Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1272

Thread: Join Avenue!

I got my first gym leader visitor today, Roxie. She bumped the avenue up two levels, and now I can build a nursery! But first I need a person to run it...
    Black2 Team:
    X Team: Froakie

I got my join avenue to level 77 today (I'll hit 100 someday). I decided to set up 3 nurseries to make hatching easier and recruited the npcs named Jaclyn and Jimbo. I think it's kinda weird to have a roughneck hatching eggs though, it just seems counter-intuitive. I guess it doesn't really matter when he will help me with my M.M. attempts.

At echo13. You can recruit the npcs to set up a shop before you have access to a nursery. I had the npc named Jess set up a Dojo (there are others) and then I had her switch jobs and set up a nursery for me the instant my join avenue leveled up.
    Last edited by The Hiker king; 19th September 2013 at 11:59 PM.
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

Quote Originally Posted by The Hiker king View Post
    I got my join avenue to level 77 today (I'll hit 100 someday). I decided to set up 3 nurseries to make hatching easier and recruited the npcs named Jaclyn and Jimbo. I think it's kinda weird to have a roughneck hatching eggs though, it just seems counter-intuitive. I guess it doesn't really matter when he will help me with my M.M. attempts.

At echo13. You can recruit the npcs to set up a shop before you have access to a nursery. I had the npc named Jess set up a Dojo (there are others) and then I had her switch jobs and set up a nursery for me the instant my join avenue leveled up.
    My flower shop is ran by a roughneck lol.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Hello~
    What is an easy way to level up my Join avenue?

I'm going to start trying to level mine up, so I can get the evolution items+the hatchary
    Currently PlayingPokemon Omega Ruby

Shinys so far: ;541;

Quote Originally Posted by Winona View Post
    Hello~

I'm going to start trying to level mine up, so I can get the evolution items+the hatchary
    The fastest way would be to use Magnemite Coil. You catch a couple Magnemite, goto the GTS, put one up for trade asking for a Magnemite in return, and look for other Magnemite that they want a Magnemite in exchange for.

Once you've done 12 trades, leave the GTS for Join Avenue and each person you traded with will be there.
    3DS Friend Code: 1263 6074 7027

Got a vist from Roxie after I ranked to 25, I also have a nursery now. Everything else is around rank 8-10 except the nursery.
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

As a whole my join avenue is ranking up very slowly lately. In fact, I leveled it up twice in the last week from 76 to 78 (thanks to a lot of gym leaders). I'll probably focus on leveling 1 nursery over the other for a while since my newly built nurseries are now level 3. I need to level one up to level 7+ quickly as nurseries aren't very useful to me until I can buy Warm lvl 4+.
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

Today Clay visited, bump up to lv17! It's hard getting people to go to the new shops, they're pretty far behind the others. The people who don't care where they go only give a few points.
    Black2 Team:
    X Team: Froakie

Well got a visit from Clay, which lvl'd me up to lvl 26. The Nursery isnt getting any business. It's still lvl 1.
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

My Join Avenue on White 2 finally reached rank 100 today! I've had more than 1300 people visit IIRC. I'm really glad I reached lv. 100, since that was something I wanted to accomplish before Gen 6 comes out.

All my shops have been lv. 10 for quite a while now. I have a raffle that I go to everyday I play, and have won every prize except the Master Ball. I have four florists, one from each Gen 5 game, which are my main source of berries ingame. I also use my dojo for levelling up purposes and occasionally for EV training. I don't use my other shops that much, though.

On my Black 2, my Join Avenue is very small, probably still in the single digits level wise. White 2 is my main version, so I haven't focused on B2 as much.

I find Join Avenue very useful (I've named mine 'Sperantia', and my character 'Cielsereno', i.e. 'Clear sky' in Italian) . I've just reached rank 78. I have every kind of shops bar the Nursery (I have 2 Florists), and I visit them every day because I love collecting items, expecially berries (I lack only Enigma, Starf and Lansat Berry, which are not found there, nor in the DW). I finally got two Odd Keystone and Sacred Ash from the Antique Shop some days ago! Also, the Café and the Gym are extremely helpful for EV training. Probably, Nursery would have been really useful, but I've never opened it up, and now I don't need it anymore. Perhaps I could reach rank 100 in a month (almost everyday I rank up, thanks to gym leaders visiting very often... dunno if I'm lucky or it is a common fact xD)

Ah, I found a mistake in the main site, in the page about Join Avenue: from level 21 to level 50, you obtain Stardust every level, and Rare Candy at levels 30, 40 and 50, while from level 51 (to level 100, I think) you actually obtain Star piece every level, and Rare Candy at level 50, 60, 70 and so on. So, from level 51 is Star piece, not Stardust.
    Last edited by Kurtz; 25th September 2013 at 12:03 PM.
    Forgive my English, I'm Italian

Friend codes:

Pokémon Black 2: 2753 3524 1781
    Nintendo 3DS: 1504 7114 8539

Why do I have a feeling some people here still don't know that

1. You can set your favorite shop so that visitors are more likely to ask to be directed to that shop
    2. You can soft reset the in-game fans

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Why do I have a feeling some people here still don't know that

1. You can set your favorite shop so that visitors are more likely to ask to be directed to that shop
    Can you really do that?? If you don't mind, could you tell me how? I just Googled it but I get no results. I'm trying to get the nursery but still, no luck.

My current Rank is 4. Trying to set up one of each shop. Currently I have 6 Shops.

Also, what rank do you get the Nursery?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia7 View Post
    My current Rank is 4. Trying to set up one of each shop. Currently I have 6 Shops.

Also, what rank do you get the Nursery?
    You need to beat elite four, champion and reach avenue Rank 15. Then you should find a nurse saying "I would want to spend my days helping Pokémon Eggs hatch."

Also, One of your pre-existing shops may offer to change jobs to a nursery.
    Last edited by Matsuyamakun; 29th September 2013 at 9:42 AM.

Is there any way to remove a shop? I have 2 lotteries and I will eventually need room for a nursery.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    Is there any way to remove a shop? I have 2 lotteries and I will eventually need room for a nursery.

If you have a maximum of eight shops in your Join Avenue, you can choose a building to be replaced when you try to invite a visitor.

Thanks, thats a lot simpler than I thought it would be.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Did about 12 trades today getting Pokemon for dex, checked Join Avenue. Ranked to level 6 with some shops ranked to lvl 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Winona View Post
    Hello~

The fastest way would be to use Magnemite Coil. You catch a couple Magnemite, goto the GTS, put one up for trade asking for a Magnemite in return, and look for other Magnemite that they want a Magnemite in exchange for.

Once you've done 12 trades, leave the GTS for Join Avenue and each person you traded with will be there.
    This is not doable anymore. It takes hours for the GTS to update and when you find a Magnemite that doesn't cost a level 1-9 Zekrom, it will probably have been traded away already. I searched for some with a whole slew of level and country restrictions and only found four that were good out of maybe 15 listed. You have to wait several hours before trying again. (not to mention I probably was one of few people to bother looking for Magnemites in places like France or Spain, meaning these will refresh very slowly)

The other options are:
    - Build up your dream world by friending 5 people a day
    - Take a level 1-5 party into Free single/double battles and lose, lose, lose. (forfeit doesn't count) It's a lousy thing to do but at least you can divide your attention, and you can build up whatever shops you need in a day or two.

Also, contrary to what others say, GTS Negotiations which are cancelled do -not- count either. So don't even bother with that.

Quote Originally Posted by sarysa View Post
    This is not doable anymore. It takes hours for the GTS to update and when you find a Magnemite that doesn't cost a level 1-9 Zekrom, it will probably have been traded away already. I searched for some with a whole slew of level and country restrictions and only found four that were good out of maybe 15 listed. You have to wait several hours before trying again. (not to mention I probably was one of few people to bother looking for Magnemites in places like France or Spain, meaning these will refresh very slowly)

The other options are:
    - Build up your dream world by friending 5 people a day
    - Take a level 1-5 party into Free single/double battles and lose, lose, lose. (forfeit doesn't count) It's a lousy thing to do but at least you can divide your attention, and you can build up whatever shops you need in a day or two.

Also, contrary to what others say, GTS Negotiations which are cancelled do -not- count either. So don't even bother with that.
    This never actually worked for me, but then again, I don't really need Join Avenue people anymore, so eh. :P

A rather small community has started doing this with Riolu (of all Pokémon), though.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Wow I had some crazy luck last night- it was probably a glitch, but I'm not sure. I had a Raffle Shop that was level 2 at the start of the night and an avenue full of DW visitors, and a refill of DW visitors after I woke up my sleeping pokemon. The point is that I leveled up this shop to level 7 during the night, so I got a lot of drawings. Here are the results (the Ave. is in 'promotion mode' by the way):

Level 2: A Max Revive and Max Elixir (prizes 5 and 6)
    Level 3: A Max Revive and Max Elixir (yes, the same thing twice)
    Level 4: A PP Up and Max Revive (prizes 4 & 5)
    Level 5: A PP Up and Max Revive (the same thing twice again)
    Level 6: A PP Up and another PP Up
    Level 7: A PP Max and PP Up (prizes 3 & 4)

Then I decided to use the gym leader I was saving to go from level 9 to 10. At level 8, the shop gave-

Level 8: A PP Max and PP Up (the same thing twice another time)
    I'm starting to wander if all female visitors that make a Raffle Shop do this, but I never noticed until the above happened. Every time I level such a shop I watch what the result is, and it's always been either the same or slightly better then the previous one for that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hiker king View Post
    How does this actually happen? Like the first time you talked right after you got high enough, did she just blurt out she wanted to change, or did you ask 'How are you?, or what? I'm curious to know because I want to see if I can get a DW visitor to open a nursery.
    Quote Originally Posted by R2J View Post
    The Nursery isnt getting any business. It's still lvl 1.
    Aside from someone saying 'I want to hatch an egg', people that want to 'find a service to make their pokemon great' will also visit a nursery.
    1. I always thought that was picking what shop your character would open if he/she appeared in another Join Avenue.
    2. You can only SR what the fans say, not the actual fan, right?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

How does this actually happen? Like the first time you talked right after you got high enough, did she just blurt out she wanted to change, or did you ask 'How are you?, or what?
    You need to actually ask the NPC, you'll see a new option for that.

1. I always thought that was picking what shop your character would open if he/she appeared in another Join Avenue.
    2. You can only SR what the fans say, not the actual fan, right?
    1. Nope, it's not just that.
    2. yes, you can only SR what they say, not the NPC themselves. Still, what we need is what they say anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by alessandrae View Post
    Can you really do that?? If you don't mind, could you tell me how? I just Googled it but I get no results.
    1. to set your favorite shop, go to your avenue's office, there's an NPC for it.
    2. to SR what the in-game fans are saying, save the game BEFORE you enter the avenue. This is also useful to reset the result, for example when you directed someone to the wrong shop, you can just SR, so that you won't lose any points and can just retry. What the fans ask will most likely be different, though. Also, you can only SR the in-game fans. You cannot SR the visiting fans from DW or from trading.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

You need to actually ask the NPC, you'll see a new option for that.

1. Nope, it's not just that.
    2. yes, you can only SR what they say, not the NPC themselves. Still, what we need is what they say anyway.
    Ok thanks. It is possible for a DW visitor or other real person to open a nursery, right?

1. So it's for both things then, yes?
    2. I was just confirming that for someone who might be waiting for an NPC to open a nursery, since that wouldn't change with SRing.

(for anyone) Also, regarding SRing, I've found that you can SR when recommending someone to check whether or not they'll start a chain, then SR and move your shops accordingly.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

It is possible for a DW visitor or other real person to open a nursery, right?
    So far I haven't see any proof for that.

1. So it's for both things then, yes?
    2. I was just confirming that for someone who might be waiting for an NPC to open a nursery, since that wouldn't change with SRing.
    1. yes
    2. ...okay now I'm confused, what do you mean by that?

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast