Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

I originally built a JA with all NPC, then with all online people (just to make it interesting) now I am trying to make it the most useful JA I can use that offers unique services.

1 Nursery
    2 Salons to decrease any useless EV + Increase happiness
    4 Florists, one for each pinch berry + type reducing berries.+EV berries (more EV reduction plus happiness bonus)

I don't know exactly what I want the other 1 to be. Maybe another nursery or a lottery just for kicks :S.

Most people I find want dojos/cafes but tbh experience in this game is INSANELY easy to get. EV training is also easy with the abundance of money also. I play lots of random wifi so over level 50 is useless to me XD

But my main concern is...I need someone with Black to get the last florist -_- I got an NPC fan from White but I can't get the Aleron NPC and noone seems to be battling with Black (the BW users don't do the coil :S). But if they do, they get random other jobs.

Any advice to getting that final florist? Do we know yet which fans will want to change into florists?

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.I. View Post
    I originally built a JA with all NPC, then with all online people (just to make it interesting) now I am trying to make it the most useful JA I can use that offers unique services.

1 Nursery
    2 Salons to decrease any useless EV + Increase happiness
    4 Florists, one for each pinch berry + type reducing berries.+EV berries (more EV reduction plus happiness bonus)

I don't know exactly what I want the other 1 to be. Maybe another nursery or a lottery just for kicks :S.

Most people I find want dojos/cafes but tbh experience in this game is INSANELY easy to get. EV training is also easy with the abundance of money also. I play lots of random wifi so over level 50 is useless to me XD

But my main concern is...I need someone with Black to get the last florist -_- I got an NPC fan from White but I can't get the Aleron NPC and noone seems to be battling with Black (the BW users don't do the coil :S). But if they do, they get random other jobs.

Any advice to getting that final florist? Do we know yet which fans will want to change into florists?
    Mine is lotto and deli right by my office. In the middle is one mart for ether, pp up, and max revives (all versions should sell them, so on mart's ok with me). Finally in the back I plan on having each version of the florist. But as I'm finding out new things, I'm realzing benefits to some. Good thing I have two games.

Anyway, I have Black version, but for whatever reason he wants to make a dojo not a florist. Aleron is the fan you want. It says he's a roughneck, but it also says Joakim's a ranger and in my game he was a breeder.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    So I'd liek to be able to reset some of my EVs using the makeup from the beauty salon, but the problem is the Pokemon I want to do it on have maxed friendliness so it won't let me use the makeup on them. How can I get the friendliness down quickly?
    Really? That's interesting. When it comes to the ev reducing berries, even if friendship is maxed, you can still use the ev reducing part.

Also, a quick way is trade and trade back if you can do it.
    Last edited by Trainer Frankie; 6th November 2012 at 9:12 PM.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    So 20 or 24 hours from when I do the raffle, it resets?
    I saved right before the raffle-guy and before the day changed over to 'tomorrow'. I SR'ed and I keep getting the same item. I've found the same thing happens with the guy on Route 13 that's supposed to give you evolution-inducing items. I keep getting flutes...
    From what I understand, you have to have the game active for that 24-hour grace period to start. So if you never turned on your game after saving, the game would always be stuck on "yesterday" until you make the game recognize that a day has passed by actually having turned on your game and saving.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Ugh, I lose patience with the Magnemite coil so quickly. I badly want a Nursery, but my JA is currently rank 12. With the coil, after 5-6 consecutive "Sorry, it's been traded already!" I tend to give up. And yes, they are distinct people. I wish the GTS would update more quickly, or does it require the other person to pick up their pokemon before it is taken off the system? If it's the latter, it is a horrible system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikis View Post
    Ugh, I lose patience with the Magnemite coil so quickly. I badly want a Nursery, but my JA is currently rank 12. With the coil, after 5-6 consecutive "Sorry, it's been traded already!" I tend to give up. And yes, they are distinct people. I wish the GTS would update more quickly, or does it require the other person to pick up their pokemon before it is taken off the system? If it's the latter, it is a horrible system.
    Argh, I know what you mean. Normally, I'd say that it was your choice to take advantage of the Magnemite strategy, but as it wasn't really much of an oversight at all, I'd say that you have all rights to be frustrated. ):

Quote Originally Posted by Rikis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Argh, I know what you mean. Normally, I'd say that it was your choice to take advantage of the Magnemite strategy, but as it wasn't really much of an oversight at all, I'd say that you have all rights to be frustrated. ):
    I just deposit my Magnemite and wait for it to be picked up, which usually takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes, depending on the time of day. I went from rank 5 to rank 8 in a 24 hour period this way.

I still haven't seen any gym leaders showing up.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Pokemon Y

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle07241 View Post
    I just deposit my Magnemite and wait for it to be picked up, which usually takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes, depending on the time of day. I went from rank 5 to rank 8 in a 24 hour period this way.
    Argh, but that doesn't guarantee that the Magnemite being traded to you is fresh and untraded, though, which is the sad part. ):

Today I got my Join Avenue (Renamed JoinPalace) to level 20, I have all shops but the antique shop. Highest shop is the Dojo at level 9.
    I had Skyla visit me and all she wanted to do was shopping! So I sent her to the mart, second highest level at 8.
    I haven't notice any weird sayings, mostly because I spam the A button - BUT my phrase is Pizza lol
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 37

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Argh, but that doesn't guarantee that the Magnemite being traded to you is fresh and untraded, though, which is the sad part. ):
    The only untraded Magnemite I've seen since I started is the one I caught myself. Even searching, the offerer is very rarely the OT, and there's not a whole lot left on GTS right now.

I was surprised to see Marlon visit and he even gave me 1000 points! I guess that means I can expect to find gym leaders as well. Right now I'm around lvl 16 w my highest the dojo at 8

Is using the GTS for trades teh easiest way to expand your Join Avenue, I haven't gotten too involved with it yet but want to start expanding it now that I have extra time. Any advice would be appreciated.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Of Keys View Post
    I was surprised to see Marlon visit and he even gave me 1000 points! I guess that means I can expect to find gym leaders as well. Right now I'm around lvl 16 w my highest the dojo at 8
    Yeah, but gym leaders are rare. The odds of encountering one is about 5%.
    It is nice when they show up, though.
    What I think of this place:
        Spoiler:- It's troo:

I've only had white 2 a short while and i'm at level 4. It's pretty cool, but whenever i do the raffle i get stupid berry juice!!! I've got like 10. It's pretty interesting, but i don't really use the shops all to often. i don't really see the point in using any of the shops, but it's still loads of fun.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle07241 View Post
    Even searching, the offerer is very rarely the OT, and there's not a whole lot left on GTS right now.
    yeah, most of the time the Magnemite I want has been traded, though once in a while new ones do appear, ready for trading. Took me 2 hours for 12 Magnemite, though.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    yeah, most of the time the Magnemite I want has been traded, though once in a while new ones do appear, ready for trading. Took me 2 hours for 12 Magnemite, though.
    That's one of the reasons I'm simply offering them up for trade now, I have absolutely no patience lol If I didn't take breaks every few trades, it would take me about 30-45 minutes to get to 12 trades.

Why are Magnemite so popular? I saw they were the top traded in the PGL Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Why are Magnemite so popular? I saw they were the top traded in the PGL Website.
    I've explained this many times, but what it is basically, is a useful method to increase Join Avenue visitors. Something as simple as trading with a stranger online will increase your JA numbers.
    The Pokemon chosen to abuse this method was Magnemite.
    Why? Well, because they're common, and they're not as boring as Patrat or Purrloin.

And they're easy to obtain, thanks to their own ability, Magnet Pull, pulling all the Magnemite towards you (Magnet Pull makes you encounter Steel-Types more often if the Magnet Puller is the leader of the team)

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

So I've been trading with my own black, white and platinum and I now have some shops set up...but I've noticed that I am no longer getting customers to direct to my shops. I don't have wifi so does this mean that I am no longer able to get new people to come to my join avenue on a regular basis?
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/20fva8.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    So I've been trading with my own black, white and platinum and I now have some shops set up...but I've noticed that I am no longer getting customers to direct to my shops. I don't have wifi so does this mean that I am no longer able to get new people to come to my join avenue on a regular basis?
    Doing musicals increases your number by a few.
    Other than that, your only bet is communicating with people wirelessly in person.

The only real drawback to the Magnemite strategy is that it tracks OT-ID combinations, not Pokémon species-OT-ID combinations, which means that a Magnemite owned by 65534 Bob can be used once to register 65534 Bob, and that a Purrloin owned by the same person can't.

But then again, it'd be too easy if the Purrloin could be used, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I've explained this many times, but what it is basically, is a useful method to increase Join Avenue visitors. Something as simple as trading with a stranger online will increase your JA numbers.
    The Pokemon chosen to abuse this method was Magnemite.
    Why? Well, because they're common, and they're not as boring as Patrat or Purrloin.
    This Magnimite coil method sounds interesting, I might be doing that once I beat the game :P hopefully soon!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4425-1490-2598
    Nickname:Nasser

Safari Type: Psychic
    Safari Pokemons: Abra, Sigilyph, and Gothorita

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I find Random Matchup to be the quickest way to gather people for me (since I don't ragequit) I get 5-8 people in a half hour that way.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I find Random Matchup to be the quickest way to gather people for me (since I don't ragequit) I get 5-8 people in a half hour that way.
    Trading is the quickest method (if you know of the Magnemite coil).
    On the other hand, if you meet people through random match-up, you do have a bit more options with them if they visit your JA, such as asking of their recent activity.
    The only problem with finding a random match is that it can sometimes be unresponsive and you have to exit and keep entering until it decides to work.

I finally leveled up Join Avenue to Rank 4 and I got the nurse to appear in the office. I don't really see the point of having her around since I rarely pass through the place, but I guess it's still good that I've made some progress. Anyway, people are only interested in shopping at the generic markets at my Join Avenue, which is why most of those are level 3 while the others are level 1.

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast