Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

Magnemite coil? is that when you trade a magnemite via gts? am i doing this right ahaha
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Magnemite coil? is that when you trade a magnemite via gts? am i doing this right ahaha
    Yes, it's when you continuously repeat the process of depositing and seeking Magnemites until you have a large number of people stored in your game's internal memory; having it so your JA has a lot more traffic, which also means more frequency.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Yes, you put a Magnemite up for trade, wanting any Magnemite in return. So yep, your doing it correctly.

And now the GTS finally has a use...So many impossible trades, finally we can do real trades and have something useful ingame...well sort of. lol

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    And now the GTS finally has a use...So many impossible trades, finally we can do real trades and have something useful ingame...well sort of. lol
    Yeah its so lame when you want to trade a Haunter for a Machoke and all you see for Machokes are L100 Zekroms or Reshirams or some other legendary... at L100. Does throwing up some random pokemon actually get you these guys or something?
    Currently Playing:

Heart Gold- Davis
    Team-
    Current Goal: Beat Red, Get Kyogre

White 2- Rosa
    Team-
    Current Goal: Beat the game

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    Yeah its so lame when you want to trade a Haunter for a Machoke and all you see for Machokes are L100 Zekroms or Reshirams or some other legendary... at L100. Does throwing up some random pokemon actually get you these guys or something?
    Pfft. At least those are possible. I was talking about the Level 9 and Under trades.

Starting my Magnemite Foil. Also, I almost leveled up my Dojo today, and I have two markets... I think I know how to get rid of them. So, will Foil work on Negotiations?

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    Starting my Magnemite Foil. Also, I almost leveled up my Dojo today, and I have two markets... I think I know how to get rid of them. So, will Foil work on Negotiations?
    Of course, just gotta get lucky on what person wants to help you!

I shall capture a Magnemite and name it BNator, that way people will know it's mine.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I shall capture a Magnemite and name it BNator, that way people will know it's mine.
    Speaking of nicknames, the Magnemite I receive usually have coil in there nicknames. I wonder who started this brilliant idea?

My Join Avenue is Rank 22.

Still no luck on the Nursery.....but I won't give up!

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Speaking of nicknames, the Magnemite I receive usually have coil in there nicknames. I wonder who started this brilliant idea?
    I received tons of those, no way of really knowing which ones are yours.
    Chances are, though (with the many, many trades I have done) I came across one of your Magnemites at least once.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I received tons of those, no way of really knowing which ones are yours.
    Chances are, though (with the many, many trades I have done) I came across one of your Magnemites at least once.
    My trainer name is Thing so you will know those were my Magnemite.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    My trainer name is Thing so you will know those were my Magnemite.
    Can't remember if I've seen a name like that, but now I guess I'll know.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    My Join Avenue is Rank 22.

Still no luck on the Nursery.....but I won't give up!
    Talk to the people at stores already in your avenue, there may be one that wants to switch to a Nursery. Since the Nursery won't open up until Rank 15, they would open up a random store since you can't open one up yet so once you reach that rank which you have, they might ask to switch to it. The Rank of that store remains the same so if it was rank 6 before, the nursery will be Rank 6. You can also switch back once a day.

There is one text missing from http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml
    My game says "I want to talk about love. Is there anyone I can talk to?"
    I'm not sure which shop I send this person to.
    But it sounds like it is not for NPC... but I don't have people's avatars as clerks. All are game's NPCs

I tried to guide him to café girl... it gave me 400 points! Then café girl pointed to other shop then other shop then other shop... at end, gave me 800 points.
    Last edited by Absolutely Absol; 29th October 2012 at 4:20 PM.

lol a Magnemite with the nickname "Pass Me On"
    Gotta love this Magnemite Coil. I'd laugh if they release a Magnemite Event in the future with the move Coil. ...Just kidding! XD

EDIT: ...I can't believe I didn't think of it until now. The name "Magnemite Coil" is the English and Japanese names for Magnemite.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 29th October 2012 at 4:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Talk to the people at stores already in your avenue, there may be one that wants to switch to a Nursery. Since the Nursery won't open up until Rank 15, they would open up a random store since you can't open one up yet so once you reach that rank which you have, they might ask to switch to it. The Rank of that store remains the same so if it was rank 6 before, the nursery will be Rank 6. You can also switch back once a day.
    What do you mean? I can only buy and ask them how they are, and all they say then is how much points they have till the next level.

Does anyone have a Join Avenue greater than level 15?

I'm asking because mine is greater than level 15 and I need to trade with someone (a Magnemite if you wish) who has selected that the next shop they'd build is a nursery. I've waited around a week for an NPC to say "I want to build a nursery" and nothing.

If you have a Join Ave that's greater than 15, you can go into your office and someone will ask what kind of shop you'd like to build next, if you then select Nursery, as far as I know, when you trade with someone you'll be an NPC and if you are invited you will build your own nursery in their game.

Is anyone greater than level 15 that has selected a nursery as their next shop that can trade with me? I've also selected Nursery and if all goes well, when you talk to me as an NPC after the trade, I'll offer to build a nursery.

At least, that's what I've heard - does anyone else know if this is true?

Anyone want to give it a shot? PM me and we'll exchange friend codes!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

^Sure worth a shot.

This Magnemite Coiling thing is pretty interesting. I've gotten to Rank 8 without it so far, and I'll start abusing the Coil soon... probably... once I can force myself to get back onto my White 2 again...

I tried the Coil earlier every single Magnemite I tried to get was traded to another trainer

Well, I just learned something really important last night.

That is, contrary to what I was believing earlier, you CAN get information on players you trade with over WiFi. Problem is, the only way that actually works is GTS Negotiations.

Meaning if you want to, say, get information on a player on your friend list, you'd need to arrange for them to put up a Pokemon on the GTS, trade for that Pokemon to get them in your GTS records, then meet them in the GTS Negotiations via rendezvous. This also is apparently the only way you can choose what shop you open when you appear in someone else's game, as when trying to do this through other WiFi methods, you'll always open a particular shop that's chosen based on your ID instead.

I traded with about six different people last night, but as I expected, none of them wanted to open shops I needed. So perhaps if somebody needs a particular shop (Preferably someone with a rank 20ish avenue who can answer all of the questions), we can arrange to do this.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 29th October 2012 at 10:23 PM.

even though I'm at only 3 badges i still use it every day and its a great motive for wifi connections

White 2 team~ all lvl 100~ 8 badges~ E4 complete~ white treehollow complete~ join avenue rank 10~ 81 medals

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Well, I just learned something really important last night.

That is, contrary to what I was believing earlier, you CAN get information on players you trade with over WiFi. Problem is, the only way that actually works is GTS Negotiations.

Meaning if you want to, say, get information on a player on your friend list, you'd need to arrange for them to put up a Pokemon on the GTS, trade for that Pokemon to get them in your GTS records, then meet them in the GTS Negotiations via rendezvous. This also is apparently the only way you can choose what shop you open when you appear in someone else's game, as when trying to do this through other WiFi methods, you'll always open a particular shop that's chosen based on your ID instead.

I traded with about six different people last night, but as I expected, none of them wanted to open shops I needed. So perhaps if somebody needs a particular shop (Preferably someone with a rank 20ish avenue who can answer all of the questions), we can arrange to do this.
    That's why Japanese traders invented the wonderful Magnemite coil, bogging everyone else in horrid lag and doing multiple trades to boost your avenue fast. You should try it; not suggesting you feed this monster, but it could help.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast