Thread: Simple Beatdown/Destruction Deck

Default Simple Beatdown/Destruction Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck

Note: I don't have very many cards anymore as I ended up moving and most of them ended up being left somewhere. Also this deck is going to be used to fight a deck that uses The Winged Dragon of Ra and Synchro monsters. My collection of cards now is mostly from the middle of Yu-Gi-Oh! to the beginning/middle of Yu-Gi-Oh GX, as well as a few sporadic cards from the newer series. I am unfamiliar with the Synchros and Xyz's so I don't use them. Also there won't be any Side Decks.

Monsters (25)
    Howling Insect x2
    Nobleman-Eater Bug x2
    Slate Warrior x1
    D.D. Assailant x1
    4-Starred Ladybug of Doom x1
    Needle Worm x1
    The Forgiving Maiden x1
    Gemini Elf x1
    Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer x1
    Fox Fire x1
    Charcoal Inpachi x1
    Cyber Gymnast x1
    Ancient Lamp x1
    Golem Sentry x1
    Gundari x1
    Infernal Dragon x1
    Luster Dragon x1
    Vorse Rider x1
    Beast King Barbaros x1
    Royal Magical Library x1
    Legendary Fiend x1
    Insect Knight x1
    The Winged Dragon of Ra x1

Spells (14)
    Mystical Space Typhoon x3
    Tribute to the Doomed x1
    Level Limit - Area B x1
    Different Dimension Capsule x1
    Pot of Greed x1
    Monster Reborn x1
    Lightning Vortex x1
    Gravekeeper's Servant x1
    Riryoku x1
    Pot of Avarice x1
    Change of Heart x1
    Spell Absorbtion x1

Traps (21)
    Draining Shield x2
    Magic Cylinder x2
    Sakuretsu Armor x2
    Trap Hole x2
    The Transmigration Prophecy x1
    Magical Arm Shield x1
    Staunch Defender x1
    Gravity Bind x1
    Bottomless Trap Hole x1
    Call of the Haunted x1
    Metal Reflect Slime x1
    Magic Jammer x1
    Ordeal of a Traveler x1
    Covering Fire x1
    Judgement of Anubis x1
    Spirit Barrier x1
    Deck Devastation Virus x1

Total Cards: (60)

Simple Strategy:
    Get out any monster, preferably Fox Fire, and combine it with Spirit Barrier. Get out Ordeal of a Traveler and Gravekeeper's Servant to protect my monsters, life points, and hopefully have opponent mill through their deck to get rid of Tuners and hopefully a Winged Dragon of Ra. This will also be helped out by Needle Worm's effect. If I get Infernal Dragon and Deck Devastation Virus in my hand I will play those to mill. If Ra ends up in the graveyard Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer will remove it from play and keep my cards where they belong. At any time, combine Gundari and Spirit Barrier together if the opponent ends up summoning a Synchro monster. Finally, have 3+ monsters on my field which can be tributed for my Ra.

Last Resort:
    My last resort would be to play Level Limit - Area B and/or Gravity Bind to lock the field somewhat while I find Ra or Beast King Barbaros then use a Mystical Space Typhoon to get rid of either lock.

Additional Notes:
    I was contemplating whether or not I should play Horus in this deck or add in Downgrade so I can attack with Gundari, Insect Warrior, Gemini Elf, Slate Warrior, or Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer if I have Gravity Bind out.

Please let me know what you think of the deck, how playable it is, and some cards that I should add/take out. No mean comments please, all I want is constructive criticism.
    Last edited by Yatano; 27th October 2012 at 10:22 PM.

Well first off. Get your card count lower, you need to keep it around 40 cards. and in the title of the thread can you put what game it is (Magic or YGO) then the format, (Traditional, or Advanced). I would say 2 BTH (Bottemless Trap Hole). Aat least 1 Mirror Force and a Solemn Judgement and maybe a Solemmn Warning. Take your creature count down to about 18, your spells to about 14, and the rest is traps. and you said in your strategy that it might get rid of an opponents Winged Dragon of Ra. Not many people run them. Not many people run the Egyptian Gods in general because it takes to long to get them on the feild and IIRC They were only printed in Shonen Jump as limited edition so people woldn't like to use them anyway they would put them in a binder or something.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    and in the title of the thread can you put what game it is (Magic or YGO) then the format, (Traditional, or Advanced).
    My friend and I r just having a fun duel with Winged Dragon of Ra. Thanks for the tips.

ooohhh okz then.

if you can think of anymore tips im open.

ok if I do think of anything I'll let you know.