Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Medal System

I would like to congratulate myself and brag a little about achieving the Supreme Challenger medal! whoopwhoop!
    Has taken me a some 200hrs to do it. I have a total of 261hrs played. I can't wait to sync with DreamWorld and see my new Favourite medal.

The hardest parts were
    - choosing pokemon with great potential moves. Like evolving to a Stoutland and using heart scales to 'relearn' Ice/thunder/fire fang
    - breeding for the right nature
    - leveling to 100
    - Leveling 2-3 pokemon to 100

The best help was using Serebii's B/W pokedex to figure out and choose the best/strongest pokemon. I stayed away from using TMs because I like keeping them forever but I did use the Heat Scale learner a lot at the PWT.
    An event lev100 Arceus started to help out towards the end instead of leveling a 3rd pokemon to 100. I suggest having more than one fitness gym in join avenue. At lev10 you can jump a pokemons level by 10.

It was somewhat easy. Just very time consuming. In total I leveled about 20pokemon to 100 then had about 5 between 85-99.
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 22nd November 2012 at 1:52 PM.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    I would like to congratulate myself and brag a little about achieving the Supreme Challenger medal! whoopwhoop!
    Has taken me a some 200hrs to do it. I have a total of 261hrs played. I can't wait to sync with DreamWorld and see my new Favourite medal.

I stayed away from using TMs because I like keeping them forever but I did use the Heat Scale learner a lot at the PWT.
    Congrats on the sweet medal!! I was the same way with TMs in previous generations, but TMs are reusable this gen. They don't go away after you use them so you don't have to worry about that anymore. One of the best improvements that came with BW/BW2 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    I stayed away from using TMs because I like keeping them forever
    You ARE keeping them forever. They're reusable just like HMs ever since B/W. That's why you can buy the TMs only once.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Oh wow i never knew. Would have shaved off quite a few hours knowing that >.<
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

To get the type based elite four medals, i've just been using as many pokemon as possible with the same dual-type. i got one and only using white kyurem, and then zapdos and thundurus got me electric and flying medals. i'm gonna use starmie and slowbro for water and psychic next. maybe the fire/fighting starters after that. Genesect/Scizor/Durant for steel and bug.
    Last edited by thatjeremykid; 23rd November 2012 at 3:05 PM.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

I got more medals. I got the Magikarp Award because of my DW Wailmer. I bred 10 eggs, got a friend registered on my pal pad, caught all bug types, and visited Unity Tower getting me my Around Unova medal. Now I got 94 medals

I like the medals system. But yeah, that pass 1000 people one is a bit over the top and I'm going to choose to it. xD Last time I checked I had 57 medals, I think.

Quite honestly, i'm a medal addict, as you can see in my signature.
    Btw the signature isn't up to date, i just don't won't to change it before i'll get 200 medal, which should be very soon

I always love the concept of achievement/trophies, making that concept into pokémon is the best thing that could ever append for this serie.

Currently at 191 medal, working on E4 medals to get to 200
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/dh8x1.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by CvxFous View Post
    Quite honestly, i'm a medal addict, as you can see in my signature.
    Btw the signature isn't up to date, i just don't won't to change it before i'll get 200 medal, which should be very soon

I always love the concept of achievement/trophies, making that concept into pokémon is the best thing that could ever append for this serie.

Currently at 191 medal, working on E4 medals to get to 200
    Me too. I was quite disappointed with B1/W1 (well not really) when I caught all the Unova pokemon and deemed the game finished at 138hrs. I'm nearing 300hrs and I'm still planning to play at least another 300.
    I love games that almost never end.

Most recently obtained the Dark and Dragon type master medals, as well as the One and Only medal.

The only Pokemon that posed any problems for my level 100 Hydreigon was Iris's Haxorus, thanks to the Focus Sash it has equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The only Pokemon that posed any problems for my level 100 Hydreigon was Iris's Haxorus, thanks to the Focus Sash it has equipped.
    Me too, i've done the one and only with my haxorus, and to counter iris's haxorus i had to give mine the special berry that lower one super effective dragon type attack^^

i Have 128. Anyone know how many of these things are there my guess is somewhere over 200
    I want Legit Pokemon, no Hacked ones!

Pokemon I need in FireRed:
    Pokemon I need in Emerald:

Diamond Pokedex COMPLETE!

Platinum Pokedex COMPLETE!

Heart Gold Pokedex COMPLETE
    Pokemon I need in Black 2:

I'm Robert, here are all my friend codes
    Diamond Friend Code: 0261 2558 7815
    Platinum Friend Code: 1548 7339 8497
    Heart Gold Friend Code: 2151 0497 8265
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4213 7431 5164

Offering Pokerus for Gen 5 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by -Espada- View Post
    i Have 128. Anyone know how many of these things are there my guess is somewhere over 200
    255 exactly.

I like the Medal System. I have somewhere around 70. Even though you don't get any item-related prizes, ( Which I have no problem with ) I still find it a fun addition. Plus, you get an extra challenge out of it, even though I'm certain that I will never get them all. I'm not sure, but there's probably one for completing the National Pokedex, which I've never done (Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi), though I think that I COULD end up with something in the 200s...? Plus, I know there's one for defeating the Elite Four and Champion with only one type, and I can see some types doing that that, but... I'm not good with Bug types, although I do like the Venipede line. Note: I'm not saying there aren't good, even great, bug types, I've just never taken the time to try raising them besides my Scolipede, and a Beedrill in LeafGreen. But, I'm getting off topic. Overall, I think that the Medal System is a great addition and would like to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRioluKid View Post
    there's probably one for completing the National Pokedex
    Yes, there is one, but you don't need to have mew, celebi, jirachi, deoxys, arceus, darkrai, shaymin, meloetta, keldeo, genesect, victini.

,Plus, I know there's one for defeating the Elite Four and Champion with only one type
    One medal for each type and one for defeating the elite four with only one pokemon

Yes, there is one, but you don't need to have mew, celebi, jirachi, deoxys, arceus, darkrai, shaymin, meloetta, keldeo, genesect, victini.
    Oh. Good, because I don't have any of those but Genesect.
    The messenger of truths and ideals, the Riolu Kid enters!
    ;447;;447;;447;;447;

Pokemon Black 2 Team:

I'm almost to 100 medals. I'm currently finishing my Unova dex so I should get there after that. I need to go back and get one of the medals from the first half of Black Tower I missed

I have a pathetic 52 medals. I don't care much for them.

I have about 85 medals on my White 2 version. I need to transfer all my Pokes over so I can do the monotype E4 challenges and other stuff.

I have like around 70 medals atm. Some probably take hard to get like the beat the champ only with normal type PKMN... does it mean I can Just use ONE normal type? like Meowth vs all Iris's PKMN? Or does it mean 6 normal types? nya~

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    I have like around 70 medals atm. Some probably take hard to get like the beat the champ only with normal type PKMN... does it mean I can Just use ONE normal type? like Meowth vs all Iris's PKMN? Or does it mean 6 normal types? nya~
    As in the ____-Type Champ medals? You can use up to six Pokemon and as long as they are all Normal-types or part Normal-types (eg Fearow) they you'll get the medal.

So a team of Persian/Fearow/Bibarel/Girafarig/Sawsbuck/Clefairy will get you the Normal-type Champ medal.

Using one Pokemon works, too.

It's probably faster in the long run to win using dual type Pokemon who are capable of handling the Elite 4 on their own so you can get two type medals in one go along with the One and Only medal.

I kind of like the medals. They're kind of like achievements & trophies in other systems. At the moment, I've got just under 100, like 97-98 or so. I'd probably have more, but there's still a lot of them hidden. I which they'd reveal them all after beating the E4.
    255 exactly.
    Heck, I thought it was just 200.
    Plus, I know there's one for defeating the Elite Four and Champion with only one type, and I can see some types doing that that, but... I'm not good with Bug types, although I do like the Venipede line.
    General question for anyone- if you fight and beat the E4 with, whatever, let's say a level 100 Volcarona and nothing else, will you get both the medals for using only fire pokemon and for using only bug pokemon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It's probably faster in the long run to win using dual type Pokemon who are capable of handling the Elite 4 on their own so you can get two type medals in one go along with the One and Only medal.
    Wow you answered my question before I even asked it :P
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

just got my 123rd medal tycoon of souvenirs
    found quick clear heard, esear than quick clear easy :S
    but really enjoying the medals its a nice littal chalinge for your selth with a littal reward

credit to SEREBII!!

BLACK FC :0090 3060 6783
    BLACK 2 FC : 3440 4353 9691
    3DS FC : 3007 8094 7076
    friend safari : Pansage Ivysaur Quilladin

I got 64 medals so far. I haven't really been trying to get medals just playing the game at my own pace. I still got to beat the Elite Four for the first time in BW2.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast