Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

A Gym Leader finally visited my Join Avenue: it was Skyla. I had heard about Gym Leaders visiting, but I was kind of disappointed that recommending her to a shop didn't really earn as many points as I was expecting. I don't know when I'll have another Gym Leader visit Join Avenue, but I'm not going to worry about it since it hardly seems worth the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    A Gym Leader finally visited my Join Avenue: it was Skyla. I had heard about Gym Leaders visiting, but I was kind of disappointed that recommending her to a shop didn't really earn as many points as I was expecting. I don't know when I'll have another Gym Leader visit Join Avenue, but I'm not going to worry about it since it hardly seems worth the hype.
    ......seriously? -_-

1000 points is a lot, as a comparison, fans generated by the game usually gives only 75 points or even as small as 37 points, depending on the request.

Even people from other game usually gives only 150 points. Also, 1000 points is exactly the amount of point it takes for a level 9 shop to level up into level 10, so Gym Leaders are very useful to level up a level 9 shop quickly.

And when your Avenue already reach a higher Rank (60+) you'll want the Gym Leaders to visit.
    At that point, each Rank for the Avenue takes 2000 points, so good luck trying to rank up your Avenue fast without the Gym Leaders.

Also, if I were you I would have asked in the sig check thread about whether that sig is okay or not.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I'm loving Join Avenue, as it cuts the EV training in half, including the use of EV's in a bottle which help. Also allows me to buy Ethers and PP ups that I need.

I'm at rank 24 btw.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

I had a pretty awesome Join Avenue today. First I want to add in yesterdays run, were I had Roxie come running through my Join Avenue for the second time and helped get my Nursery up to rank 5 To my surprised today I found Roxie running through my Join Avenue again! O.O How lucky is that, it's one thing to get any other gym leader running through but to have the same gym leader the next day in is pretty darn lucky.
    As a little extra this is what she said: "Yo! This is Join Avenue, right? I want to blow off some steam, so I'll tell you exactly where I want to go. A Cafe! A Flower Shop! A Nursery! A Beauty Salon! A Dojo! Know where I can find these shops?", She actually tells me where she wants to go, sure makes it easier on myself and I'll defiantly get the 1k points easy
    With that 1000 points it helped my Nursery reach rank 6, just four more ranks until it's rank 10.

The only other thing that happened was my Join Avenue reached rank 46, however my discount week ended today.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    May I know why is it ironic?
    Because he's all skin and bones and one of the least likely people I'd expect to be working out.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Today had a bit of good and bad.
    Good: FIVE fans went to the nursery to upgrade it.
    Bad: Only one gave more than 45 points.
    Good: It was still enough to get it to Rank 8.
    Bad: The raffle was the worst ever. I got a Berry Juice and a Full Heal.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4986-4323-2443
    I can trade: Adamant Max Attack IV holding a Metal Coat
    In return I want or (I would have but Ruby ran dry at high tide)

I think you guys know it already, but just pointing it out for convenience.

When you have leveled up all the shops in your Join Avenue to the maximum level, you get a 5 days discount. During those five days, the prices of all the services are halved.
    Perfect time to get those EV training/ hatching done.

... Or was it 7 days? I forgot. :P

Has anybody else ever gotten the visitors who say something like, "i want to be told an interesting story!" or something weird like that?

That phrase wasn't on the Join Avenue phrase guide here on Serebii, or anywhere else I've looked...

Other than that, Join Ave is a pretty nice feature! I especially like the nursery, once I found NPC Jimbo who wanted to open one. Took forever!
    White 2 FC: 4299 2167 6840

Spoiler:- needs/haves:

Quote Originally Posted by woogfroo View Post
    Has anybody else ever gotten the visitors who say something like, "i want to be told an interesting story!" or something weird like that?

That phrase wasn't on the Join Avenue phrase guide here on Serebii, or anywhere else I've looked...
    Yeah, I've gotten something like that too. The person said "I want to talk about love." Needless to say I sent him to the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woogfroo View Post

Yeah, I've gotten something like that too. The person said "I want to talk about love." Needless to say I sent him to the wrong place.

As far as I know, for phrases like those, you're supposed to send the person to whoever in your Avenue that comes from another B2/W2 game, has "records", and has answered the question concerning that in their game.

Basically, try sending them to the same shop as the ones for the phrase "I'm wondering about a record. I want to meet a person who is No. 1 in ____"

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

As far as I know, for phrases like those, you're supposed to send the person to whoever in your Avenue that comes from another B2/W2 game, has "records", and has answered the question concerning that in their game.
    I sent the guy to the only person from another BW2 game and it apparently was wrong. So if what you say is the case, that means it would be impossible for me to lead that guy to the right place. That's disappointing.

Hmm, in that case then I'm not sure.

Unfortunately I haven't see any phrase list that's more complete than Serebii's Join Avenue page, and even Serebii's list seems incomplete.

But I'm very sure a phrase will never appear if there's no appropriate shop in your Avenue. So there must be one shop in your Avenue that fits the phrase.

Next time, try saving beforehand, when you find the right shop, tell us

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Hmm, in that case then I'm not sure.

Unfortunately I haven't see any phrase list that's more complete than Serebii's Join Avenue page, and even Serebii's list seems incomplete.

But I'm very sure a phrase will never appear if there's no appropriate shop in your Avenue. So there must be one shop in your Avenue that fits the phrase.

Next time, try saving beforehand, when you find the right shop, tell us
    If someone says that again, I will be sure to do so.

Just in case, you do know what I meant with "saving beforehand", right?

When you find out that it is someone's phrase, just press B, save the game, and talk to the person again. This is what you do if you want to check which shop will accept the phrase.

If you save before entering the Avenue, the phrase will change, if it comes from a visitor generated by the game. Saving before entering the Avenue is used only to SR the phrases mentioned by the visitors generated by the game.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Just in case, you do know what I meant with "saving beforehand", right?

When you find out that it is someone's phrase, just press B, save the game, and talk to the person again. This is what you do if you want to check which shop will accept the phrase.

If you save before entering the Avenue, the phrase will change, if it comes from a visitor generated by the game. Saving before entering the Avenue is used only to SR the phrases mentioned by the visitors generated by the game.
    Yup, I undestood. =)

Actually, it is possible for someone to ask for a shop you don't have. I do not have a single shop with a female attendant, yet I've had at least a dozen people request just that.
    Last edited by Earendil; 12th February 2013 at 2:22 PM.
    Friend Code: 2809 8504 5239

Friend Safari: Minccino, Lillipup and Ditto

Time Zone: GMT -4/ U.S. Eastern

That's weird, back then when I don't have any shopkeeper that has a record, no one uses a phrase that asks for a shopkeeper with records.
    Same thing happens when I don't have a Nursery yet, no one asks to be directed to a Nursery.

Maybe "male/female shopkeeper" phrase is an exception, because people usually have both?

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

I'm trying really hard to add different shops to my Join Avenue, but nobody wants to open a new shop. I just always seem to get people who want to build another market or another dojo. It's really annoying, but I'll keep connecting with others to get more visitors in my Join Avenue and maybe I'll finally be able to open up a Nursery. On the bright side, I finally managed to win a Master Ball at the Raffle shop, but it was a bittersweet victory since I don't even use Master Balls any more; they're just collector's items imo.

So then, I once again ran into that person who says "I want to talk about love, is there anyone I can talk to." I think I figured out that it's one of those that you have to send them to a person that 'matches their feelings' considering there didn't appear to be a pattern and I gained 300 points from it. I suppose I can't tell indefinitely, but that's what it looked like to me.

I actually use it a lot. I had all the shops. One of each. But then I seen the Food shop gave me 13 lvls for my pokemon. So Im working on building up 2 more Food places. I took out the raffle and the Barry place. Im thinking of taking out the Relic Shop and maybe the Nursery.

The people dont really say anything that funny. But the worst thing I get is when a Ranger-M Says "Is there a place where Boys like to be" o.e Im just like "No, No there isnt. Go away" >->

But other then that. My Join avenue is Rank 46. All shops but the 2 new food places are all rank 10. One of the new foods is rank 4 and the second food is rank 1. I just got it this moring. Now all I need to do is get a lot of money .-.

yay I finally got a Sacred Ash

One funny thing about it, is that I got it from the Super Big Box, which is the least expensive Box

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

I've also gotten a Scared Ash from the Small Box, however it's the most expensive box.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Just a question....how can I get the shop that makes your eggs hatch quicker or something? It's the only shop I haven't seen yet.

Best. Glee. Episode. Ever: S2 Blame It on the Alcohol
    "Girl, what you drinking? Gonna let sink in
    Here for the weekend
    Thinking we can
    See what we can be if we press fast forward
    Just one more round and you’re down I know it"

3DS FC: 3110-4067-7812
    PSN: thebestdamnthang

It's the Nursery, and you have to have your Join Avenue at Rank 15 or above.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Woah. That's a long way. I think I'm only Rank 3 or 4.

Best. Glee. Episode. Ever: S2 Blame It on the Alcohol
    "Girl, what you drinking? Gonna let sink in
    Here for the weekend
    Thinking we can
    See what we can be if we press fast forward
    Just one more round and you’re down I know it"

3DS FC: 3110-4067-7812
    PSN: thebestdamnthang

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast