Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1272

Thread: Join Avenue!

I had to max my avenue shops using only 5 fans a day on two separate games, and while it certainly took a long time, it did eventually get done. Gym Leaders certainly do generate huge business, but getting the right ones for the shops you need to rank takes a massive stroke of luck.

I use the market for max revives/honeys/ev-boosters/pp ups, the florist for ev-reducing/type-resisting berries, the nursery for immediate egg-hatching, the barber shop/café for happiness, the dojo/café for ev-training/levelling, the raffle shop for master balls/max elixirs/max ethers/pp maxes/rare candies, and the antique shop for nuggets/pearls/shards/fossils/evo stones/heart scales/sacred ashes.
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 22nd March 2013 at 7:57 PM.

I've almost got all of my shops to level 10! I just need to get the Flower Shop one more Level. It's annoying though, because people keep asking to go to the Raffle area.
    Together we ride!
    "You can make anything you want go your way in life. You just have to know how to work the RNG."

Just started to actually add shops to the avenue, got all of my shops up to lvl 3 so far.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Right now I'm in Rank 7 and I have 7 shops, of all the types, ranging from ranks 2-3 (the Raffle Shop is about to reach Rank 4). Recently I've started going there everyday (I'd just got to Rank 4 one week ago). However, there's something that bothers me: can a rank 10 shop earn more points?
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

I have the florist ranked at level 10 in my avenue but i don't see any Tomato berries :/ . Any ideas why guys?
    Deoxys chaser

3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

Quote Originally Posted by johnyboy169 View Post
    I have the florist ranked at level 10 in my avenue but i don't see any Tomato berries :/ . Any ideas why guys?
    Even tough you know a certain type of berry is available at the JA, you shouldn't expect it to be sold at your florist: every shop except for the raffle shop has got variations, and each variation affects the products/services offered. Tamatos are given to you by Arpo, Joakim and Aleron, I guess.

Hoenn will rise again!!

I have all the shops and there all level up

Got to collect them all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalOne View Post
    Even tough you know a certain type of berry is available at the JA, you shouldn't expect it to be sold at your florist: every shop except for the raffle shop has got variations, and each variation affects the products/services offered. Tamatos are given to you by Arpo, Joakim and Aleron, I guess.
    This probably is a stupid question but if i hire someone else to take over the florist will it start from level 1 again?
    Deoxys chaser

Yes it will. You'll have to re-rank it to Lv.10 again to get Tamato berries.
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 26th March 2013 at 1:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    Without forgetting that you would lose access to other types of berries that you would probably also consider useful.

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to get more points with all the shops at rank 10?

Hoenn will rise again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    ahh okay that's what i was scared of, does anyone know the name of the person who sells the Tamato berries?
    Deoxys chaser

ahh okay that's what i was scared of, does anyone know the name of the person who sells the Tamato berries?
    Arpo, Joakim and Aleron

But I'm more scared of the possible answer to my question from one post before...

Hoenn will rise again!!

Arpo, Joakim and Aleron

But I'm more scared of the possible answer to my question from one post before...
    Okay is it one of the that will the Tamato berries or all of them?

Im not sure if if there is a way of getting more points, except if a gym leader comes and visits
    Deoxys chaser

Okay is it one of the that will the Tamato berries or all of them?

Im not sure if if there is a way of getting more points, except if a gym leader comes and visits
    Maybe one - someone called "Arpo, Joakim and Aleron"... (Arpo is a preschooler, Joakim is a pkmn breeder and Aleron is a roughneck)
    Please keep in mind that by doing that you're going to lose access to other types of berries, that you might consider important... and remember that it takes some ranks. Also, what's special about Tamatos? They raise friendship, but lower the speed... I think there are berries that just raise the friendship. Or why don't you just go to the Beauty Salon or to the Café? They cost money, but you'll have to bother with less stuff. Anyway, it's easy to earn money if you know how to do it.
    About my question... how much confident are you about your answer?
    Last edited by TheOriginalOne; 26th March 2013 at 3:28 PM.

Hoenn will rise again!!

Maybe one - someone called "Arpo, Joakim and Aleron"... (Arpo is a preschooler, Joakim is a pkmn breeder and Aleron is a roughneck)
    Please keep in mind that by doing that you're going to lose access to other types of berries, that you might consider important. Also, what's special about Tamatos? They raise friendship, but lower the speed... Why don't you just go to the Beauty Salon or to the Café? They cost money, but you'll have to bother with less stuff. Anyway, it's easy to earn money if you know how to do it.
    About my question... how much confident are you about your answer?
    Okay and i need them remove EVS from one of my pkemon and i know of the risk.

Also about your question im not that confident that's why i said im not sure
    Deoxys chaser

Got my Join Avenue, now called "PokemonWay" to level 11 earlier, have one of each shop, two Antique places though as no nursery yet. Trying to replace all the shops with people I've interacted with, rather than the "fans" that wander through.
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnTrainerJ View Post
    Got my Join Avenue, now called "PokemonWay" to level 11 earlier, have one of each shop, two Antique places though as no nursery yet. Trying to replace all the shops with people I've interacted with, rather than the "fans" that wander through.
    Is there a difference between having people you've interacted with run a shop and having "fans" run the shop?
    Deoxys chaser

Is there a difference between having people you've interacted with run a shop and having "fans" run the shop?
    No. It's just done because it's special to have an actual player.

Hoenn will rise again!!

Yes. The people who walk through Join Avenue will sometimes ask questions that relate to the answers players give when asked a question by those people dotted around Join Avenue (like "Do you have any siblings?" or "Do you think talent or effort is more important?"), or sometimes they'll ask about people with records in something. You can get a lot of points by directing someone like that to the appropriate player-run shop.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Yes. The people who walk through Join Avenue will sometimes ask questions that relate to the answers players give when asked a question by those people dotted around Join Avenue (like "Do you have any siblings?" or "Do you think talent or effort is more important?"), or sometimes they'll ask about people with records in something. You can get a lot of points by directing someone like that to the appropriate player-run shop.
    He was asking about the running of a shop, so the answer is no.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Quote Originally Posted by Chimecho3000 View Post
    He was asking about the running of a shop, so the answer is no.
    Sorry. I guess you're right - there's no possibility that he'd be interested in having players run the shop rather than fans because you can get more points doing it.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

The name of my Join Avenue is Meow...and its greeting is "Meow!". The thing I say when impressed is "Amazing!".
    Also, the current Rank of Meow is 24. Join Avenue is a very good idea, in my opinion. We can use the Barber/Saloon/Studio shops to reduce EVs if we make a mistake...
    and we can use some Herbs to reduce the Pokemons' happiness in case it is already full. We can also buy useful berries here. It is helpful while breeding since we can
    warm our eggs here. We can use it to give EVs to our Pokemon very fast and also increase their levels. We can increase the happiness of our Pokemon, which is
    helpful for evolutions and the move Return. We can also get good items per day using the Raffle Shop. If we get to a high enough Rank, we can get items whenever
    we rank up.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

What matters more is the visitors asking for recommendations, whether they're a player or a fan, that affects the points you receive. Having more player-run shops helps with specific recommendation request types, and these requests do usually give better point values, regardless of whether it's a fan or a player making the request. Plus, different shops run by different players gives tons better variety and a more even distribution of shop ranks, plus, player-run shops will rank up more quickly from having more high-value recommendation options open to them than fan-run shops can access.

As for the contents of the shops, you have to be mindful of which game--B1, W1, B2, or W2--that the person running the shops comes from. Specific fans will sell items as though they come from each of these games, but you have to remember which ones are which. Serebii.net's Join Avenue section has full coverage of the intricacies of Join Avenue's functionalities, and also has a sub-section detailing Fans info regarding which game version's shops fans open.

Drayden visited my Black 2's Join Avenue last night; I feel special. Almost all of my shops are at level 10 now and I just realized that they won't grow any further. It was fun leveling them up but also a relief that I don't have to go into Join Avenue everyday and talk to the customers. Now I just need to work on White 2's Join Avenue which is a hot mess at the moment. I haven't had a single Gym Leader visit in days and none of the shops are selling items since I accidentally changed the time on the DS. I need to get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Sorry. I guess you're right - there's no possibility that he'd be interested in having players run the shop rather than fans because you can get more points doing it.
    You should at least point out those come from specific fans that have meet certain records. There won't be any difference between fans and players that come from places that give little information.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast