Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Medal System

I like the medal system. It's a nice thing to have, especially if you don't have anything else to do in the game. Some of them are a bit too hard to get, especially if you don't have anyone to do the funfest missions with. The rest of it is awesome, though.
    I'm currently at 118 medals. I'll probably go for the rest once I finished the Pokédex (only need a few more!).

I didn't really pay attention to the medal system. I know a couple of my friends would play just to get medals which I personally don't find exciting.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

I have about 218 medals currently in my box. Im aiming to get all the ones I can actually get at the moment. I just got "Scored 100" yesterday by going to this local league in my Walmart. About 3 players can help you get that medal if you keep doing the funfest mission that requires you to find lost items.

The medal system is really fun. I've been thinking about how best to systematically go through and get all of the medals. Initially I wanted to get them all before Pokemon X/Y, but I realize I just can't dedicate that level of routine gameplay right now, so I'm just focussing on the ones I really want.

I'm trying to get all of the type ones for beating the Elite Four. I was ambitious and thought with enough revives and ethers (thank you Join Avenue) I would be able to defeat the league with my Hydregion and get the one Pokemon, Dark, and Dragon medal all at the same time, but Marshal is just too annoying. Though now that I think about it I could lower the difficulty and that might be enough to get through. Hmm.

I now know I have 195. The one other ones I can get are the ones for Riding the Royal Unova 10 times I think and getting Info on all the Trains at Anvil Town on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    I'm trying to get all of the type ones for beating the Elite Four. I would be able to defeat the league with my Hydregion and get the one Pokemon, Dark, and Dragon medal all at the same time, but Marshal is just too annoying.
    I got all those. I just took my samurott already 100 by then and just walked right in and walked right out ^-^ Just using a couple Full Restores and Elixers

Quote Originally Posted by Demonslayer492 View Post
    I got all those. I just took my samurott already 100 by then and just walked right in and walked right out ^-^ Just using a couple Full Restores and Elixers
    Hmm. What was its moveset. I have a Samurott around lv. 96 (I love the Black Tower) that might do the trick. I didn't go with it, because I wasn't sure it could tackle Marshal and Shauntal. Creating the type teams has been pretty fun, though getting them to acceptable levels will take a while.

I love the medal system, it makes me feel accomplished by doing absolutely nothing.
    The annoying thing is that I usually stand there for 5 minutes collecting medals. -__-

Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    Hmm. What was its moveset. I have a Samurott around lv. 96 (I love the Black Tower) that might do the trick. I didn't go with it, because I wasn't sure it could tackle Marshal and Shauntal. Creating the type teams has been pretty fun, though getting them to acceptable levels will take a while.
    It knows Surf, Megahorn, Ice beam and Hydro Cannon. Im not good at Competitive battling and I just put the moves on there cause I wanted to. It seemed to work for me ^-^ And as for the other Elite type medals. I just gave Arceus a plate of that type and used other random poke of that type and went in there 15 times. It would of been 16 but I didnt have the Zap Plate.

EDIT: I have 197 medels now. I just got the Feeling master and Ace of hearts medels this morning. Both for taking feeling checks with myself xD
    Last edited by Demonslayer492; 15th March 2013 at 4:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    I love the medal system, it makes me feel accomplished by doing absolutely nothing.
    The annoying thing is that I usually stand there for 5 minutes collecting medals. -__-
    Same with me. I don't really try to get them, but some I just need to get (the task is easy/fun).

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Actually, the million wasn't too bad for me. I just traded myself some level 1 ghost pokemon, taught them Toxic, then had them fight Audino on Rte. 1 (while holding a Lucky Egg and using the Exp Power ^^^)- they got over 100000 exp in a fight or 2.

However, that was before I went to the Black Tower. In challenge mode at least, the trainers in Area 10 have pokemon at level 79-82. I'm not sure how much a exp a lvl 1 pokemon would gain from such a fight.
    do it on whitetree hollow instead the breeders there will only have members of the Happiny family and level 82 Blisey will be give around 700000 exp to an untraded Pokemon at level 1 800000 to an non international traded and 950000 to an international traded with lucky egg

Quote Originally Posted by cybersonic233 View Post
    do it on whitetree hollow instead the breeders there will only have members of the Happiny family and level 82 Blisey will be give around 700000 exp to an untraded Pokemon at level 1 800000 to an non international traded and 950000 to an international traded with lucky egg
    So I take a lvl 1 with the Lucky egg to the white treehollow and i'll get 700,000 for one battle?..I've done that before. And I only get around 20,000 for a lvl one with the Exp-Share. and the Share and egg are the same but the share the poke doesnt have to battle.

Hit 50 medals recently... Had the party and everything.
    But when i was done... "Now aim for 100 medals!" how depressing...
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Demonslayer492 View Post
    So I take a lvl 1 with the Lucky egg to the white treehollow and i'll get 700,000 for one battle?..I've done that before. And I only get around 20,000 for a lvl one with the Exp-Share. and the Share and egg are the same but the share the poke doesnt have to battle.
    woops put too many zeros on the end and thats if you go against the level 82 with only a level 1 ghost type using toxic

Quote Originally Posted by cybersonic233 View Post
    woops put too many zeros on the end and thats if you go against the level 82 with only a level 1 ghost type using toxic
    I thought that was kinda high, Thats why I asked <_> I was like..real or not? If it is..Hell yeah xD just need to battle 2 Blissiys..But Changy knows Charge beam <_>...But I can try a Blissiy

I really don't feel like getting all the 255 medals. Some weeks ago I surpassed the 50 mark, and now I have around 63. I expect this rythm to lower dramatically... Type experts?... A single pokémon only-run on the League??... 50 overall shops at the Join Avenue???... Making a strange ending on all the movies????... FILL THE WHOLE PC????? Seriously, I am very satisfied for the fact that getting all the medals isn't a requirement to get the Trainer Card level to the maximum. (anyway, there is a medal for each of the other requirements) I have no words for the ones who manage to complete this quest. I'm going to try my best, tough.
    Last edited by TheOriginalOne; 26th March 2013 at 1:48 PM.
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

I hit 50 medals just before battling Drayden :b
    Tbh it was kinda cool, since I started the game I always enjoyed collecting medals tho I didn't even try to get them. I will probably try to complete the medal case after I beat the game though I heard there are some medals that are pretty difficult to obtain =/ Probably going to stop at 120 or something..
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/wh1g8y.jpg[/IMG]

~ It's KE$HA in the casa, baby le-let's get get LOCO ~

Black 2 Team:

I've just got 166 medals now, I'm aiming for 200. I've been focusing on the Studio and single type Elite Four challenges. Those challenges certainly have been just that - challenging! It probably wasn't the best idea to go through with two level 85 Swanna to get both Flying and Water medals, Caitlin was a struggle... I only bought one fodder Pokemon with me a Pelipper I should have had more of them really.
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

i really like the medal system, it's like achievements. i currently have 126.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

Because of my superior boredom, I only have 150. I plan to get all medals maybe... next year?

I kind of liked the medal system, actually.

I liked the medal system because, unlike Black/White, it really gave the game a bit of replay value!
    My favourite medal would have to be PKRS Discoverer or w/e - by chance my team became infected with PKRS around Castelia City, so it's been my medal since then~

"said i'm, i'm high class,
    and this is where you brought me?"

tumblr | deviantart

Spoiler:- my shinies -:

I got 50 medals last week.. "Now aim for 100!"
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    White 2 FC: 5072 4104 1923
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

just recently got the "one and only" medal for beating the elite 4 with one pokemon, my trusty milotic beat the crap out of them. only ever had to use 1 hyper potion, 2 super potions and an elixir.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

IMO, it's a corny addition which could better have been left out of the game... What does it really add to the gameplay? It's not like you get much rewards from them...

No, but it's an additional feature for the post-game, or pre-E4 if you prefer. If you don't like any other particular post-game feature, it gives you motivation to try them all, and maybe you'll get attracted to one of them. I think it's all about helping players discover all of the extra features that a player focused entirely on the storyline would miss.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

I currently have 136 medals... aiming for 150. My favourite medal is 'World's Strongest', earned by winning the Champions Tournament in the Pokemon World Tournament.
    I do not usually focus on receiving medals. However, I still get plenty of them. However, there are some medals, which require ridiculous feats, which are not usually hard, but take a long time to complete.

I cannot get some of the medals as I do not have Infrared Connection.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast