Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

Quote Originally Posted by abdulmuhsee View Post
    Just a couple interesting things I've noticed about Join Avenue:

1. While trading over the GTS, the subsequent person that shows up in your Join Avenue will not retain any personal data save their name, meaning that their phrases will be randomly generated by the game, and usually nonsensical. You also cannot recruit them as secretaries even though the "recruit" option is available.

2. While playing on Random Matchup, however, the subsequent person that shows up on your Join Avenue will retain all personal data, and their phrases will be exact and completely uncensored. I have personally had peoples' avatars scream obscenities at me, along with things like "Boners4U" and "Nutsack!" This seems like an oversight by GF, since in this situation it makes no sense for nicknames to be censored on Random Matchup.
    Ugh. Don't remind me of the person who went into my joint avenue with the saying: "POKEVORE".

I just sent him to my lamest shop (The lv 1 barber)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    That's a hack...

Gym leaders can only be recommended to other shops. Also, Iris and Grimsly never even appear in the avenue in the first place.
    While I know that gym leaders being Join Avenue assistants is too good to be true, is there information whether or not it's a hack? I wouldn't know.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

If i walk past 10ppl in one day will these 10people show up in my Join Avenue on the next day? Because I notice that on the strike of midnight, the day change over i have people walkin about in my avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    If i walk past 10ppl in one day will these 10people show up in my Join Avenue on the next day? Because I notice that on the strike of midnight, the day change over i have people walkin about in my avenue.
    It varies from day to day. Some people do come back, and others are just one time visitors.
    Under Construction

Other players you interact with will appear in the avenue instantly.

Your fans and the gym leaders appear whenever the next day rolls over.

Just a few more hours and I can participate in Join Avenue again (and Game Sync).
    I really need an upgraded DS with automatic detection in DST.
    Currently at Rank 20. My goal now is to get every shop to Rank 10.
    Under Construction

Kinda new to Join Avenue. just started coiling Magnemites and its working well. But I have a question: Does anybody know whether it registers the OT of the Magnemite traded or if it registers the person who traded you the Magnemite? Or, in fact, if it registers both? I've searched Google and it didn't turn up anything. Also, if you guys are looking for another method, you can simply enter a trade with someone on GTS Negotiations and the disconnect from it. I'm sure it probably irritates the person you're trading with, but it gets results. Lol! Just wanted to share that method, because I noticed that Random Matchups aren't available early on.
    My 3DS Friend Code:4313-0163-8358
    My Safari: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

My Friend's 3DS Code:1805-2693-1164
    My Friend's Safari: Munna, Sigilyph, Xatu

PM me if you add either.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamerClouDe View Post
    Kinda new to Join Avenue. just started coiling Magnemites and its working well. But I have a question: Does anybody know whether it registers the OT of the Magnemite traded or if it registers the person who traded you the Magnemite? Or, in fact, if it registers both? I've searched Google and it didn't turn up anything. Also, if you guys are looking for another method, you can simply enter a trade with someone on GTS Negotiations and the disconnect from it. I'm sure it probably irritates the person you're trading with, but it gets results. Lol! Just wanted to share that method, because I noticed that Random Matchups aren't available early on.
    It registers the person you traded with, not the OT.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Can you meet Chili, Cress, Cilan, and Lenora here?

Nope.

Just the eight current gym leaders.

If i pass a person through pass-tag and i pick them up, will they show up in my join avenue straight away?

They should.

Oddly, I've had the same person appear multiple times within the span of about a hour by just remaining near their DS. Not sure what triggers it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    They should.

Oddly, I've had the same person appear multiple times within the span of about a hour by just remaining near their DS. Not sure what triggers it, though.
    It does that with the Union Room too, sometimes. If I leave the two DS's near each other inside the Union Room for half an hour, they'll warp out and warp back in on both games.

Anyone know when I will be able to buy things in Join Avenue again? I set my DS clock back for Daylight Savings Sunday morning and it's been over 24 hours and still nothing.

I'm also at Rank 2 and people have stopped passing by...
    Californian Gamer
    Trainer Name: Heather
    Friend Code: 1247-1004-2423

First D/P Shiny: Modest Female Magby holding Magmarizer (No PokeRadar)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKazooie89 View Post
    Anyone know when I will be able to buy things in Join Avenue again? I set my DS clock back for Daylight Savings Sunday morning and it's been over 24 hours and still nothing.

I'm also at Rank 2 and people have stopped passing by...
    Some people say that you have to wait for two days. I think it's because it takes one day for the Avenue to prepare itself up again, and one day for the date-change punishment, but that may just be me.

From what I understand, it's the full day plus whatever number of hours until 12:00.

If it's still not working after that though, try experimenting in the game to see what happens.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 6th November 2012 at 6:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    From what I understand, it's the full day plus whatever number of hours until 12:00.

If it's still not working after that though, try experimenting in the game to see what happens.
    I adjusted my clock for DST as well, but my Join Avenue was unaffected. But then again, maybe it's because I never really had any visitors on that specific cartridge to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    While I know that gym leaders being Join Avenue assistants is too good to be true, is there information whether or not it's a hack? I wouldn't know.
    yeah lol. it's hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaphotics View Post
    yeah lol. it's hacked.
    Well, at least it's a pretty good hack if I do say so myself. (:

So I'd liek to be able to reset some of my EVs using the makeup from the beauty salon, but the problem is the Pokemon I want to do it on have maxed friendliness so it won't let me use the makeup on them. How can I get the friendliness down quickly?
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Spoiler:- :

Herbs, lots of herbs
    Californian Gamer
    Trainer Name: Heather
    Friend Code: 1247-1004-2423

First D/P Shiny: Modest Female Magby holding Magmarizer (No PokeRadar)

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    So I'd liek to be able to reset some of my EVs using the makeup from the beauty salon, but the problem is the Pokemon I want to do it on have maxed friendliness so it won't let me use the makeup on them. How can I get the friendliness down quickly?
    Energy Roots, EnergyPowder, and Revival Herbs. (:

So the lottery building in Join Avenue (and anyone you can get a random item from), those cannot be soft-reset to change up the item, can they? When is it calculated what item you're going to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    So the lottery building in Join Avenue (and anyone you can get a random item from), those cannot be soft-reset to change up the item, can they? When is it calculated what item you're going to get?
    It's calculated the minute you reach a full 24 hour cycle... or 20 hours. It's one or the other.
    I could be wrong.
    Under Construction

So 20 or 24 hours from when I do the raffle, it resets?
    I saved right before the raffle-guy and before the day changed over to 'tomorrow'. I SR'ed and I keep getting the same item. I've found the same thing happens with the guy on Route 13 that's supposed to give you evolution-inducing items. I keep getting flutes...

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast