Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Medal System

The thing about the x amount of times medals are they're lifetime things

"Oh wow, I've rode the bike how many times?"
    "I nicknamed 10 Pokemon?"
    "Can't believe I streetpassed 1000 people!"
    "Wow I do <x> thing a lot"

Stuff you just gather by playing the game, not something you actively go after.

So something like the Dowsing Machine medal was pretty neat. "Wow I found 150 of these things already"

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    The thing about the x amount of times medals are they're lifetime things

"Oh wow, I've rode the bike how many times?"
    "I nicknamed 10 Pokemon?"
    "Can't believe I streetpassed 1000 people!"
    "Wow I do <x> thing a lot"

Stuff you just gather by playing the game, not something you actively go after.

So something like the Dowsing Machine medal was pretty neat. "Wow I found 150 of these things already"
    Okay, and that's fine if the numbers are high, but you don't need to be rewarded 5 times for the same thing. What they can do instead is monitor your progress until you get the achievement. Like if you select a medal for finding 150 items with the Dowsing Machine, it'll tell you how many you've already collected and then you can gauge your progress that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

^ It's because it's easy to motivate people by giving them small prizes along the way to a bigger prize. It also allows players who are just playing the game normally rather than actively seeking a specific medal an opportunity to get a reward for their actions without having to put in the effort to get the later ranks in the category.
    Oh, look! I wrote a fanfic! Weak (One-Shot. Rated G). Can Iris convince Bianca that she can't just avoid her problems?

And another one: Mischief (One-Shot. Rated G). A little fun for October.

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    ^ It's because it's easy to motivate people by giving them small prizes along the way to a bigger prize. It also allows players who are just playing the game normally rather than actively seeking a specific medal an opportunity to get a reward for their actions without having to put in the effort to get the later ranks in the category.
    And achievements and trophies in other games do that too, just not to a ridiculous extreme. Achievements are meant to reward you for tough challenges and encourage you to try other gameplay mechanics that you might not otherwise try, rewarding you for things that you were already doing throughout the game anyway is redundant and defeats the purpose of having them. Now that's not to say they can't do that for some medals, just not that many of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I can confirm that if you use more than one pokemon with the same types such as ground&dark against the E4 and win, you will get both type medals.
    I just beat the E4 with 4 Tyranitars, two at lev100 and the other two were just fodder for max revives.

We know that we can get both type medals if we beat the E4 with one pokemon but we didn't know for sure 100% if you could do the same with more than one.

Any tips on getting the train story medal?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Any tips on getting the train story medal?
    There aren't really any tips as the story told to you is random, but just go to anville town and hear the story everyday.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Going for the Subway Masters Medals right now.

Ah, the Subway. Don't you love losing because Rosa gets a useless Cryogonal that misses all 5 Blizzards (and a Sheer Cold)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    I can confirm that if you use more than one pokemon with the same types such as ground&dark against the E4 and win, you will get both type medals.
    I just beat the E4 with 4 Tyranitars, two at lev100 and the other two were just fodder for max revives.

We know that we can get both type medals if we beat the E4 with one pokemon but we didn't know for sure 100% if you could do the same with more than one.
    good to know
    I suppose if you beat the E4 with one tyrannitar you would get 3 medals, solo run and dark and ground medals...

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

The Wailord Watcher Medal is the only thing that keeps me visiting the Marine Tube, still havn't seen one, but not giving up.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    The Wailord Watcher Medal is the only thing that keeps me visiting the Marine Tube, still havn't seen one, but not giving up.
    Visit the Tube at 3PM-4PM then go to the middle part with the deep trench and wait until the Wailord shows up

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Just pointing out, I actually got my Wailord at 4:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The problem with musicals is that they don't have the universal appeal that other sidequests do. PWT, the Battle Subway, and Black Skyscraper/White Treehollow still involve battling, so most people would still want that. Pokestar Studios' theme is movies, which is something that everyone can enjoy. But musicals don't really appeal to that many people, aside from theater buffs, not many people are really into that sort of thing. But we're getting off topic.

Anyway, anyone else think that it's kind of a waste to give you 10 medals for doing the same thing a different number of times?
    just throwing this out there, that as a man who is a music major and has been in multiple musicals, I detest the pokemon musical. It's really more like a runway for pokemon fashion than anything. Contests are MUCH better
    "I'm the best there is at what I do"

Erm, I have a question. What is the "Diamond Dust" mentioned in one of the medals?

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Erm, I have a question. What is the "Diamond Dust" mentioned in one of the medals?
    A special weather condition that appears in Iccirus City (on certain days?). It's a special type of snow that looks like crystals floating around. If you're in Icirrus when the diamond dust weather is active, you get a medal.
    Oh, look! I wrote a fanfic! Weak (One-Shot. Rated G). Can Iris convince Bianca that she can't just avoid her problems?

And another one: Mischief (One-Shot. Rated G). A little fun for October.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The problem with musicals is that they don't have the universal appeal that other sidequests do. PWT, the Battle Subway, and Black Skyscraper/White Treehollow still involve battling, so most people would still want that. Pokestar Studios' theme is movies, which is something that everyone can enjoy. But musicals don't really appeal to that many people, aside from theater buffs, not many people are really into that sort of thing. But we're getting off topic.

Anyway, anyone else think that it's kind of a waste to give you 10 medals for doing the same thing a different number of times?
    i do. i have 70-75 but i can not figure out number 2 it says something about trainer tips but i can not find any? help

Quote Originally Posted by alexcthekid View Post
    i do. i have 70-75 but i can not figure out number 2 it says something about trainer tips but i can not find any? help
    The medal guide can be found HERE

As for the Tips, iirc they can be found @ Routes 1-9, Routes 12-14, & Pinwheel Forest. That's where they were in BW1 @least

hmmm, I have I believe 138 medals. The funny thing is....my most recent is the one where you explore all of Unova xD damn you Unity Tower...anyways, wailord watcher was a *****, and I still havent found all grottos. by heart i know 1 on route 18, 2 on route 6, 1 on route 2, 2 on route 3, 1 in lostlorn forest, 1 in pinwheel forest, 1 on route 5 all thats by heart.
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Does anyone know how to get the Ferris Wheel medal? I know it includes battling people then riding with them but i've been doing it for 2wks and i still havent got the medal.

Ive ridden with:
    Bianca
    Cheren
    N
    Rival Hugh
    Yancy
    and that Chick that always shows up with a 24 Minccino
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

I got loads of new medals recently and now I got 89 medals. Ones I can remember are the saving 100 times, evolving 100 times, using Struggle, being a regular customer, and the one for guiding 100 different people in the avenue

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    hmmm, I have I believe 138 medals. The funny thing is....my most recent is the one where you explore all of Unova xD damn you Unity Tower...anyways, wailord watcher was a *****, and I still havent found all grottos. by heart i know 1 on route 18, 2 on route 6, 1 on route 2, 2 on route 3, 1 in lostlorn forest, 1 in pinwheel forest, 1 on route 5 all thats by heart.
    Did you look at the page on Serebii

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    There aren't really any tips as the story told to you is random, but just go to anville town and hear the story everyday.
    From what me and my friends have found it doesn't appear to be random, we always have the same story each day. It seems to be somehow based on the date but there isn't any information out there about the connection.
    Want:

Offer DWF:

Friend Codes:
    HG 4513 8130 3377
    White 2280 4152 6476
    White 2 0175 9106 3400

Just hit 100 (well, 101 I guess :P) medals
    I suppose when I get around to doing my dex I will get a whole pile then, plus I'll prob trade up my team from white to do some PWT-ing and mono-type E4 battle-age

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman192 View Post
    I suppose when I get around to doing my dex I will get a whole pile then, plus I'll prob trade up my team from white to do some PWT-ing and mono-type E4 battle-age
    The mono-type E4 ones are very fun to get. Not to mention you get Medals for Trading too so you kind of kill 2 birds with one stone if you have previous teams or if you're like me and use your Black1 version for breeding and training

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman192 View Post
    You do get a heaps from the dex, but its a kinda slow progress :/.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

ive got the one and only medal used a Gallade going for the Water type E4 battles now with kyogre, keldeo, kingdra, starmie, basculin and gyarados

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast