Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

That's not at all why I bothered posting that. I've been using Magnetmite Coil since day one to begin with.

I was just pointing out that if you want information on other players (Which gives you a chance at getting visitors that provide as much as 800 points each), you should use GTS negotiations.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 29th October 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Well, I just learned something really important last night.

That is, contrary to what I was believing earlier, you CAN get information on players you trade with over WiFi. Problem is, the only way that actually works is GTS Negotiations.

Meaning if you want to, say, get information on a player on your friend list, you'd need to arrange for them to put up a Pokemon on the GTS, trade for that Pokemon to get them in your GTS records, then meet them in the GTS Negotiations via rendezvous. This also is apparently the only way you can choose what shop you open when you appear in someone else's game, as when trying to do this through other WiFi methods, you'll always open a particular shop that's chosen based on your ID instead.

I traded with about six different people last night, but as I expected, none of them wanted to open shops I needed. So perhaps if somebody needs a particular shop (Preferably someone with a rank 20ish avenue who can answer all of the questions), we can arrange to do this.
    Interesting. Will this work with a BW1 game?

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

It does work, but you can't get as much information from a B/W 1 game, so your chances of getting a good visitor are lower.

Quote Originally Posted by cybersonic233 View Post
    I tried the Coil earlier every single Magnemite I tried to get was traded to another trainer
    Try searching by country. You'd be surprised how much easier it is.
    Under Construction

That and learn to identify the players that give that message.

I see about six different players giving bugged trades that have been there for over a week, so I know to avoid them.

I pretty much only do America, with some detours to Europe and Canada from time to time.

Nearly everytime I do Japan it's already been traded.

I added a new shop to Join Avenue today. Unfortunately, the shopkeeper is selling Fresh Water just like the other two shopkeepers. I'm tempted to connect with my Black version and spare White versions just to have the characters appear at Join Avenue, but I'm too lazy to focus on that at the moment. It seems like only two people per day are visiting the Avenue at the moment, so it'll be a while until it starts growing in size.

I rather enjoy being able to buy 12 of each type of vitamin for a measly 29K per set on a daily basis.

Though my 50% discount expires in two days, so I'm going to have to max out one of my stores again soon.

On the subject of the Magnemite strategy, does anybody think that it resembles, you know, RNGing in a way (and consequently is as moral or immoral as RNGing)?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

No.

Because there's absolutely no hacking involved in it whatsoever, not even indirectly.

Also, we should probably just drop that whole subject before this topic ends up getting derailed into an argument.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 30th October 2012 at 5:56 AM.

No.

Because there's absolutely no hacking involved in it whatsoever, not even indirectly.
    So far as I can tell the two things are different in pretty much every way

No.

I agree with your answer entirely, yeah. I just don't do it because I'm lazy.

But wouldn't deliberately taking advantage of such a strategy be ethically the same as deliberately tweaking the game's startup times and frames and such to get the player's desired shiny Pokémon? Neither involve actually hacking the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I agree with your answer entirely, yeah. I just don't do it because I'm lazy.

But wouldn't deliberately taking advantage of such a strategy be ethically the same as deliberately tweaking the game's startup times and frames and such to get the player's desired shiny Pokémon? Neither involve actually hacking the game.
    How, exactly, is hacking the game for your secret id and then specifically timing your frames and start up times and restarts for near flawless/shiny Pokemon the same, even ethically, as catching a magnemite and putting it on the GTS for another magnemite

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    How, exactly, is hacking the game for your secret id and then specifically timing your frames and start up times and restarts for near flawless/shiny Pokemon the same, even ethically, as catching a magnemite and putting it on the GTS for another magnemite
    Because a player can both get their desired TID/SID or shiny Pokémon and develop their Join Avenue without resorting to either of these strategies. Both of these strategies just make reaching the desired goal easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Because a player can both get their desired TID/SID or shiny Pokémon and develop their Join Avenue without resorting to either of these strategies. Both of these strategies just make reaching the desired goal easier.
    You are trading magnemites
    The only difference between using the "coil" and using the GTS normally is that people just decided to put up Magnemites for Magnemites so you're more likely to find a trade that isn't for a level 9 Reshiram

I use the GTS all the time since it's easy to put something up and get something back. Is this on the same level?
    What about just using the Dream World? Get a bunch of friends and visit each other and you're getting many many many times more visitors to your avenue than using the GTS method (1 visitor per Magnemite (or whatever Pokemon of your choice) compared to a welcome mat's worth of visitors every time you log on to Dream World).

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I use the GTS all the time since it's easy to put something up and get something back. Is this on the same level?
    What about just using the Dream World? Get a bunch of friends and visit each other and you're getting many many many times more visitors to your avenue than using the GTS method (1 visitor per Magnemite (or whatever Pokemon of your choice) compared to a welcome mat's worth of visitors every time you log on to Dream World).
    Using the GTS for the sake of trading or using the Dream World for the sake of using the Dream World is fine, but using the GTS not to use the GTS but to intentionally develop your Join Avenue when you can develop your Join Avenue without doing so is arguably unethical.

I'm glad you don't actually have to trade with the people you meet in negotiations to make them appear in the avenue, because most of them either have no interest in my various starter Pokemon or are so early in the game that they don't have anything decent to offer in exchange.

Hopefully, they'll upgrade the feature in the next gen so you can use phrases instead of four emoticons to communicate.

On that subject, I'm still looking for someone with a decently developed avenue to open a cafe for me...
    Last edited by Rakurai; 30th October 2012 at 6:55 AM.

I'm glad you don't actually have to trade with the people you meet in negotiations to make them appear in the avenue, because most of them have no interest in my various starter Pokemon, and lack the brains to put what they DO want in their greeting.
    Well, that's because in order to do anything with someone that you meet on the GTS, you have to actually meet them first. And it's the meetup that triggers people joining your Join Avenue. (:

Hooray.

I finally got the perfect shopkeeper.

As in, he runs a cafe, has answered every single question, and has a game record in almost everything, save for link battles. I'm already starting to get customers worth 300 points with just him around.

Hooray.

I finally got the perfect shopkeeper.

As in, he runs a cafe, has answered every single question, and has a game record in almost everything, save for link battles. I'm already starting to get customers worth 300 points with just him around.
    Is there a medal for getting a Join Avenue of max level or rank or whatever? Because there should be. (:

Oddly, there's zero medals for raising the avenue's rank.

Oddly, there's zero medals for raising the avenue's rank.
    Of all achievement ranks that involve interaction with others, I'm surprised that there are medals for trades and battles with others but not Join Avenue progress... :/

I never paid Join Avenue much mind when I was playing through the story, but recently I've grown to love it. I'm currently rank 12, one of each store except the nursery (I seem to have 2 raffle stores). One of my raffle stores is rank 7 while the other is rank 1 as it'll be the first thing I replace, then there's a mart, dojo and cafe all at rank 6, and I also have a florist, antique store and a barber all at rank 2.

I haven't added anyone whom I have traded with mostly due to the fact that I wasn' aware of the benefits.. so I'll be sure to start adding people from now on. I have a question though, do you have to be a certain level for gym leaders to start appearing? I don't really know how that all works.
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

You just need to have beaten the Elite 4.

Has anyone done research into the EV gain from the Dojo or Cafe?
    FC:2363-6962-9516 In game name: Willis

Safari: Tangela, Quilladin, Swadloon

Seeking - X exclusive Megastones, and UT Events
    Offering - many 5 and 6 IV pokemon, Megastones, Battle items, Shiny Clauncher, High Plains Vivillon

Pokedex Completion 718/718!
    Latest Shiny MM'd 557 eggs

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast