Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Also, how do you get gym leaders to come by? Cheren randomly showed up the other day, but he's the only one I've seen.
    Ah, ok. I wondered why a particular Hiker's request changed after I turned off the game. At first, he wanted to go to a store with a country look, so I sent him to the Antique store, but he wasn't happy, which confused me. What's more country looking then that? To me no other store looks remotely countryish.
    I don't think the Musical adds fans that go to your Avenue. I may be wrong but I think doing well in Musicals gives you fans that wait for you out in the lobby and give you props for future Musical use.

http://serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml
    ^ list of recommendations for visitors

Country-looking is the Berry shop I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by candyson View Post
    almost to rank 20
    is there an easier way to rank up than magnemite coiling? i find that most magnemites have already been traded
    i feel stupid but what is the magnemite coil?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/66122...ion-2/64347250
    ^Magnemite Coil
    The trick with coiling is to just keep changing parameters of your search. I find that alternating between levels 1-10/ANY in the US will eventually show a trader with an untraded Magnemite.

And as for Candyson's question, the Dream World is by far one of the best, I get 10-12 visitors every day from it. The only downside is, you can only do so when you have lots of contacts in the DW, and you can only do this once every 20 hours.

Join Avenue was definitely a cool mechanic that was introduced. I'm only on Rank 5 right now... It's hard to remember to check back every day
    Walker Sleepover

Quote Originally Posted by k_tribal View Post
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/66122...ion-2/64347250
    ^Magnemite Coil
    The trick with coiling is to just keep changing parameters of your search. I find that alternating between levels 1-10/ANY in the US will eventually show a trader with an untraded Magnemite.
    It's even better to switch between countries, since no one really bothers to look for them, so there are almost always some ungraded ones floating around from countries like Germany or Italy. It fills up your Geonet and Unity Tower, too, so it's doubly useful.

I don't think the Musical adds fans that go to your Avenue. I may be wrong but I think doing well in Musicals gives you fans that wait for you out in the lobby and give you props for future Musical use.
    Hmmm, perhaps I misunderstood then- thanks.
    ^Magnemite Coil
    Oh, so basically making trades you don't really need to get more visitors. Lol, I'm an expert in that from doing my GTS thing (trading with all location).
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    It's even better to switch between countries, since no one really bothers to look for them, so there are almost always some ungraded ones floating around from countries like Germany or Italy.
    Whenever I'm looking for a pokemon, the only contries I find worth the time to search for specifically are Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, S. Korea, the United Kingdom and the U.S.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Yep going in between 'popular' countries and switching between level parameters ANY, 1-10, and 11-20 is fun too. My favorite countries are NZ, FR, GBR, CA, and Espana. Sometimes Germany and Italy. If I'm bored I often try the unpopular ones too, I have this Magnemite from an African country I really really like.

My Join Avenue is a rank 2. So i'm going to do it ALL DAY EVERY DAY. I LIKEY

FC: 3139-4986-9973
    Name: Rosa

I got my White 2 Join Avenue to Rank 17 the other day, and I have one shop of every type now (yay!). I got a Nursery by getting my Raffle to switch over (she wanted to), but it made it so I had to get a new Raffle. Ironically, my new Raffle is only Rank 2 or 3 and I got a PP Max the other day while my old one almost always gave me Berry Juice. Regardless, I finally met my goal of having one shop of every type.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

I probably need to work on my Join Avenue... I think I'm only level 5 with no shop exceeding level 3 I believe...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I have a question about the shops...say you have a salon at rank 9, and when you talk to the shopkeeper he says he wants to switch to a nursery...if you allow him to switch, will that nursery be at rank 9, or will it start over at rank 1?
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

It stays at 9.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

What are the odds of winning a Masterball from the raffle? If you happen to know the level by level odds, that's fine, but I'm wanting to know the level 10 value mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    I have a question about the shops...say you have a salon at rank 9, and when you talk to the shopkeeper he says he wants to switch to a nursery...if you allow him to switch, will that nursery be at rank 9, or will it start over at rank 1?
    Wait a minute, you can do that? Is it only for shops from characters you've interacted with?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

I've used the lottery well over 100 times by now, thanks to the special promotion being active, and I've gotten a grand total of one Master Ball out of it.

It's not worth it at all, as all of the other prizes are now very common.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I've used the lottery well over 100 times by now, thanks to the special promotion being active, and I've gotten a grand total of one Master Ball out of it.

It's not worth it at all, as all of the other prizes are now very common.
    Special promotion? And are you about as likely to win a Masterball from the Join Avenue as you are to win one from the Goldenrod station or the Hoenn department store?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    What are the odds of winning a Masterball from the raffle? If you happen to know the level by level odds, that's fine, but I'm wanting to know the level 10 value mostly.
    Wait a minute, you can do that? Is it only for shops from characters you've interacted with?

I'm not too sure, as only 2 out of 8 people in my avenue want to change shops. Both are people I met from GTS though. I don't know why they suddenly want to change, but I've noticed they both expressed their desire after I hit rank 15 and nursuries could open up. Incidentally, both of them want to change to nurseries, so I'm guessing had I recruited these two people when my avenue was at a higher rank, they would've been nursury keepers when I recruit them by default.
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    I'm not too sure, as only 2 out of 8 people in my avenue want to change shops. Both are people I met from GTS though. I don't know why they suddenly want to change, but I've noticed they both expressed their desire after I hit rank 15 and nursuries could open up. Incidentally, both of them want to change to nurseries, so I'm guessing had I recruited these two people when my avenue was at a higher rank, they would've been nursury keepers when I recruit them by default.
    Maybe you could try changing the shop, you can always not save if it turned out a less favorable result :O

Maybe you could try changing the shop, you can always not save if it turned out a less favorable result :O
    Haha yeah, good point, although I already have a nursery so I don't need anymore. All my visitors are really annoying, they keep asking to 'make my pokemon strong'. My dojo's at rank 10 while everyone else is sitting between 7-9. And the guy who owns the dojo wants to change -.- Seriously dude, just go and bask in glory that all the customers want to come to you, stop being so picky and wanting to hatch eggs...
    GMT +11 timezone

I think you can influence where the visitors will want to go by talking to your Future assistant. Plus Shine has already shared the method for softresetting for your visitors so you coudl do that too.

Can you guys give me your FC cuz i need to add you guys to Join Avenue and change it to a nursery.

Name: Rosa
    Go to Page 23 for my FC.

~ Pokedex3d

It doesn't work that way. Namely since you can't get someone to visit your avenue through any form of interaction possible in the WiFi club.

The only way to ensure that a player will make a nursery for you is to perform a GTS trade with them, then meet them over the GTS Negotiations after they've set their preferred shop to a nursery.

"Do you know anyone who's a little bit charismatic?" Couldn't find that phrase on the Serebii page.

Yasss, I finally reached Rank 10 and I was allowed to change the name of my Join Avenue. I didn't know you could do that, but it's great that we're given that option. Most of my shops have been upgraded to the next level except for the berry shop; I keep recommending people to it, but only a few of them have made a purchase. Oh well, more berries for me.

Default Oh.

Oh. Will you still give me your FC's? Cuz maybe we can talk to me or battle or trade.
    ~ Pokedex3d

This is a cool feature. So how can you increase visits without having to trade and battle all the time?

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast