Thread: Emerald Frontier Team

Hybrid View

Default Emerald Frontier Team

Hi, now i starting to play battle frontier.
    Currently, I'm using my standard 3 and just gotten a silver shield in battle tower.

Swampert Relax nature @ leftover
    surf
    ice beam
    protect
    earthquake
    252hp, 120Def, 136 att
    (Pysical tanker and help in clear dragon-type)

Gardevoir Timid nature @ quick-claw
    Calm mind
    phychics
    thunderbolt
    WoW
    252spA, 252 Speed
    (Spec sweeper+Spec wall)

Salamence Adament nature @ (Choice band)
    brick-break
    Aerial ace
    Earthquake
    Rockslide
    252att, 252 speed
    (Physical sweeper)

I think/hope i can get gold shield in battle tower after i get choiceband and rockslide on salamence. I wonder what other pokemons can i add onto my team for battle frontiers without using any so-call allowed lengerdaries like regi's and latios/latias. And if possible, only include pokemon from emerald and not traded pokemons. I heard battle palace require some specific nature to be good in it, battle factory is about renting pokemon (so it is not about my pokemon team) What about other 'gym' in the frontiers. I hope i can get gold badge in all the gym in the frontier.

Any recommendations/suggestions on my teams will be much appreciated
    Last edited by wishyq; 28th October 2012 at 2:03 PM.

The team looks good so far. I'd just replace Protect on Swampert with a different move. In general Protect doesn't really do much, just stalls a turn and take up a move-slot. You also don't have anything with Leech Seed or Toxic so stalling turns is of limited value. Curse, Mirror Coat, or Rest are good alternatives, although you need to breed for Curse and Mirror Coat. Mirror Coat requires breeding with Corsola, whilst Curse requires breeding with Slowpoke (or breeding from Torkoal => Rhyhorn => Swampert for Emerald only). I think your team might benefit most from Mirror Coat to deal with the Lati twins, who are very difficult to deal with for your team.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

Nice team, guy! I would recommed you to include a staller for some specific battles in the Battle Frontier, like against Tucker's Wobbuffet at Battle Dome, Lucy's Shuckle at Battle Pike and Anabel's Snorlax at Battle Tower.

I know this thread is quite old, but I recommend adding Ludicolo (you could use it instead of Gardevoir when you feel like it). It has a good synergy with salamence and swampert (salamence blocks bug and swampert blocks poison (both block flying to an extent; flying attacks are quite weak in general + salamence has intimidate)). Here's the moveset I recommend:

Ludicolo
    252 HP / 36 SpA / 220 SpD
    Calm (-att, +sp.def)
    -Surf
    -Leech Seed
    -Toxic
    -Synthesis

The ev spread is taken from smogon, you can adjust it a bit to suit your needs, but in general there's nothing wrong with it. Anyway, this would be your new special wall. Of course it doesn't pack a good punch like Gardevoir does, but it has great survivability and also your swampert would benefit from its moveset (Leech Seed/Toxic + Protect). Your main concern would be held items, because Ludicolo also wants leftovers. By the way, I'm not sure why you're using quick claw on Gardevoir, because lum berry is so much better.