Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

Woohoo! I got my avenue to rank 15 yesterday, and on my very first fan today, a hiker named Jaylen, I opened a nursery! It's already rank 2, as well!

just to let you all know you can sell berry juice to the food buying maniac for $1,500.

Unfortunate thing is that you can easily make far more money from defeating trainers in the time it takes you to sell them all off one by one.

I'm at rank 28 right now and most of my stores are at lvl 10 aside from a few 9's and my nursery is 5.

I have two antique shops, one Lv.10 and the other Lv.7. If I keep getting Hard Stones until I get 999 of them, am I still going to get Hard Stones out of the treasures? Has anyone else tested this? The thing is, I have the antique shops since it is the only way to get the coveted Sacred Ash in-game without the Dream Radar app. I also get some fine items such as evolution items, shards, ores, and fossils on occasion, but for every one of those, I get like 5-10 hard stones unless I am lucky. Right now, I have yet to get ONE Sacred Ash.

I can see why some programmer would do that -- if you could feasibly get a few Sacred Ashes and/or other awesome/useful items before battling Elesa's Pokémon, the game might end up being too easy even on Challenge Mode with weak teams. There are many more reasons for such a balance than this. You can come up with more if you want.
    Friend Code for Friend Safari Only: 4570-8062-8681

I named my Join Av. ARKHAM AV. because I was playing BAC:AE at the time.
    I have:
    5 Fittness shops (L.5-6)
    2 Antique shops (L.4)
    1 Flower shop (L.7)

Is the "tutorial" shop always run by the same clerk in every game? Because in the many times I've restarted Black 2 and White 2, I've always gotten the same clerk, but it was a nursery one time and a cafe another time.

In any case, I still haven't been able to get any other people to visit my Join Avenue yet on my most recent White 2 run. I've interacted with about ten people through local wireless (Union Room and all), but they haven't been appearing. Is this supposed to happen?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Is the "tutorial" shop always run by the same clerk in every game? Because in the many times I've restarted Black 2 and White 2, I've always gotten the same clerk, but it was a nursery one time and a cafe another time.
    Yes, it is always the same guy [Janus]. However, the shop he runs differs with each Trainer ID number.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth City View Post
    Yes, it is always the same guy [Janus]. However, the shop he runs differs with each Trainer ID number.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. Right now, he's selling those Power Lunches and such, which I don't really mind him doing.

I can kick him out anytime though if I really want to, right?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Right now, he's selling those Power Lunches and such, which I don't really mind him doing.

I can kick him out anytime though if I really want to, right?
    Fell free to, especially if you want a lot of the other things. I am sure Janus can be replaced like anyone else, though I have yet to try that -- I am all right with his florist role since he can sell EV-reduction berries at Rank 9+.
    Friend Code for Friend Safari Only: 4570-8062-8681

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersgiantsfan View Post
    I have two antique shops, one Lv.10 and the other Lv.7. If I keep getting Hard Stones until I get 999 of them, am I still going to get Hard Stones out of the treasures? Has anyone else tested this? The thing is, I have the antique shops since it is the only way to get the coveted Sacred Ash in-game without the Dream Radar app. I also get some fine items such as evolution items, shards, ores, and fossils on occasion, but for every one of those, I get like 5-10 hard stones unless I am lucky. Right now, I have yet to get ONE Sacred Ash.
    I got one Sacred Ash since I've been concentrating on Join Avenue, about 1 month now.

I am sure Janus can be replaced like anyone else, though I have yet to try that
    He is replaceable. He was running the flower shop on my White 2, and I replaced him with a Dream Pal that wanted to open another flower shop.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Fell free to, especially if you want a lot of the other things. I am sure Janus can be replaced like anyone else, though I have yet to try that -- I am all right with his florist role since he can sell EV-reduction berries at Rank 9+.
    How do you kick somebody out? o:

And wow, I'd rather have the EV-reducing berries and antique items rather than EV-raising meals and such.

How do you kick somebody out? o:
    You can't kick somebody out just like that, but once you have eight shops the game will ask you to delete one if you try to invite someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalot3000 View Post
    You can't kick somebody out just like that, but once you have eight shops the game will ask you to delete one if you try to invite someone else.
    Darn.

To think that I'll have to see that Youngster's face every time I go into Join Avenue until I get eight people running shops does motivate me to participate in the PWT more.

Darn.

To think that I'll have to see that Youngster's face every time I go into Join Avenue until I get eight people running shops does motivate me to participate in the PWT more.
    Why not use the Dream World/trading via GTS?

It's much faster and easier collecting people that way. I removed Janus just 1 day after the tutorial, thanks to the Magnemite Coil.

Also, iirc players gives more points to shops, compared to fans generated by the game. The only real advantage you have from fans generated by the game, is that they can be SR-ed.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

My Join Avenue went up to level 12 today!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    My Join Avenue went up to level 12 today!
    Mine is L.15

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Why not use the Dream World/trading via GTS?

It's much faster and easier collecting people that way. I removed Janus just 1 day after the tutorial, thanks to the Magnemite Coil.
    It's my loss by doing this, but I'm trying to get my Join Avenue up as high as possible through local wireless only.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    iirc players gives more points to shops, compared to fans generated by the game. The only real advantage you have from fans generated by the game, is that they can be SR-ed.
    They do give more points. For example, if a DW player gives 100 points, an in-game player give 75 points. It's not a big difference, but with DW, Magnemite Coil, etc. You can get visitors more than once per 24 hours.

Do dream world players give the same amount of points as the people from gts negotiations? Cos I'm really not a fan of the later. It's too slow in my opinion.

Do dream world players give the same amount of points as the people from gts negotiations? Cos I'm really not a fan of the later. It's too slow in my opinion.
    I haven't tried GTS Negotiations itself, but regular GTS and DW yield the same amount of points, so I would imagine Negos is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    They do give more points. For example, if a DW player gives 100 points, an in-game player give 75 points. It's not a big difference, but with DW, Magnemite Coil, etc. You can get visitors more than once per 24 hours.
    Ah, okay. It theoretically shouldn't be much of a problem for me, then, since I don't check my Join Avenue more than once a day, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    I haven't tried GTS Negotiations itself, but regular GTS and DW yield the same amount of points, so I would imagine Negos is the same.
    You actually get more points with gts negotiations. I just haven't added a shop run by a dw player yet.

Anyway my Join Avenue reached rank 13 today:

Deli rank 3
    Colosseum rank 8
    Flowers rank 4
    Raffle Shop rank 4
    Market rank 5
    Gallery rank 4
    Antiques rank 1
    Beauty Salon rank 3

I think I might swap my dojo with another one though since I'm getting sick of hearing 'horny' every time I pass his shop.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 19th December 2012 at 1:59 AM.

I think I might swap my dojo with another one though since I'm getting sick of hearing 'horny' every time I pass his shop.
    I'm assuming the rank of the shop resets even if you replace the Dojo with another one?

I'm assuming the rank of the shop resets even if you replace the Dojo with another one?
    Yes but in my Join Avenue it's also the most requested shop so it won't take me very long to reach rank 8 again.

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast