Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Only GTS trades seem to work for that purpose.

Trading with people using friend codes doesn't work.
    I did a bit of research and apparently this isn't the case. It should work with ANY form of communication.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I did a bit of research and apparently this isn't the case. It should work with ANY form of communication.
    Well, I know for a fact that people from GTS, random battles, passerby trainers through C-gear, and Dream World appear instantly in Join Avenue afterwards, so I don't know of anything that could be preventing friend trades from doing so.

And wow, I just had someone, Meowth City through Dream World, to be exact, ask to see someone who had 50 battles or more. So, I sent her to the Salon I have, opened by someone with 700 battles. After being successfully recommended to every other shop on my Join Avenue, the total amount of popularity points added was a whopping 2200! That brings a question: what is the theoretical maximum amount of popularity points a single visitor can give, assuming any of you know of one?
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

The maximum amount of points that can be obtained from a non-gym leader visitor is 800, which can then be increased up to 175% after being recommended to other shops seven times, for an ending gain of 2200 points. In total, the avenue's shops would gain 12000 points.

As far as money goes, simply battling all of the athletes in the Nimbasa sports domes gives me nearly enough to cover the expenses for fully EV training a Pokemon, and the remainder is covered by the money I gain from battling the trainers in the White Treehollow while I'm training said Pokemon.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 16th January 2013 at 3:08 AM.

Currently I'm trying to populate my Avenue only with people who answered the questions. I think that it will take some time :/.
    Black 2 FC: 0433-7206-4189

Made by me.

I've found that it's actually kind of detrimental to have tons of players who've answered the questions once you've maxed out your avenue's rank, as they make it more difficult to get visitors who want to go to whatever store you're trying to boost.

Granted, it is nice when you can get a high point visitor recommended to a shop you're trying to level, but it tends to be a rare occurence at best, as only shopkeepers who are "full of motivation" will recommend customers to other stores with any decent degree of frequency.

I do not want it to be easy. Boosting your shops normally is fast, given how much I hang in DW and GTS. And I still have a long way to max my Avenue level, so yeah.
    Black 2 FC: 0433-7206-4189

Made by me.

Now I have Rank 11 on my JA. I changed the name to "Pokepolis". I opened another Dojo replacing the Beauty Salon. Also today Roxie visited me here too.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

Is there a way to know from which game a person comes from before inviting them?

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    And wow, I just had someone, Meowth City through Dream World, to be exact, ask to see someone who had 50 battles or more. So, I sent her to the Salon I have, opened by someone with 700 battles. After being successfully recommended to every other shop on my Join Avenue, the total amount of popularity points added was a whopping 2200! That brings a question: what is the theoretical maximum amount of popularity points a single visitor can give, assuming any of you know of one?
    Whoa, that's awesome! Glad to be of service, haha XD

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Dracia View Post
    Is there a way to know from which game a person comes from before inviting them?
    The only way you can tell is if the person in question has been registered as a dream pal, in which case you can see it by checking them on your Global Link profile.

Join Avenue was very kind to me today. I got two souvenirs, almost all my shops leveled up, and my join avenue leveled up.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I don't have my DS hooked to the internet, I haven't since I got in January of 2011. Because of this I've been avoiding Join Avenue seeing 'what was the point with no internet?'. Then this morning I discovered mentions of fans when surfing the web and a thought came to me. CAN you use the cool Join Avenue shops without internet at all? This is VERY important seeing if so then I'm totally going to give it a try for the first time ever since I got White 2 this past Christmas. But if not then it'll be unused forever.

Hope someone can help me out. I really want to know if Join Avenue can be used without internet. Hopefully I get an answer quickly.
    Last edited by Pokemon Whisperer; 18th January 2013 at 5:46 PM.

So I just beat W2 and am gonna train for the wi-fi tournament next weekend but after that I wan to start getting more involved with my join avenue and was owndering what the easiest and fastest way to get it going? If naybody can help just pm me and let me know.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

Can anyone answer my quistion? I need to know this before I get to Join Avenue during my current run through of White 2 so I don't set things up for no reason. My quistion is above.

You don't need to restate a question if it's on the same page...

But in any case, you can utilize the full extent of the Join Avenue's services without WiFi. It'll just take a LOT longer to raise the ranks of the shops.

You can still get visitors to your avenue as you become more "popular" in the game. They say they are your fans and offer to set up shops. You can be more "popular" by beating the League and acting in the movies. But you get less points than the "visitors" through Wifi.
    Pokemon Black FC: 0046 5510 3591

Pokemon White 2 FC: 0390 6807 1811

Pokemon (Black) I need:
        Spoiler:- Johto:

So far, I've had 5 different gym leaders visit my Join Avenue; Burgh, Skyla, Roxie, Marlon and Drayden (3 days in a row ).

I was really happy with my Antqiue shop today. I managed to get the last fossil I needed (Old Amber) and also got a Sacred Ash.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

I didnt get any ingame fans at my join avenue today. All I got was the people from the Dream world. I hadn't gone to Join Avenue before waking my Pokemon up today. Has this happened to anyone else. I was able to buy items as normal.

Neither of my W2 or B2 shops or avenues ranked up today, but I did get a Cover Fossil from both my Antique Shops. I only needed it in Black2, tho; the rest of the fossils I got were from either the guy in Twist Mountain, or the free Cover/Plume you get from Lenora when you first visit the Nacrene Museum. I still haven't gotten any Sacred Ashes, or any Master Balls from my Raffle Shops, but I try every day.

With all the Dream World people I got I managed to get my Dojo up two ranks, so now it's rank 6. My second antique shop managed to get up to rank 7 as well. With all the Dream World people I got I even had my Avenue reach rank 30, which then the Owner gave me a Rare Candy. After I finally got all the people recommended/recruit/invite I finally went to my two Antique shops and got a fair amount of items to sell to the ore maniac. I got another berry juice from my raffle shop but I'm still trying for the Master ball. With all the items I bought and received from my Join Avenue I managed to reach $1,500,000 pokecash.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I have shops of every type. Most are at Rank 7 so far. My overall rank is 18.

Elesa, Clay, and Roxie have each visited my Join Avenue once. Anyone else get Gym Leaders as visitors?

I've had Elesa visited. I'm at Rank 21.

Can you in any way change what type of shop you would open if your character visited another Join Avenue?
    Last edited by chanlord; 21st January 2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Black
    Name: Tom
    FC: 1205 8649 1647

White 2
    Name: Casey
    FC: 5458 8215 7006

Always looking for more Dream World friends

I have three or four shops, and I'm a rank 2. I need more visitors... :P

I have a market, a fitness place, and a few others I can't remember...
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by chanlord View Post
    I've had Elesa visited. I'm at Rank 21.

Can you in any way change what type of shop you would open if your character visited another Join Avenue?
    Pretty sure you can choose what shop you open by talking to one of your assistances in the first building inside Join Avenue. (I believe the one who is sat south of the desk on the right)

My Join Avenue (Boulevard) is now level 31, with 5 Rank 10 shops. I just demolished my Antique shop for another Cafe, and my Raffle shop for another florist. So now I can get all stat decreasing berries and when the cafe is done I'll be able to fully EV train and level a pokemon to 100 every 3 days. O: - Though it'll cost so much I think I'll only be able to do it twice. XDD

Quote Originally Posted by Jinglefruit View Post
    Pretty sure you can choose what shop you open by talking to one of your assistances in the first building inside Join Avenue. (I believe the one who is sat south of the desk on the right)

My Join Avenue (Boulevard) is now level 31, with 5 Rank 10 shops. I just demolished my Antique shop for another Cafe, and my Raffle shop for another florist. So now I can get all stat decreasing berries and when the cafe is done I'll be able to fully EV train and level a pokemon to 100 every 3 days. O: - Though it'll cost so much I think I'll only be able to do it twice. XDD
    Yeah I talked to the Assistant Future and set the shop to Nursery. But when my character visited another game it was a Raffle Shop. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Black
    Name: Tom
    FC: 1205 8649 1647

White 2
    Name: Casey
    FC: 5458 8215 7006

Always looking for more Dream World friends

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast