Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Medal System

On my old black 2 and white 2 playthrough I got 65 before restarting my game. On that after beating the champion only have 35 but then I restarted it again for a monotype challenge and I only had 5 then I never talked to him and now I don't know how much medals I have. I don't really care about medal system that much now. Im really just training my electric pokemon for the monotype challenge and I haven't talked to the guy at least ONCE. I hate how it takes so long for him to award you medals then again if I complete the whole game and go back to him to collect my medals.... it'd probably be half an hour or more getting awarded medals and if my DS ran out of battery when I finished getting them from him. I'd rage.
    I used to like the medal system but now I hardly take notice of it.

I've only got 99 on Black 2, because I'm pretty much obsessed with trying to beat the World Leaders for the first time now :P (Kiss Champion Tournament Goodbye)

Currently have 95. I really like the Medal System. Although there are some that I will never even try.

I finally got all the battle medals Now I need to get the musical ones and then ditch the system for good(because the musical ones are the last entertainment medals I can get at the moment due to the funfest ones being impossible for me).

The whole medal system reminds me so bad the game Harvest Moon DS in which you had to (well, you don't really HAVE TO but can and you need to have at least 60 of them) collect 101 Harvest Sprites and the task is almost impossible while some sprites are extremely hard to get. Medal system is the same. Some medals are just insanely hard to get.

I don't really mind collecting medals and I don't really collect them - I'm just happy to have a new one if it pops out of somewhere. Up to now I have a little over 50 medals and I think that I'm going to try and collect at least 100 medals. There's no way I will never have chance to have them all!

I finally got the ferris wheel medal the other day. For the past couple months, I thought I'd missed one of the seasonal NPCs, but then recently learned that the dropped item quest yields an additional rider. Now I think the only date-related medal I have left is the diamond dust one- I'm hoping July 4th might be one of those magical days for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialbeamcanon View Post
    This took a while with allot of dedication, but I finally got all the type challenge medals with my favorites based on their type. Since its ingame, only a few of them were EV trained as the rest were done by casual level grinding XD
    Here is my team of Electric,Dark,Bug,Water,Dragon,Ice,Ground,Rock,Grass,Normal,Poison,Ghost,Fire,Steel,Psychic,Flying,Fighting, and my one and only. This is currently my favorite pokemon game at this point. I actually get rewarded by winning with dream teams like these. It makes me feel accomplished :') Also, I just counted that I only need 55 more wins for medal of "1000 wins" After this medal I'll finally get the "Battle Guru" one since its my last Battle medal.

I enjoy the Funfest too. I wish I had enough people to help me get all the medals for them though. If X/Y keeps these, I hope there is an option to play these with people online.
    For the E4 medals, I just soloed them with my team pokemon, those being Emboar, Scolipede, Bisharp, Eelektross, Carracosta and Golurk, then filled in the rest from my White team, using Braviary, Reuniclus and Haxorus. I didn't use an ice type in any teams yet, so I went in with an Articuno I transferred (which was on my LG team). All I have left is the grass one. However, awhile ago I stupidly traded my starter Serperior rather then some random Serperior, and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do about that.

Regarding the '1000 wins', where do you go to figure out the number you've beaten?
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 3rd July 2013 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Spent absolutely ages and ages trying to get the rail enthusiast (which I am) medal, and after a month eventually googled the trains I hadn't yet seen and found out the last train I needed could only be seen at the start of February *facepalm*

I love the quirkier ones like the one where you look in bins and the Magikarp award.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Regarding the '1000 wins', where do you go to figure out the number you've beaten?
    There is no way see your "winning count" unless you get one of the "# of wins" medals and start counting from there with your memory or a piece of paper(easiest method).

I love the medal system! Some of them are really challenging! I tried the beat the Elite Four with only one Pokémon medal once..
    It was a absolute failure, even with my level 100 EV'd White Kyurem! I should of turn off Challenge Mode next time.

Pangoro ~ Defender of the weak.

I just got 100 medals yesterday whoot! I am currently trying to unlock all the PWT tournaments, so I can earn big BP to get the last four TMs I need.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Man, I'm going fast.

Have about 125 Medals, decided to give up on the Dream World Exclusives, I'll never be able to get 95 Poké from the Dream World until December.

I'm NEVER doing the One and Only Medal again... But I came so close with my Chandelure ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Man, I'm going fast.

Have about 125 Medals, decided to give up on the Dream World Exclusives, I'll never be able to get 95 Poké from the Dream World until December.

I'm NEVER doing the One and Only Medal again... But I came so close with my Chandelure ;_;
    Sure you can! Just gotta do it once a day and you'll be done by October!
    Black 2 FC: 2452 3367 9936
    White 2 FC: 3225 9990 2378

To Specialbeamcanon: darn, I was hoping the game gave you the number somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by aT0Msk View Post
    I love the medal system! Some of them are really challenging! I tried the beat the Elite Four with only one Pokémon medal once..
    It was a absolute failure, even with my level 100 EV'd White Kyurem! I should of turn off Challenge Mode next time.
    Something that you might consider is using battle items (x attack, x defend, etc.). I know some of the ones I did would've been impossible without them. Also, before I really started, I saved at the gate, then did a test battle against each of the first 4, to see if the moves my pokemon had were adaquate, and if I needed battle items.

Planning is very important- I took my Bisharp in there (on challenge mode), and had to redo the fight with Marshall many times before I found the right method (3 iron defense & some x attack)
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I don't like the medal reley. I think it's pointless and a waste. A medal for checking trash cans, seeing a Wailord in the Aqura tube. Really? I don't need that, and whould not mind at all if medals were not in X/Y.
    My Tumbur http://spiritdreamdoodlesandlifeblog.tumblr.com/

Gone til the 15 of December see you then!

More than 140!

Got the Experience Millionaire yet I don't have anyone of my friends to boast about it; can I get a pat on the back? :3
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

I love the medal system, and really enjoy the challenges that some of them provide. I hope they bring it back for XY, or at least a version of it. Having the medals gives me a reason to continue playing Black 2, and certain requirements force me to use various types/species that I normally wouldn't use. That means I get to see potential in Pokemon I wouldn't really have seen otherwise.

I'm keeping track of my medals in my siggy, and decided to make a simple spreadsheet with the ones I'm missing. The hardest ones for me are the online/funfest ones, but I'm gonna try to get as many as possible before the DW shuts down for gen V.
    X INFO
    FC: 0791-2399-4648
    FRIEND SAFARI: Ghost: Pumpkaboo

~~BLACK 2 INFO~~
    FC: 4642 6938 1228
    MEDAL RALLY: 207/255
    POKEDEX: 648/649
    MISSING:

152 and Master Rank as of three or so days; so happy with my little achievement though I'll stop soon enough. Can't get the XTransceiver ones or the other cumbersome ones. Besides, I can quit now and look at my lovely golden box, I presume

Also going to see if I get the other one-type only medals. I've done Poison, Ghost, Fire and Dark for now.

Q: Has anyone managed to do the "Only One Party Pokémon"? And if so, with whom?
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

For the One and Only medal... Do you have to take in a single pokemon or can you take in a team and only use one?

Last medal I got was Link Battle Amateur, for a random battle after I traded Jirachi from my Japanese Black to Black 2. I have 94 medals, not really making much effort to obtain more at the moment. Though considering the list of pokemon I want to breed for their shiny forms, I'll be getting the daycare medal eventually.

Pondering if I want to go for the type medals against the E4... I'd have to train the snot out of a bunch of pokemon for it, though
    Last edited by Cyberra; 19th July 2013 at 8:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Yes. With a Togekiss. Air Slash takes out Marshal. Auro Sphere is great for Grimsley and Iris (Hyreigon, Aggron, Lapras, etc). I thought about teaching it Shadow Ball, but ended up not needing it. Air Slash pretty much took care of the rest. I had a few PP restore items. The thing is I also got the Flying Type and Normal Type metal at the same time.

And yes you do have to just take one Pokemon with you.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    I got quite close with my Chandelure, again, only falling to stupid Blizzard crit Hax <_<

I have slightly over 100 so far after beating the Elite Four, advancing my ranks in Join Avenue, breeding and trying out the Battle Subway and PWT. I still haven't gotten a single medal related to the Elite Four and single types, so I will work at getting those medals when I have the motivation to start collecting them again.

I've only collexted 62 so far xP!! I am so slow... But am trying to first get all pokon in my unova dex... I did get that one medal though... Where you have to defeat the league with one singlevpokémon o,o Did it with Mew! Mew rules >:3
    There is no upperhand hand, I'm giving you mine. It doesn't have to end up wasting your time. There's things that I could say, here in my way. I wanna let you know, that it's all okay.

You love pizza!

Go eat Tuna fish!

I still have no life. Trololo ~

Black 2. My fc : 4213 5452 6544

(Credit goes to FairyWitch)

(Credit goes to Astral Shadow)

I got the first 50 then after stopped trying
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

hi i have 140 medals lol i was wondering, how is it possible to get the EXP millionaire medal?

224. So close, yet so far away.

Particularly concerning the 10/30 People Funfest and Scored 100/1,000 Medals. Everything else will just take time and a spare DS now that I have to return the spare I'm currently using to its owner. Takes me back to when I got every Trophy/Sticker/Notice on Brawl. Well, I never got all the "Play n matches" Notices, but otherwise I "Platinum'd" Brawl. Those four Funfest Medals might suffer the same fate as that "Play 1,000,000 matches" Notice.

I just have to complete the "Find Steelix" Funfest Mission to get my next Medal, "Funfest Complete." But I'm all out of Repels, which I need to not get interrupted while I'm looking for Dust Clouds in Clay's Tunnel. And I can't even afford one measly Repel. And after finishing all non-Battle Subway battling in the game, I don't want to battle a hundred trainers to get back my wealth. And I have hardly anything to sell... but, I just found out that Micle Berries are actually worth loads of money. Those might save me. I'm just thankful there aren't any Medals for Passerby Surveys.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast