeper. I'm thinking I should switch some of my female shopkeepers for males because my salon is lvl 4 while the rest of my shops are lvl 1 or 2 XD.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

If you replace an existing shop with one run by a different character, it'll be level 1.

If you ask a shopkeeper to change to a different shop (Either as a result of inviting a fan who can run a Nursery post E4 or a player who decided to change their preferred shop after you invited them), then it'll retain its level.

Hey man i added your friend code to help you with the Join Avenue. If you want to add my friend code its 2323 4629 5325. thanks man

I am Currently looking for people to help me with the Join Avenue and possible trading and battling. my friend code is 2323 4629 5325. Thanks Guys i would be happy to return th favor

Quote Originally Posted by NZRulz View Post
    I am Currently looking for people to help me with the Join Avenue and possible trading and battling. my friend code is 2323 4629 5325. Thanks Guys i would be happy to return th favor
    Just hop on the Magnemite chain and use the DW world.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I finally managed to get to Rank 15 today but the Nurserys are so far not coming. Then again I just got to it so I'm not complaining.
    Oh that's the trigger. I thought you just had to beat the E4. That happened a month or more ago, and didn't get nurseries until a few days ago (after hitting lvl 15). Although, I had no problems finding one- the first guest I talked to wanted to make one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Got something from Brazil, though, which is always nice, since it's one of my favourite countries. So now I'm at Rank 21, with one of each shop. I'm also contemplating changing the name of my Join Avenue, though I'm not sure yet.
    Brazil's a pretty good country for finding possible trades (which is why I'm annoyed that I'm still missing 1 trade location from there). And I've found Pansear/Pansage/Panpour coiling to be effective, when I tried it. There were a lot of people with monkeys wanting a different one.

I called my avenue Aurora Way, because I'd changed the ceiling to be black/purple/white like stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    At the Museum today I got, amongst other things, a Helix Fossil, a Moon Stone, an Everstone and a Float Stone. I think that's the best pick of items I've gotten from the Museum, ever.
    I get some decent stuff sometimes- I'm pretty sure I got a big nugget once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Do you guys have one of every shop, or more than one type? Currently I have all 8 different types in my shop, but I'm finding a some shops (raffle and antique store in particular) to be somewhat useless and I want to replace them. Only problem is some visitors only want to visit those shops, so I'm a bit iffy to just boot them from my avenue.
    I've got one of each, except I've got a 2nd Dojo instead of a Barber. I need to decide what I want to have permanently and get them switched out. And perhaps you could just continually start new shops where your Raffle/Antique shops are to pile up your 'shops started' stat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I've found that I can usually max out a shop in a week's time just by using the daily visitors and Dream World visitors, which makes keeping the discount active relatively easy.
    Keep it active? I thought the discount was permanent. What do you have to do to keep it active?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

There's a constantly active discount that goes up to 40% at avenue rank 40.

There's also an additional 50% discount that becomes active for a week once all of the stores in the avenue hit rank 10, which stacks multiplicatively with the aforementioned discount.

I'm keeping 4 "guest" Berry Growers since I don't have a place to slap them unto yet. I'm going to recruit one of them when all my stalls reach level 10, but I can't decide which one to let go.

Man, I wish they added more space in that thing.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    I'm keeping 4 "guest" Berry Growers since I don't have a place to slap them unto yet. I'm going to recruit one of them when all my stalls reach level 10, but I can't decide which one to let go.

Man, I wish they added more space in that thing.
    My plan is to just cycle through them until I clean out their stat up berries. You'll never really need more than a dozen of any given berry on hand so once one maxes out I'll probably have more than enough type berries and stat up berries that I can just replace it with the next guy

Right now I think my end goal is:
    3 Nurseries
    2 Cafes
    2 Dojos
    1 Salon

Should make raising teams for the medals a lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    My plan is to just cycle through them until I clean out their stat up berries. You'll never really need more than a dozen of any given berry on hand so once one maxes out I'll probably have more than enough type berries and stat up berries that I can just replace it with the next guy

Right now I think my end goal is:
    3 Nurseries
    2 Cafes
    2 Dojos
    1 Salon

Should make raising teams for the medals a lot easier
    Yeah that's my plan too haha. But I want to get the Level 10 Shops discount first and then try to level the new shop for the discount again.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I've found that the higher a player's record for something is, the more likely you are to get a large amount of points when you recommend someone to their shop when they ask about that particular record.

I've gotten more 800 point gains from recommending people to my shopkeeper who's hatched almost 800 Pokemon eggs then any other, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I get some decent stuff sometimes- I'm pretty sure I got a big nugget once.
    I got a few big nuggets and big pearls, and several regular nuggets and pearls. Then I go to the maniac in Icirrus City and make my money back. I just need to learn to go see him after every museum visit, because trying to sell nearly a hundred hard stones is a very lengthy process.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Selling the Hard Stones to the man just is not worth the time for me

500 a stone adds up, sure, but I'm not going to hammer the A button to sell all 50 of the damn things for more money that I'll take an eon to work through. I have 975,920 pokedollars and I still need to go into the Abyssal Ruins.

I only ever bother selling things that are worth maybe 5K or more to that guy.

Mostly because I figure it's faster to just find some rich trainers in the Black Tower to battle otherwise.

I noticed on Serebii's list of Join Ave items there's something called Training lvl 20 for the Dojo. However, the highest training level I see in the Dojo listing is Training lvl 4. Does lvl 20 really exist?

Also, looking at the shops item lists as a whole, I'm a little conflicted. It seems like most things are more convenience then necessity, so the choice of what to stick with isn't as easy as I though it would be.
    There's a constantly active discount that goes up to 40% at avenue rank 40.

There's also an additional 50% discount that becomes active for a week once all of the stores in the avenue hit rank 10, which stacks multiplicatively with the aforementioned discount.
    Wow, that's a pretty sick discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    I got a few big nuggets and big pearls, and several regular nuggets and pearls. Then I go to the maniac in Icirrus City and make my money back. I just need to learn to go see him after every museum visit, because trying to sell nearly a hundred hard stones is a very lengthy process.
    I don't visit him so much. My DS is getting old, and I'm worried my A button could stop working, so I don't go through the extra button presses it would take to sell to him (I realize that may sound weird). I'm just kind of collecting treasures right now.
    Mostly because I figure it's faster to just find some rich trainers in the Black Tower to battle otherwise.
    I haven't been into the tower yet, but I've leveled up my Entree enough I can use the Price Money Power ^^^ at the stadiums with the amulet coin and get 35000P + for each athlete battle.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Is there any difference between a shop run by a fan and one run by a player?

For shops with exclusive stuff based on the version of the shop owner's game, how does it work if a fan was running it?
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

500 a stone adds up, sure, but I'm not going to hammer the A button to sell all 50 of the damn things for more money that I'll take an eon to work through. I have 975,920 pokedollars and I still need to go into the Abyssal Ruins.
    is that all? i have at least over 400
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    is that all? i have at least over 400
    Well I would have over 400 if I hadn't sold them off. When I have more than 20, I just go to the Mart to sell them. They only give 50 a piece, but at least they can buy them all at once.

I just love finding big nuggets though, the maniac buys them for $30,000. I'm at about $1.2 million, just by selling items I don't need.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

This might be a stupid question because I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere online, but all my shops just reached level 10 and I got the discount that'll last for a week. Is it okay for me to replace one or more of the shops right away or will that cause the discount to end? Do I have to wait 7 days? I have a bunch of people running around in my avenue that I'd like to be able to use for something.

I really enjoy join avenue, I already up to rank 30 and I have every shop and all the shops are rank 10, ive gottn only 2 gym leaders pass through so far draydan and elsa,also I think this was just a great addition to the games cause I can hatch my eggs faster, ev train a lot faster, buy some rare items that cant be bought in stores. im glad they brought back that lottery game I really enjoy it andhope I win data master ball somday

pokemon X fc: 5026-4433-8974(its my 3ds fc since pokemon x and y uses your 3ds friend code)
    pokemon white 2 fc:3440-0915-9483
    pokemon white fc:0604-5690-0073
    i have 4th gen games as well but my wifi doesn't support that gen sorry

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLayer View Post
    This might be a stupid question because I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere online, but all my shops just reached level 10 and I got the discount that'll last for a week. Is it okay for me to replace one or more of the shops right away or will that cause the discount to end? Do I have to wait 7 days? I have a bunch of people running around in my avenue that I'd like to be able to use for something.
    The discount will last seven days regardless of what you do.

Should you replace a shop and max it out before it ends, it'll simply refresh the discount's duration to seven days.

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast