Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

Ugh...still no luck in getting the Nursery...

I've got one of each shop right now, except the Nursery. I'm currently Rank 7. I'm begining to abuse the Magnemite Coil.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

My wifi don't work but I got to rank 3 in game.
    岩根雅明=♡

So let's say I have a Florist that's Rank 7, but I replace it with a Cafe. Will the Cafe start over at Rank 1?
    I'll put something here...eventually

Yeah.

The only exception to this is if you ask a fan to change the shop they're running (Applies to fans who run one shop prior to the E4, but run nurseries pst E4). You can freely have them switch between a nursery and whatever their original shop was once a day without reducing the rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
    I'm begining to abuse the Magnemite Coil.
    What's this "magnemite coil" everyones talking about?
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

As you may have heard, Black 2 and White 2 both have a new area called Join Avenue:

http://serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml

This area, with sufficient growth, can contain many shops and be a good way to acquire many items. But to make Join Avenue in your game grow, you have to connect with different people... a lot. Each trade, each battle, each connection you make furthers the development of Join Avenue in both players' games. But now, there's a way that we can all work together to boost Join Avenue's status in everyone's B2/W2 games! I call it... the "Magnemite Coil"

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/081.png
    Magnemite is a common Pokemon found in the Virbank Complex area, which is very early in the game and easily accessible. To begin the Coil, it will take many people and many Magnemites. Here's what you can do to help:

Step 1) Catch 2-3 wild Magnemites. Natures, stats, and other info doesn't matter.
    Step 2) Put one of your Magnemites up for trade in the Global Trade Station (GTS) and ask for any other Magnemite in return.
    Step 3) While waiting for this trade to go through, go on the GTS again and search for the Magnemites of other trainers who are participating in the Coil. Trade one of your other Magnemites for this one.
    Step 4) After both trades go through, you should have two new Magnemites from two different trainers, and also more visitors in your Join Avenue.
    Step 5) Simply do the process over and over by repeatedly trading your newly-acquired Magnemites for new ones on the GTS. After enough time in the cycle, you may have seen 20-30 different Magnemites from many different nations across the world!
    NOTE) As you trade Magnemites, feel free to attach items that you think could help out other members of the Coil. If you are lucky enough to have contracted the Pokerus in your game, you could even pass that beneficial condition to other trainers through the Magnemite Coil as well!

Using this process, all of us can build up our Join Avenue areas to great heights together, and we could even meet and learn about new people through the Magnemites we receive. So whether you want to see your Join Avenue reach its greatest heights, or if you merely want to find a couple new friends... join the Magnemite Coil!
    here you go :]
    岩根雅明=♡

It's not so much a thing as it is the fact that people have developed a trend of trading Magnemites for Magnemites on the GTS for the purpose of accumulating visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    here you go :]
    Well I'm off to catch some magnemite :P. ok then i get it, ill probably do that then, as im in desperate need of visitors. thanks!
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Has anyone managed to get any game record information on another player in the avenue yet?

I thought that having them as a Dream World friend would work, but it didn't.
    Only with people I've "streetpassed" with the c-gear

Well, that's lame.

Because finding anyone to pass with C-gear is virtually impossible for me.

I love how the Gym Leaders give you like 1000 points, Skyla went to my lottery place yesterday, and Clay went to my antique place today, the 1000 points not only ranked up the shops to the next level, but allowed me to rank up the Avenue 3 times in 2 days.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Well, that's lame.

Because finding anyone to pass with C-gear is virtually impossible for me.
    Yeah, it seems like the only virtual way possible to pass people is to go to a big Pokemon event like VGC, or a video game/anime convention of sorts.

Looks like somebody has Rank 100...(BTW It's not me)

Hmm this Magnemite Coil sounds interesting. I might give it a go.

EDIT: Oh wow! When I recommend a shop, the person at the shop recommends another one and that gets a lot of popularity Points too. And that one recommended another, and then the next one as well except that person said next time...lol
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 29th October 2012 at 7:23 AM.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

I finally got to the level where I can recruit fans...and have no idea what that means. What does the "Recruit" option do?

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    I finally got to the level where I can recruit fans...and have no idea what that means. What does the "Recruit" option do?
    Pretty sure it makes them an assistant manager, or some kind of staff. I'm not positive since I've yet to successfully recruit someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    Basically you can ask someone to be one of your assistants. But they can refuse. The higher rank the avenue, the better chances they'll accept. I want a friend of mine, Miranda, to be an assistant but she keeps refusing. She's either trolling me or playing hard to catch. XD

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

The Join Avenue is interesting!
    I'm almost at Rank 13 now.

I actually had Cheren in my Join Avenue once. Too bad you could only Recommend the Gym Leaders, but I took him to the Dojo and got 1000 points AKA immediate Rank Up for my current Rank then. Is there actually a pattern in how the Gym Leaders show up?

I've also been abusing the Magnemite Coil. It also helps in the Unity Tower locations xD
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

Nifty. Although what would the assistant do exactly? The main operations are already run by the provided NPCs, aren't they? Although they have yet to brew me coffee or make me a sandwich...

Been trying to do my research on this, but the main site and bulbapedia really don't provide information about that part.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Something I found out. Sometimes you might get one of your stores asking to change jobs like the one in charge of my dojo wanting to open up a Nursery. If you do that, it actually keeps it's current rank.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

I finally got a nursery. I worked out that magnemite coil won't help with it. I had 250 vistors and none of them wanted to open a nursery, though it did help level up my avenue to 24.
    In the end I went and took part in the musicals until I had 6 fans coming after every show. I now have NPC's coming once a day who say they are my fan and one of them wanted to open a nursery. Yay!

(Shiny Card made by Me)
    White2 Friend Code - 3182 7029 5661
    3DS Friend Code - 1435 4266 5411 - add me for safari and PM me yours. Safari - Fighting Type - Riolu - Pancham - Mankey
    Offering multiple lucky eggs for trade

has anyone else from the UK have there Join Avenue stop restocking and no new visitors showing up as a result of the clocks going back on sunday? if so how can this fixed coz its locked me out of getting some medals I needed as well. have emailed Nintendo about this

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post

One thing that bugs me though is "I want to go there! you know there!"- is there a way to know which shop they're referring to?
    http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml

there's a list for that

And yes, the vague requests are annoying. I have to keep opening Serebii's Join Avenue page just for that.

Even the things like "Is there any place where boys will be thrilled?" is kinda vague, who would have expected one of the shops for that is a MARKET.
    Or "I want to go to a shop with a country look". That one means we must direct him/her to either a Florist or a Cafe, and neither actually has a "country" look.
    There's also "I want to go to a place where Pokémon are". Most people thought that can be ANY shop, since normally Pokemon would be anywhere it and its trainer wants to, when in reality there are only THREE shops for that. Beauty Salon, Dojo, and the Cafe.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by cybersonic233 View Post
    has anyone else from the UK have there Join Avenue stop restocking and no new visitors showing up as a result of the clocks going back on sunday? if so how can this fixed coz its locked me out of getting some medals I needed as well. have emailed Nintendo about this
    Don't worry about that, it's just a thing to stop abuse of the clock - as you can only buy stuff once a day and you get new fans everyday. It's the same deal as game sync/pal park in dppt, if you change the clock or use a different DS everything goes out of stock for 24 hours. It will be fine 24 hours after you've changed the clock. Yeah it's annoying because daylight savings is a legitimate reason to change the clock, but there you go.
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

I'm so glad to hear about Magnemite Coiling, right now my Avenue is Rank 11 with my Antique Shop being my highest Rank market.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast