Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

I continue to be irked by the fact that I have yet to meet a single person who wants to make a dojo over GTS Negotiations, despite the fact that I've met over 30 people...

My ideal avenue set-up is going to be two marts, two cafes, three dojos from Black, Black 2, and White 2, and one other random store that will be rotated out in order to maintain the discount. This will let me max out the EVs of any Pokemon without having to battle anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I continue to be irked by the fact that I have yet to meet a single person who wants to make a dojo over GTS Negotiations, despite the fact that I've met over 30 people...

My ideal avenue set-up is going to be two marts, two cafes, three dojos from Black, Black 2, and White 2, and one other random store that will be rotated out in order to maintain the discount. This will let me max out the EVs of any Pokemon without having to battle anything.

Hey there, I can help you build a Dojo. I play White 2.

I finally managed to get to Rank 15 today but the Nurserys are so far not coming. Then again I just got to it so I'm not complaining.

My Magnemite Coil attempt today was okay, I suppose, though I mainly only got trades from the United States and Japan, irritatingly enough. No one else seems to be Coiling anymore. Got something from Brazil, though, which is always nice, since it's one of my favourite countries. So now I'm at Rank 21, with one of each shop. I'm also contemplating changing the name of my Join Avenue, though I'm not sure yet.

It's so hard to find a magnemite coil trade which hasn't already been completed!

Current avenue rank: 5
    Recommended or Invited: 46

Most of my shops are now at rank 2 with some at rank 3. I can't wait to get my nursery up and running!
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 2nd December 2012 at 9:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    It's so hard to find a magnemite coil trade which hasn't already been completed!

Current avenue rank: 5
    Recommended or Invited: 46

Most of my shops are now at rank 2 with some at rank 3. I can't wait to get my nursery up and running!
    Set a preference for your location. I guarantee your search will run much more smooth. Australia is usually a good place to look.
        Spoiler:- My Website + Ask.fm:

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Set a preference for your location. I guarantee your search will run much more smooth. Australia is usually a good place to look.
    Yeah I've been doing that, searching within every country I can think of. I got sick of that so now I just put a magnemite up for trade and check back every 20 mins or so. It never fails.

Just hit lv8 Join Avenue, still so far to go before I can get a nursery *_* which sucks because I'll probably have most/all my breeding for OU done by then...

I also have troubles with Magnemites. They should fix the GTS to just not show completed trades.
    I finally met another gym leader in the avenue today. Now all my shops are on at least their first upgrade. Half are on their second upgraded appearance

Yeah I've been doing that, searching within every country I can think of. I got sick of that so now I just put a magnemite up for trade and check back every 20 mins or so. It never fails.
    Check every five minutes - it's even quicker that way, and it works most of the time.

Finally realized how to get the most out of my Avenue, have to use GTS Neg. Ran into someone who is "wondering about a record. I want to meet a person who is No. 1 in ???"

Most of my shops are people from GTS so they don't transfer that info...I really don't want to change my shops because they're rank 4-5 and I don't want to go over that again
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

At the Museum today I got, amongst other things, a Helix Fossil, a Moon Stone, an Everstone and a Float Stone. I think that's the best pick of items I've gotten from the Museum, ever.

Level 21, every shop, with Rank 8+ on all my shops except for nursury (they look awesome). BTW, what Gym leaders have made cameos in your avenue? I've seen roxie and drayden.

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

I've seen Cheren, Roxie, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Drayden, and Marlon (Meaning everyone other then Skyla).

Clay is probably the least useful of them all, as he'll only go to an antique shop or lottery, whereas all of the others will accept three or more types of stores as recommendations.

Just so people know, once you have the 50shop starter medal, you don't need to replace shops to lev1 to get the visitors to give points. I just sent someone to a lev10 Flower shop and my avenue still got 100points.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Finally realized how to get the most out of my Avenue, have to use GTS Neg. Ran into someone who is "wondering about a record. I want to meet a person who is No. 1 in ???"

Most of my shops are people from GTS so they don't transfer that info...I really don't want to change my shops because they're rank 4-5 and I don't want to go over that again
    Does it make a difference if the shops are owned by people you meet over the gts compared to the trade room?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMechaElgyem View Post
    Level 21, every shop, with Rank 8+ on all my shops except for nursury (they look awesome). BTW, what Gym leaders have made cameos in your avenue? I've seen roxie and drayden.
    None so far but I only started my Join Avenue about a week ago.

Does it make a difference if the shops are owned by people you meet over the gts compared to the trade room?
    If you meet a player over the GTS Negotiations or local wireless and have them open a shop, they'll have the sayings they picked in their game instead of generic ones, and you'll also be able to ask them what they did in their game recently and possibly view the medals they've collected.

These players will also attract customers who'll ask to be recommended to them specifically (Either making a request related to a game record they have or an answer to gave to one of the questioners in the avenue), and these customers can yield as much as 800 points each.

If you meet a player over the GTS Negotiations or local wireless and have them open a shop, they'll have the sayings they picked in their game instead of generic ones, and you'll also be able to ask them what they did in their game recently and possibly view the medals they've collected.

These players will also attract customers who'll ask to be recommended to them specifically (Either making a request related to a game record they have or an answer to gave to one of the questioners in the avenue), and these customers can yield as much as 800 points each.
    Most of my shops are run by people I've traded with over the gts and the most amount of points I've gotten for recommending someone to a shop is 100 points. Normally I get around 45-75 points.

They specifically have to be from GTS Negotiations. Not standard GTS trades.

They specifically have to be from GTS Negotiations. Not standard GTS trades.
    Oh right... I've just changed most of my shop owners from the standard GTS to people I've traded with over the GTS Negotiations. I prefer the standard but the later deffinately yeilds more points. So back to rank one for all of my shops, lol. At least I still have my dojo and I'm hoping to find a girl who wants to run a dojo over the GTS Negotiations so that I can have two.

I find that I get a lot of requests like "I want to go to a shop with a female clerk." Before replacing my raffle shop it was the highest ranking shop just because it had a female clerk. Like what difference does it make really? lolz.

Do you guys have one of every shop, or more than one type? Currently I have all 8 different types in my shop, but I'm finding a some shops (raffle and antique store in particular) to be somewhat useless and I want to replace them. Only problem is some visitors only want to visit those shops, so I'm a bit iffy to just boot them from my avenue.
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

You'll never get visitors who want to visit a shop you don't have, as far as I've noticed.

The sole exception I've heard of is visitors who want to go a shop that has a male or female clerk, but otherwise, you can have as many duplicate stores as you'd like with no real repercussions.

You'll never get visitors who want to visit a shop you don't have, as far as I've noticed.

The sole exception I've heard of is visitors who want to go a shop that has a male or female clerk, but otherwise, you can have as many duplicate stores as you'd like with no real repercussions.
    Ah, bummer, my raffle and antique stores are the only ones with female clerks

Guess I'd better hunt around on GTS and negotiations.
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Do you guys have one of every shop, or more than one type? Currently I have all 8 different types in my shop, but I'm finding a some shops (raffle and antique store in particular) to be somewhat useless and I want to replace them. Only problem is some visitors only want to visit those shops, so I'm a bit iffy to just boot them from my avenue.
    I have one of each shop. The raffle and antique shop are the ones I use the most, the raffle shop simply because it's free. The antique shop has rare items sometimes. I got several Everstones, evolution stones, fossils, heart scales and I got Sacred Ash once too. Most of the time, I get Nuggets, Pearls, Float Stones or Hard Stones, but the maniac in Icirrus City buys all of those, so I end up making my money back.

I just replaced my level 10 flower shop and salon that were run by in-game NPCs with a new flower shop and salon, run by people I met on the Dream World.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Pokemon Y

Just got my Antique shop to level 10, still waiting for breeding shop (I believe my avenue is level 17 or something).
    Do I have to meet the day-care first before I get people's option to be breeders?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4425-1490-2598
    Nickname:Nasser

Safari Type: Psychic
    Safari Pokemons: Abra, Sigilyph, and Gothorita

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast