Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1272

Thread: Join Avenue!

Got my first "chain" of recommendations today, visited all 8 shops. I was pretty happy, but I was happier when I saw that it was about to happen again.

And then nope. Didn't visit anywhere else, just said ".. Next time." and left. I was so disappointed.

I just had Marlon visit my Join Avenue. Turns out that Pokemon Rangers are full of energy...
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    It's possible to get an 8-shop chain recommendation from a single visitor, and gives an absolute maximum of 800 points. Shop clerks have a higher chance of recommending visitors to neighboring shops if they tell you they're "full of motivation today" when you ask them how they're doing.
    Interesting fact. What determines whether or not they're "full of motivation"? Because most of mine typically are, but I still only get chains of about 2 or 3.

Serebii should make a section of the join avenue page detailing the mechanics of chain recommendations. What causes them, how they work, the restrictions they face, and so on.
    I second this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shay_ View Post
    Got my first "chain" of recommendations today, visited all 8 shops. I was pretty happy, but I was happier when I saw that it was about to happen again.

And then nope. Didn't visit anywhere else, just said ".. Next time." and left. I was so disappointed.
    There's several ways the chain can be broken. That's one, another way is if the clerk just doesn't recommend another shop (I think that might be where being "full of motivation" comes into play), and sometimes the customer doesn't like the shop that's recommend (says "this isn't quite what I'd expected").

Ok, my avenue is back ^-^ Everyone is coming again. I seen them sometime last night at about 10pm. Then I seen Roxie ^__________________^. Now its rank 60 .-.

Serebii should make a section of the join avenue page detailing the mechanics of chain recommendations. What causes them, how they work, the restrictions they face, and so on.
    Damn right!
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Ive neglected my avenue. Its not that high in rank. Been over 2 weeks since i played...so its around rank 25? I think
    3DS FC: 5086-1034-2659
    PM me if you want to add me.

Current obsession: Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Interesting fact. What determines whether or not they're "full of motivation"? Because most of mine typically are, but I still only get chains of about 2 or 3.
    I think it's the number of extra points the shop racks up, i.e., if a single shop gets a lot of high-scoring visitors, then they are more motivated to spread the wealth to other shops. However, it may just be randomized on a day-to-day basis. There may be other restrictions, too, but perhaps some are more on the visitor's part than on the shop clerk's.

I second this.
    Thanks for your support! Hopefully, if enough people want it, it'll get done.

I think it's the number of extra points the shop racks up, i.e., if a single shop gets a lot of high-scoring visitors, then they are more motivated to spread the wealth to other shops. However, it may just be randomized on a day-to-day basis. There may be other restrictions, too, but perhaps some are more on the visitor's part than on the shop clerk's.
    The visitors usually have more to do with it, I think, because usually for me the chain is broken by the visitor saying "Next time" after visiting 2 or 3 of my shops. I'd very much like to know why.

The chance of a visitor going to another shop is tied to what the shopkeeper says when you ask how they're doing.

A shopkeeper who says they're "full of motivation" is more likely to recommend a visitor to another store then one who just says they're very motivated, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The chance of a visitor going to another shop is tied to what the shopkeeper says when you ask how they're doing.

A shopkeeper who says they're "full of motivation" is more likely to recommend a visitor to another store then one who just says they're very motivated, for instance.
    That seems reasonable.
    I AM ERROR!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post

I don't think that's the only factor here, though, because if it was, they wouldn't have several different ways for the chain to break, just one. I think one part of this might have something to do with the customer, considering they can opt not to visit the next shop or end up hating the one that was recommended. It wouldn't make sense if all of that was solely because of how motivated the shopkeeper is.

I've hit 62 now ^-^

The only thing I hate about all this, is when a person says "Please recommend me to a shop"

So I send him/her to my lowest ranked place and he/she says "This isnt what I had in mind"

Then they leave. Its like what the F***..You said you wanted a shop I would say. I sent you there...WHERE ARE MY 37+ RANK POINTS D:<

Oh, And im still not seeing a point in the Lottery. Its Rank 6 and I havent had anything but Juice <_>

Drayden and Burgh visited my Join Avenue on White 2 again. I was pleased to see that Gym Leaders will continue to visit my Join Avenue even though the shops have all reached level 10; I just wish Marlon and Elesa would visit more often. I still need to level up Join Avenue as a whole though. I'm still guiding people around and recommending some shops to them, but sometimes it feels like more work than it's worth lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Drayden and Burgh visited my Join Avenue on White 2 again. I was pleased to see that Gym Leaders will continue to visit my Join Avenue even though the shops have all reached level 10; I just wish Marlon and Elesa would visit more often. I still need to level up Join Avenue as a whole though. I'm still guiding people around and recommending some shops to them, but sometimes it feels like more work than it's worth lol.
    Oh, it's worth it. Join Avenue is useful for EV Training, Egg Hatching, Happiness Raising, and getting rare Items. And it's not that hard to figure out where people want to go. Basically you just spam the A button. And occasionally the Down button.
    I AM ERROR!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    Oh, it's worth it. Join Avenue is useful for EV Training, Egg Hatching, Happiness Raising, and getting rare Items. And it's not that hard to figure out where people want to go. Basically you just spam the A button. And occasionally the Down button.
    I think what he means is that it's too much of a grindfest.

And I can sort of agree with that, I mean, I'm like, Rank 35 or something, and I've already maxed out all of my shops, so there's little point in actively trying to keep ranking up by then unless you want that free Stardust/Rare Candy/Comet Shard.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I reached rank 10! But then I restarted my pokemon game so im only rank 1

I think what he means is that it's too much of a grindfest.

And I can sort of agree with that, I mean, I'm like, Rank 35 or something, and I've already maxed out all of my shops, so there's little point in actively trying to keep ranking up by then unless you want that free Stardust/Rare Candy/Comet Shard.
    Mmmm... Rare Candies...
    I AM ERROR!

Adding to the list of weird sayings by visitors...

A school kid from Sardinia, Italy: "Don't..." (Hi, my name is Chris Hansen, anyone?)
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Past rank 50, you get Star Pieces for every rank up! I earn 9800 Pokébucks just for ranking up my avenue! Plus, visitors have a chance of giving me Pearl Strings that sell for 25k!

Now for something weird. I got a visitor on my Black2 who asked for a shop where she could talk about love. I'd never seen this question before, so I naturally assumed it was one of those personality questions Serebii forgot to list on the join avenue page, a problem that I've encountered before. So, I directed said visitor to the only shop I have that's run by a BW2 player, my Raffle shop run by my White2 char, and it wasn't what she wanted. ...What am I missing?

Past rank 50, you get Star Pieces for every rank up! I earn 9800 Pokébucks just for ranking up my avenue! Plus, visitors have a chance of giving me Pearl Strings that sell for 25k!
    Okay but still, what if you don't care about getting money that much and you don't want to use the shops that much? It becomes pointless to keep leveling up then.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Now for something weird. I got a visitor on my Black2 who asked for a shop where she could talk about love. I'd never seen this question before, so I naturally assumed it was one of those personality questions Serebii forgot to list on the join avenue page, a problem that I've encountered before. So, I directed said visitor to the only shop I have that's run by a BW2 player, my Raffle shop run by my White2 char, and it wasn't what she wanted. ...What am I missing?
    I'm not sure either, but I got the same question just recently from a fans generated by the game, a female Scientist. And I saved before directing her.

Turns out she accepts my Market, which is being run by another in-game fans, a female Preschooler.....

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Finally got my nursery! Yaay! xd

Jimbo's Place, finally evens out the male/female clerk ratio. I also find it mildly amusing that it's a Roughneck running the caring, loving, nurturing nursery

Black 2 FC:
    2452 4122 3003

Quote Originally Posted by Panic_excl View Post
    Finally got my nursery! Yaay! xd

Jimbo's Place, finally evens out the male/female clerk ratio. I also find it mildly amusing that it's a Roughneck running the caring, loving, nurturing nursery
    I have a Roughneck (Aleron) running one of my florists. Also, I've never seen a Roughneck who wants to run a dojo. How ironic.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Okay but still, what if you don't care about getting money that much and you don't want to use the shops that much? It becomes pointless to keep leveling up then.
    I was more excited for my own avenue than trying to point out the merits of ranking up your avenue. It's your game, do with it what you wish. That's the beauty of Pokémon. Personally, I figure that if I'm gonna run a shopping mall, not only am I gonna buy stuff from the shops I set up, I'm also gonna use those shops to make me some money. I broke 1mil the other day on White2. There are faster ways of making money, sure, but I wanna spend my time at Join Avenue because I think it's more fun than Black City/White Forest.

@Above: I have a Roughneck running my Café on Black2, altho it's my Black1 char instead of a fan. I have a Hiker running my White2 Nursery.
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 10th April 2013 at 3:07 PM.

I have Aleron running my Florist as well, and Hiker Jaylen running my Nursery.

I also have the following characters running my other shops:

Dojo- Janus
    Raffle- Jannis
    Antique- someone named ジェイコブ that I met over the GTS or DW
    Salon- Axel
    Cafe- Alena
    Market- someone named Val that I met over the GTS or DW
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 10th April 2013 at 6:49 PM.

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast