Thread: No National Dex...

Default No National Dex...

Hey, I'm playing LG for the first time and I have been delaying doing any Sevii Island quest things, so Bill has been waiting patiently in the Cinnebar Pokémon Centre for like 3 weeks now.

Anyway, I beat the E4, then realised I need to catch 60 Pikamans to get the Nacionále Dex. So I have done that. Then when I go to speak with Oak he still just rates my dex with: "ho ho ho this is coming along nicely-nicely, trollololol", or something like that. No National Dex, no nothing.

What else do I have to do to get this codger to cough up his PokéDex upgrade.

(For the record, I have caught 61 types, however I have released most of them after I caught them because I don't care much for Geodudes and Rattatatatas etc, and I like to keep a steamlined team, if that makes any difference).

All help much appreciated.

I Like Traffic Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
    Hey, I'm playing LG for the first time and I have been delaying doing any Sevii Island quest things, so Bill has been waiting patiently in the Cinnebar Pokémon Centre for like 3 weeks now.

Anyway, I beat the E4, then realised I need to catch 60 Pikamans to get the Nacionále Dex. So I have done that. Then when I go to speak with Oak he still just rates my dex with: "ho ho ho this is coming along nicely-nicely, trollololol", or something like that. No National Dex, no nothing.

What else do I have to do to get this codger to cough up his PokéDex upgrade.

(For the record, I have caught 61 types, however I have released most of them after I caught them because I don't care much for Geodudes and Rattatatatas etc, and I like to keep a steamlined team, if that makes any difference).

All help much appreciated.
    Have you gone to the islands and explored them, caught all the Pokémon you can catch there, etc. I believe there are things you need to do at the islands in order for the National Dex to be available.
    If I'm not mistaken, you have to help Bill and "complete the link" between Kanto and Hoenn...

my anime list | anime reviews blog
    the inferno faction | inferno productions
    ask me anything...no really!
    | currently watching: .hack//Sign // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // BLEACH // Gurren Lagann |

Yea, you need to get the Ruby and Sapphire stones after beating Team Rocket once you have unlocked Islands 4-7. Take them to Bill on One Isle and it will upgrade your Pokedex.
    The Chilly Academic

Just figured it out, thanks for the replies. If anyone has trouble with this in the future, you have to catch 60 Pokémon, beat the Elite Four and complete Bill's side quest on One, Two and Three Island, then go talk to Oak for the National Dex.

I Like Traffic Lights