Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Avenue!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Is there a medal for getting a Join Avenue of max level or rank or whatever? Because there should be. (:
    Sadly, I wish they had medals for Join Avenue over the ones with the X-transceiver.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by willis7928 View Post
    Has anyone done research into the EV gain from the Dojo or Cafe?
    Scroll toward the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Using the GTS for the sake of trading or using the Dream World for the sake of using the Dream World is fine, but using the GTS not to use the GTS but to intentionally develop your Join Avenue when you can develop your Join Avenue without doing so is arguably unethical.
    Unethical? Really? Reeeeally?

I suppose it can be a "cheap trick" to game the system but unethical is kind of a strong word of just building up your Join Avenue. It's just a game. There won't be able social, economic, political, etc implications if you trade magnemites just to get Join Avenue visits.
    Currently Playing:

Heart Gold- Davis
    Team-
    Current Goal: Beat Red, Get Kyogre

White 2- Rosa
    Team-
    Current Goal: Beat the game

Quote Originally Posted by willis7928 View Post
    Has anyone done research into the EV gain from the Dojo or Cafe?
    Outside of the stuff mentioned on the Serebii page, it should be noted that the EV gains aren't affected by the Pokerus and they won't work if they'd bring the EV over 252 points.

Haha one of the visitor's today chain-visited all my stalls. She gave all my stalls a total of 1500 points and her Avenue points turned from 100 to 275. Statistics is very weird indeed.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Theoretically, the maximum avenue point bonus you could get from a single visitor is 2200, if you got a visitor that gives out 800 points and had them visit all of the shops.

The total point gains across your shops would be a massive 12000 points in total (Though each shop will only gain one rank per visit at most, unfortunately).
    Last edited by Rakurai; 31st October 2012 at 2:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Outside of the stuff mentioned on the Serebii page, it should be noted that the EV gains aren't affected by the Pokerus and they won't work if they'd bring the EV over 252 points.
    Really? I'd have thought it would stop at 255.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I saw Elesa in my avenue today and invited her to my florist shop. The 1000 point boost really helped me out I was able to change my avenues roof. Are there more characters you can invite to get loads of points?

Any of the Unova gym leaders have a chance to show up at random.

Just don't waste their points by recommending them to a shop that's about to rank up. Ideally, you'd want to use them to instantly level up a rank 9 shop.

Is there any data on the percentage of winning the Master Ball from the lottery stalls? I actually have 2 to double my chances of winning (Probably increase that in the future too).

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I've only won a Master Ball once out of my 50 or so lottery draws.

My store was maxed out for over half of those, as well.

Does it change with save scrumming or is it set for the day?

My visitors are always so intent on going to the dojo only. I have such a high level on the dojo and everything else is like, levels 1-3. What gives!

{the rest, I haven't decided on yet or trained far enough.}

Quote Originally Posted by henryqueue View Post
    My visitors are always so intent on going to the dojo only. I have such a high level on the dojo and everything else is like, levels 1-3. What gives!
    I have a problem similar to this. Everyone seems to like the Fitness and Salon, and maybe Shop from time to time, but no one shows interest in the Deli/Kitchen. Because of that, my kitchen is 2-3 ranks below everything else.

The shop you choose at the male Cool Trainer assistant will be prone to getting more visitors.

If you didn't do that yet, there will still be a default shop your visitors will flock to based on your ID.

The shop you pick is also the one you'll open in someone's avenue if you communicated with another player via GTS Negotiations or local wireless.

The shop you choose at the male Cool Trainer assistant will be prone to getting more visitors.

If you didn't do that yet, there will still be a default shop your visitors will flock to based on your ID.

The shop you pick is also the one you'll open in someone's avenue if you communicated with another player via GTS Negotiations or local wireless.
    I actually tried that -_- I tried to get people to go to my deli but nobody seems to want to. I didn't know that about the other person's JA though, that's cool!

This explains so much. I'll need to mess with this next time I pop into the avenue.

It's still fairly random, but I'd say around half of my visitors have the option of going to the shop I chose.

You also have to pick it before any visitors arrive, as their recommendation is fixed from the moment they appear.

Rakurai, you should write a guide to Join Avenue. Seriously, I've learned so much just reading your posts in this thread.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Pretty much everything I know is from the Japanese wiki.

It probably has more information on most of the B/W 2 specific features then Serebii, to be honest.

Using the GTS for the sake of trading or using the Dream World for the sake of using the Dream World is fine, but using the GTS not to use the GTS but to intentionally develop your Join Avenue when you can develop your Join Avenue without doing so is arguably unethical.
    Hahaha oh wow this made me laugh. Unethical? You're suggesting that the entire Coil trend sweeping the GTS is immoral? If anything it's useful and promotes some healthy equivalent exchange in terms of Join Avenue growth.

It really seems like way too small of a reward to just get a measly Comet Shard for maxing out the avenue rank, especially since you stop getting further discounts at rank 40.

I hope it does something else, like putting a trophy in your house at least.

Has anyone gotten any evo stones from their antique shops yet? I'm pretty sure by now I have a bajillion hard stones, hahaha. I like that you have a chance of getting them from it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by henryqueue View Post
    Has anyone gotten any evo stones from their antique shops yet? I'm pretty sure by now I have a bajillion hard stones, hahaha. I like that you have a chance of getting them from it, though.
    I have. I'm thinking of ditching one of my two antique shops though. As a White 2 owner, all stones except Dusk are covered by White Tree Hollow shops, PWT prizes, Pickup, or Funfest missions... I think. I'll have to double check that.

It does take some patience- hard stones are the most common by a landslide. I suppose I should be glad that I bought up as many stones as possible on my Black cartridge before the NPCs ran away.

Seems like the Magnemite Coil has died down or Game Freak blocked those trades or something. Because I just checked the GTS and there were only 6 Magnemites in there worldwide. None of them wanting Magnemite.

So they stopped that but not the impossible trades? What the heck?

Also I got a Skull Fossil from the Antique Shop.

EDIT: Never mind, found Magnemites. Had to set a country. Very strange...
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 31st October 2012 at 5:06 PM.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast