Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    Seeing as I just beat the E4 & Champ would someone please explain how this works and how you get shops and things??
    Everyday, fans generated by your game will enter your Join Avenue. You can either ask these people to make a shop, or you can recommend them to a shop that you already have on your Avenue. You can also interact with people over Wi-fi, local wireless, or the Dream World to get their avatars to visit your Avenue, and they will ask you the same thing.

If you recommend the right shop to a visitor, that shop will gain popularity points. As you accrue popularity points for a shop, its rank will increase, and subsequently, your Join Avenue's rank will increase along with it. Occasionally, gym leaders and other guests will start to show up in your Avenue, and if you recommend them to the right shop, you'll get a massive amount of points.
    Keep in mind that fans generated by your game will give a shop less popularity points than a player visitor.

As a shop's rank increases, they'll start offering more and more services for you to buy, and often times at a discount. So it's worth investing some time into. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

My Join Avenue reached rank 20 today. Most of my shops are around 6-7. Still haven't found anyone who wants to open a nursury yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    My Join Avenue reached rank 20 today. Most of my shops are around 6-7. Still haven't found anyone who wants to open a nursury yet.
    Did you beat the Pokémon League? Or are you just having terrible luck? ):

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Did you beat the Pokémon League? Or are you just having terrible luck? ):
    I'm well into post-game now so it's definately just terrible luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    I'm well into post-game now so it's definately just terrible luck.
    Aww... that's too bad.

Just keep on trying! Remember, the longer you have to wait, I bet the more it'll be worth it! (:

Quote Originally Posted by Monochrome Dreams View Post
    My Join Avenue is currently at Rank 11. I have one of each shop, excluding the nursery. So far I've had Marlon visit my avenue twice, and Drayden visit once.
    Three Gym Leaders, and you're still only Rank 11? I'm on Rank 23, and only one Gym Leader (Elesa, who's one of my least favourite to boot) has visited me so far ;A;

At Rank 45 now, with all the shops at Rank 10. Thinking of replacing the museum, it's pretty much useless. Though I'm not sure whether to go for the Florist or another dojo, not nursery as I have two of those.

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

So....I just found out today that the Gym Leaders cannot be SR-ed, whatever they ask is set before they enter the Avenue, not after.

Which leads to me being unable to level up my new Dojo using Skyla, as she wants to go shopping -_-

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

^ Ah, I did not know that. What a pity.

So far, I have seen Marlon (x2), Elesa, Roxie and Drayden. My Avenue is only at Rank 34, but all the shops have been maxed out. At least, that was until I replaced the Mart with another florist.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

I'm currently on rank 39, and have never been visited by a Gym-Leader, I guess it's because i always synch my game so i can get the dream-world visitants? I don't quite get how the game chooses with characters show up... anyways, All my shops are maxed, except for my raffle shop, for wich I could care less, and my antique shop (lvl 8)~ So, i guess I'll finish leveling it up soon!

3DS FC: 2122 6109 3377

So far only Skyla visited me. Rank 19 or 20, I believe. When she gave me 1,000 points I nearly had a heart attack! Is there any way to make their visits more regular or is it completely based on luck?

I managed to get a Nursery right after talking to a second or third fan right after they told me I could build them. So lucky!
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

^ That's positive
    I love join avenue! Recently used it to train a timid latias with ?/?/30/?/?/30 IVs (used the person in gear station)! And the thing is, I wasn't even trying! I just wanted to catch latias in white 2, and 30 ultra ball and much head banging later, I had an unintentional timid latias with decent IVs!
    Also, I would like to point out that, to my knowledge, the shop you open is determined solely by your ID number. The "future" assistant allows you to change the shop that more fans go to. For instance, if you set your "future" shop to cafe, it would be more likely for your fans to want to go there.
    Last edited by Superpower22; 24th December 2012 at 5:55 PM.

It's not determined by your ID if you connect with a player via certain methods I've mentioned multiple times previously.

I can confirm that from linking with my brother over local wireless, as his character would always open the shop he chose as his future, and his character would also offer to change their current shop to whatever was currently selected as his future if they had opened a shop already.

I love Join Avenue! It's an excellent feature, in my opinion. The shops are also very useful.
    The only Gym Leader I ever got was Marlon. I remember it well.

"Oh hey, another person. Hey, he's got blue hair, is he an ace-OMG THATS MARLON!"

He asked for a shop with a nice carefree nature. I recommended him to my Raffle Shop, and he loved it, and I was relieved.

So a few days ago, I asked whether or not the shops that NPC fans wanted changed somehow, and the answer I got was that they could be soft reset. Which is nice and all, but now I'm not getting any different results from soft resetting before I enter the Avenue for the day anymore. ):

^ You're just unlucky. I've SR for the fans and I have gotten different outcomes at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth City View Post
    ^ You're just unlucky. I've SR for the fans and I have gotten different outcomes at times.
    I don't know... I've soft reset my game like twenty or so times already. They would always change their responses after one or two soft resets, but now they don't change them at all.

I can tell they're NPC fans, too, because they don't say anything along the lines of "Hey, how was that Magnemite that I traded over to you?" or anything like that. :/

I added an antique shop to my avenue for the first time earlier this week out of curiosity.

I place its usefulness lower then the lottery, since most of the non-Hard Stone items are pretty worthless, whereas you can never have enough PP Ups and Rare Candies.

The only gym leaders that visited mine were Marlon,Cheren(Twice),Roxie,and Elesa(I think).

Most of my shops are level 8 or 9 Except the nursery and the berry shop. I can never find anyone who likes those two places
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post

Most of my shops are level 8 or 9 Except the nursery and the berry shop. I can never find anyone who likes those two places
    then set your preference to either one of those two shops

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I added an antique shop to my avenue for the first time earlier this week out of curiosity.

I place its usefulness lower then the lottery, since most of the non-Hard Stone items are pretty worthless, whereas you can never have enough PP Ups and Rare Candies.
    I actually love the Antique shops
    Yeah getting things like Float stones or Hard Stones blows but the additional fossils, Shards (especially these, can never have enough shards), and evolution items are always nice to get.
    Plus they're cheap and they benefit the most from leveling up if only by virtue of having more than 1 shot at getting anything good like the Lottery.

I have one of each of the shops in my join avenue. The only thing that is bugging me right now is reading about training level 10 and 20 for dojo but not knowing how to unlock them?
    Shinies are good.

I have one of each too, I feel the raffle is pretty much useless, but I kinda like the fact i have one of each... I'm a huge fan of the antique shop, I just save before and buy everything, if i get enough "good items" then i just go, if not, i soft reset lol, I've got a looot of evolution stones this way, and shards... gotta love shards XD.

3DS FC: 2122 6109 3377

Yeah, I think the antique shops have more use than the lottery. I don't really have an immediate need for any of the items given as prizes. Antique shops are the only way to get multiples of the Cover/Plume fossils as far as I know, so that's a good thing. In fact, I'm considering replacing my museum from a Black 2 game with one from White/2 for this reason or have them both. Not to mention, I'm still holding out for a Sacred Ash if I'm lucky.

In other news, I'm going to be opening all four florists over time, in order to get those exclusive berries. Not all at once, mind. I think, in the end, I'll keep one or two after I'm done with that.

I visit the raffle shop most of the time ( So that one day I could get my hands on that master ball!!!!)

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast