Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

Black 2-My overall rank is 9 I believe. My shops are 4 Dojos(One is rank 8 or 9 I believe, another two is 3 I think, and one is 1), 3 Cafes(One is rank 6, other two are 1), and a Raffle(Rank 3 I think). EV training focus.

White 2-Overall rank is 3 I think. I don't know if I have 8 shops yet but aside from a rank 3/4 Dojo the rest are just there to up my Medal goal so they'll get replaced over time with other shops I don't plan to keeps. Eventually I'll have Dojos, Cafes, and probably a Nursery for Funfest Missions(I believe there's an egg mission).

I don't have Wi-Fi so I'm limited to in-game and doing things between my own games(Black, Black 2, White, White 2), so it's going to take forever to get to rank 100.

I ran out of money one time because I kept buying all the EV stuff on Black 2 daily. I keep battling Domes, and other things to get more money but the money doesn't make up for the lost money so eventually I just run out. I ended up selling all my valuable items and that, that I saved up during the game(Was planning to trade them to White 2 so it could have more money). Now I have around one million points so I'll be good for a while now. Eventually I'm going to stop relying so much on the shops though, but I'll battling Pokemon and use Vitamins/Wings after I finish with White 2.

I hate whenever a useless person comes into Join Avenue though, they want to build a shop I don't want(Anything that isn't a Dojo or Cafe), and they want to go to a shop I don't have, it doesn't happen all that often though so at least it's not that bad.

I found out that if buy the items and then up your rank the same day, you can buy the same items again, I always just dealt with the people first but now I buy the items and hope I can get my rank up to use the items again. I also wasn't sure if the item limit was for all the shops or just individually, glad it was just for the shop now I can buy the same items in different shops.

I'm always hoping I get someone who'll go to a few shops too, not sure how that happens, but it's always nice since the points for the rank go up a bit.

Also, wasn't sure if I could use the same game more then once to get someone in my Join Avenue, but it seems like you can(Although I think if they have a shop up you can't have them come back again).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I currently have all the shops except for the raffle one. I also accidentally have two marts. Is there a way to get rid of one?
    I use it quite often since i'm having troubles finding a fossil at Twist Mountain and I use it to gain happiness and help with stats

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I currently have all the shops except for the raffle one. I also accidentally have two marts. Is there a way to get rid of one?
    I use it quite often since i'm having troubles finding a fossil at Twist Mountain and I use it to gain happiness and help with stats
    You can replace shops by adding in another one. You just need to have someone who wants to open a shop, then replace whichever one you don't one. That's the only way to get rid of shops

If I can't use wifi but instead trade with my black, white and white 2 does that mean that I'll at least be able to open some shops?
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    If I can't use wifi but instead trade with my black, white and white 2 does that mean that I'll at least be able to open some shops?
    Join Avenue is a new feature which monopolises on the communication aspects of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2. This feature starts off as an empty pathway, but as you connect with people over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, local Wireless, through the C-Gear and over InfraRed, people will start to come to the avenue to open up shops. This is done automatically whenever you connect with someone. This connection is done through PassBy on the C-Gear, InfraRed, Wireless Union Room, WiFi Connection, GTS, GTS Negotiations, Random Matchup and Dream World across all Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 games. In addition to that, after you have beaten the Elite Four, various fans will come and visit, wanting to make shops or shop in general.
    http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml

So yes, you'll be able to open shops by methods of InfraRed/Wireless. You also get in-game NPC to open up shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Streetlight View Post
    I laughed pretty hard when I first walked into Join Avenue.

"Hey there random kid whom I know nothing about! You want to run this god damn shopping mall!"

"....sure?"

"AWESOME! The employees will call you whatever you want now. See you!"
    Hey it's free labor. You know how much it takes to pay a store manager? You don't get paid at all.

And considering you're just 10, it's also child labor. Free child labor. Hurrah.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I love join avenue. I'm going to be doing that magnemite thing because I want to max my dojos. I love how they raise your Pokemon. It helps out a lot.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    Hey it's free labor. You know how much it takes to pay a store manager? You don't get paid at all.

And considering you're just 10, it's also child labor. Free child labor. Hurrah.
    *slightly off topic* Well, I believe the mains these games are in their teens. I believe there was an announcement about that as well. If you wish to discuss more about their ages though, it'd be best to do it in the Storyline and Characters thread (note I'm not trying to mini-mod here, just saying what's advisable).

*on topic* The avenue is pretty interesting, though it's a hell of a hassle to go through if you're trying to go through it with little connecting (haven't felt like going to GTS or battling yet) to other people. I'm currently at Rank 4 with about 2-4 shops at level 2 and the rest of the 8 are level 1.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9

Spoiler:- :

Haha okay okay, got it noted.

Personally I'll be trading Boldores for Boldores and Gurdurrs for Gurdurrs until I am at the point I can breed starters. That was my habit before in HG to increase numbers for the raffle.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I tried to bring myself to drop a shop to add more dojos and cafes, but I can't. Seriously, how is that good economics, I was put in charge of running this place, and I can't in good conscious set up competition for my shops or replace the old ones with less experienced shops that provide less goods for worse prices. Curse my economic mind. Besides, the 23 levels I can buy a day and the happiness boosting items are enough.
    Black and White 2 Return to Familiar Lands, except for the giant glacier.

I really wish they'd change the type of hidden power on the party pokemon page because the normal type icon looks boring. My special sweepers all have stupid looking Attack tabs on their information.

It's seriously starting to drive me crazy that nobody seems to want to open a cafe.

I thought at least one of my 12 Dream World visitors might, but they all want to open the shops I plan on never having in my avenue instead...

That and nobody on any forum seems to have the slightest interest in trading with me for this purpose.
    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It's seriously starting to drive me crazy that nobody seems to want to open a cafe.

I thought at least one of my 12 Dream World visitors might, but they all want to open the shops I plan on never having in my avenue instead...
    I suffer from the same thing, except in my game it's a Nursery instead of a Cafe.

I know there's a chance to have a visitor asking to be directed to a Nursery shop, but since I don't have one I wouldn't be able to direct him/her if he/she comes up ._.

And wow, you guys are fast. Mine's still Rank 7, and so far most of the shops are still Level 2-3, with only 2 of them being Level 4.
    2 of the Level 3 shops will level up soon, though. Just need 1 visitor each.

My Avenue consist of one of each shop....except the Nursery. I have 2 Raffle Shops instead. One of them is still Level 1, and that's the one that will be replaced with a Nursery.
    Seriously, at this point I don't mind if it is a visitor generated by my own game or a visitor from another game, I just want someone to open a Nursery ._.

Also, how low is the chance to get a souvenir anyway? So far only 1 people gave me a souvenir......

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

As far as I've noticed, visitors will never ask to be directed to a shop that you don't have.

Therefore, I don't think there's much of a disadvantage to not having all of the stores if you don't feel as though you need some of them.

I'm Rank 2. Heeeelp meeeeee.....
    I'm awesome

As far as I've noticed, visitors will never ask to be directed to a shop that you don't have.
    Really? I could have sworn some NPC wanted to go to a café in my Join Avenue, despite me not having one.

EDIT: Wait, never mind. I think it was a more general message.
    Last edited by TotalPotato; 28th October 2012 at 3:13 AM.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    And wow, you guys are fast. Mine's still Rank 7, and so far most of the shops are still Level 2-3, with only 2 of them being Level 4.
    2 of the Level 3 shops will level up soon, though. Just need 1 visitor each.

My Avenue consist of one of each shop....except the Nursery. I have 2 Raffle Shops instead. One of them is still Level 1, and that's the one that will be replaced with a Nursery.
    Seriously, at this point I don't mind if it is a visitor generated by my own game or a visitor from another game, I just want someone to open a Nursery ._.
    Oh, wow. My avenue is already rank 21, and my Nursery is Rank 7, while the rest are 8 and 9. I went the "have one of each shop" route too, and I've been using the shops more than I expected, especially my Dojo and Beauty Salon. Funny thing that I got a Nurse to open a Nursery as soon as I reached rank 15, too.

Also, how low is the chance to get a souvenir anyway? So far only 1 people gave me a souvenir......
    I have no idea what the chances are, but for some reason, my Dream Pal visitors like giving me souvenirs. Either it's pure luck, or visiting multiple times has some effect on it.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Therefore, I don't think there's much of a disadvantage to not having all of the stores if you don't feel as though you need some of them.
    Once an npc asked for a shop with a female clerk and at the time I didn't have one.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

The only reason why my Join Avenue is heavily deserted is because I don't usually pass by all the time.

Having said that, I should really pass by Join Avenue more often when hatching eggs or something.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Join Avenue has quickly become one of my favorite new features in B2W2.
    Currently I'm rank 12, and I have one of each shop except for Nursery~.

But today I had Roxie come to my avenue, and when I recommended her to a shop, she rewarded me with 1000 points! How often do gym leaders show up?
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

I just arrived at the Join Avenue place. I had no idea what it was beforehand, but I managed to invite two people to make shops there (my White version persona and some random kid). I recommended some random people to shop there, but only two of them have been interested so far. Anyway, the shopkeepers keep saying "hello" whenever I pass by and they'll occasionally say things like "My God" and "Hey flop" when I'm around, but that seems to be rare as I've only seen them do it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    But today I had Roxie come to my avenue, and when I recommended her to a shop, she rewarded me with 1000 points! How often do gym leaders show up?
    I'd actually like to know this, too.

Join Avenue is probably going to be one of the things in BW2 that I spend the most time tinkering with. (:

The only thing you can do to get gym leaders to show up more is increase the number of daily Join Avenue fans who show up (Up to a max of 12).

I can confirm that becoming the Champion and doing musicals increases the number of fans. The PWT and Pokestar Studios can supposedly get you more of them, as well.

I've personally had Drayden, Elesa, and Roxie show up at mine in the 10 days since I became the champion.

Also, something important to keep in mind when they do show up:

There's no point overflow. Meaning, if you were to, say, recommend a gym leader to a shop that was only 50 points away from ranking up or recommend them to any shop period when your avenue is on the verge of ranking up, most of the points will just go to waste.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 28th October 2012 at 8:40 AM.

Oh. So those side games do have a use after all...

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to go back to my other unpaid jobs to be able to do better on my other...unpaid...job.

The only thing you can do to get gym leaders to show up more is increase the number of daily Join Avenue fans who show up (Up to a max of 12).

I can confirm that becoming the Champion and doing musicals increases the number of fans. The PWT and Pokestar Studios can supposedly get you more of them, as well.

I've personally had Drayden, Elesa, and Roxie show up at mine in the 10 days since I became the champion.
    Doing musicals, huh? Eh, I'd still rather do the PWT to get fans. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    I traded with my black1 game and my avatar came visiting and set up a shop so BW1 people who run into while trading also come along. Also I noticed any person you interact in a GTS negotiation will end up showing up too whether if you trade anything or not. So if you just want to grab a bunch of people you could just pop into the GTS negotiations a few times or I would imagine playing against random people and throwing the matches to end the fast could be a quick alternative for people. I suppose you could do the whole magnemite thing too.
    I don't know this for a fact, but I'm pretty sure with the whole trading the Magnemite thing, you get everyone who has previously owned the Magnemite, including the person you just got it from, to come to your avenue. Depending on the Magnemite, that could very well be hundreds of people.
    Under Construction

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast