Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Medal System

Quote Originally Posted by 400Billion View Post
    224. So close, yet so far away.

Particularly concerning the 10/30 People Funfest and Scored 100/1,000 Medals. Everything else will just take time and a spare DS now that I have to return the spare I'm currently using to its owner. Takes me back to when I got every Trophy/Sticker/Notice on Brawl. Well, I never got all the "Play n matches" Notices, but otherwise I "Platinum'd" Brawl. Those four Funfest Medals might suffer the same fate as that "Play 1,000,000 matches" Notice.

I just have to complete the "Find Steelix" Funfest Mission to get my next Medal, "Funfest Complete." But I'm all out of Repels, which I need to not get interrupted while I'm looking for Dust Clouds in Clay's Tunnel. And I can't even afford one measly Repel. And after finishing all non-Battle Subway battling in the game, I don't want to battle a hundred trainers to get back my wealth. And I have hardly anything to sell... but, I just found out that Micle Berries are actually worth loads of money. Those might save me. I'm just thankful there aren't any Medals for Passerby Surveys.
    Can't you just use an amulet coin on the Black tower/White tree hollow?
    Black 2 FC: 2452 3367 9936
    White 2 FC: 3225 9990 2378

Quote Originally Posted by Poryon-Z7727 View Post
    hi i have 140 medals lol i was wondering, how is it possible to get the EXP millionaire medal?
    I got it while grind-evolving pokemon for my pokedex. Pick out a bunch of pokemon you need to level up or evolve and go Audino-grind for most of a day, and you'll get it eventually. All those experience points add up.

Quote Originally Posted by 400Billion View Post
    224. So close, yet so far away.

Particularly concerning the 10/30 People Funfest and Scored 100/1,000 Medals. Everything else will just take time and a spare DS now that I have to return the spare I'm currently using to its owner. Takes me back to when I got every Trophy/Sticker/Notice on Brawl. Well, I never got all the "Play n matches" Notices, but otherwise I "Platinum'd" Brawl. Those four Funfest Medals might suffer the same fate as that "Play 1,000,000 matches" Notice.

I just have to complete the "Find Steelix" Funfest Mission to get my next Medal, "Funfest Complete." But I'm all out of Repels, which I need to not get interrupted while I'm looking for Dust Clouds in Clay's Tunnel. And I can't even afford one measly Repel. And after finishing all non-Battle Subway battling in the game, I don't want to battle a hundred trainers to get back my wealth. And I have hardly anything to sell... but, I just found out that Micle Berries are actually worth loads of money. Those might save me. I'm just thankful there aren't any Medals for Passerby Surveys.
    I got over 100,000 pokedollars' worth of mulch to sell off from raiding the hidden grottos multiple times during my egg-collecting grinds. Plus big mushrooms and tiny mushrooms that the maniac on Route 5 will buy for a high price. Visit the challenge rock in the Pinwheel Forest once a day for a stardust; the items maniac at the Icirrus City pokemon center will buy them for twice what the shops will. Put an amulet coin on your lead pokemon and go beat up the shadow trio when they're available; that gets you over 70,000 pokedollars for three battles. It's the hidden grottos that are keeping me from going bankrupt while I'm MMing.

While going to and from the hidden grottos I've been encountering wild pokemon and slowly depleting my Chandelure's PP, and I just got the Never Give Up medal (for using Struggle in battle). Thankfully the Zebstrika fainted before I did
    Last edited by Cyberra; 27th July 2013 at 1:45 PM.

I am needing help with some medals to get them all. Mainly the Funfest ones. If you are interested PM me your Friend Code and we can set up a date and time. Need 30 people so more the merrier
    X team:

My FC: 2191-9027-1841

My trade wish list:

How did I get "Never Give Up"? Simple. Rental Masters Tournament Stall Battle. I couldn't switch because of Ingrain.
    .,__,.........,__,....... ______
    `ˇ.,¸,.ˇ*Ż`ˇ.,¸,.ˇ*Ż..|:::::: /\|/\
    `ˇ.,¸,.ˇ*Ż`ˇ.,¸,.ˇ*Ż<|:::::: ( o3o)
    -........--""-.......--"""u"u""u"u""
        Spoiler:- GPX+:

Vivillon is a badass

Quote Originally Posted by gjdickie1992 View Post
    I am needing help with some medals to get them all. Mainly the Funfest ones. If you are interested PM me your Friend Code and we can set up a date and time. Need 30 people so more the merrier
    You have to find 30 people in-person not wifi(I know it really sucks)

Some of us don't know 30 people that even play Pokemon
    I've got 112 but I can't get many of the Funfest and connection ones. Sigh.
    I really would have loved it if the Castelia Gang were the best 3 trainers in the game. Like above Cynthia, Red, or Steven. Imagine them with level 90ish say 5 Pokemon each and no healing in between battles. That would make "Castelia Boss" pretty epic

I'm up to 111 medals. Working on Ferris Wheel Fan, Rail Enthusiast, Cruise Connoisseur, and all the ones obtainable in the Black Tower. Also well on my way to getting the one for leaving pokemon at the daycare. Am avoiding the musicals medals and the movie medals at all costs, unless I'm desperate to try and get 150 medals (not holding my breath, though).

Got the 'One and Only' Medal by defeating the E4/ Iris with only my Modest Starmie.
    Surf/ Psyshock/ Thunderbolt/ Ice Beam with swaps between Expert Belt, Leftovers and Mystic Water, not to mention a lot of Hyper Potions and Full Heals, did the trick. :3

Go go Asteria! <3

My most recent medals were the Avenue of Fame, Rail Enthusiast, and OK Souvenir Getter. I'm up to 117 medals now. Soon I'll be getting the medal for guiding 100 people in Join Avenue; I'm expecting that within the next day or two. I'm up to 109 people recommended or invited, and about 10 or so of those were the people I invited to open shops. So I might get that medal tomorrow.

I currently have 109 medals. Working on getting all 150. Haven't figured out if this is for the Black Tower, "Defeat all trainers in area 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 in the Unova Challenge".
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

Quote Originally Posted by R2J View Post
    I currently have 109 medals. Working on getting all 150. Haven't figured out if this is for the Black Tower, "Defeat all trainers in area 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 in the Unova Challenge".
    Yes, that's for the Black Tower. Or White Treehollow depending on whether you're playing Black 2 or White 2. Just pick an area and beat every single trainer in the area, on every floor of the area. I would recommend taking a pokemon that knows Flash, since in the higher areas there are rooms that are pitch-dark. Usually there's only one trainer in said dark rooms, but you can't see where they are or where you're going without using Flash.

I'm up to 136 medals now. Currently I'm working on the final pass power medal as well as the ones for hosting and participating in funfest missions. Still working on the medal for leaving pokemon at the daycare and the one for cruising on the Royal Unova. I'm also planning out a water team to tackle the E4 with for the water-type challenger medal.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 21st September 2013 at 9:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Yes, that's for the Black Tower. Or White Treehollow depending on whether you're playing Black 2 or White 2. Just pick an area and beat every single trainer in the area, on every floor of the area. I would recommend taking a pokemon that knows Flash, since in the higher areas there are rooms that are pitch-dark. Usually there's only one trainer in said dark rooms, but you can't see where they are or where you're going without using Flash.

I'm up to 136 medals now. Currently I'm working on the final pass power medal as well as the ones for hosting and participating in funfest missions. Still working on the medal for leaving pokemon at the daycare and the one for cruising on the Royal Unova. I'm also planning out a water team to tackle the E4 with for the water-type challenger medal.
    You can also walk the edges to find the trainers, since they go around clock wise, just go counter clock wise. I have around 110 medals. (Will check later)

Right now, I'm in the Black Tower trying to get one of the medals. In Area 6 battling everyone. Beat the Gate Trainer, next is these two Pokemon Trainers, then the doctor & off to Lvl 7 to beat that foor along with the Boss Trainer. My Ho-Oh is now lvl 76 after 3 battles :P

Credit to Inferno Production!

I love Medal Rally. Now I have 218 medals, having recently got the Musical ones (so that I can keep away from that theatre and its brainwashing jingles for the rest of my life) and the movies ones (which I really liked ). Hoping I'll be able to get the one for catching 100 Pokémon from the Dream World, since I only have 55 of them up to now, and from October I'll have access to the DW only 4 days per week. I appreciated so much this new feature, that I'm now almost obsessed by fully completing the game (even including Passing Surveys and levelling up the Entree), even if it'll probably be really, really difficult, particularly those medals about playing Funfest missions with a lot of people and so on (I live in Italy, and the Pokémon Day is too far from my home). If only they have replaced those medals with others about collecting items or something like that...
    Forgive my English, I'm Italian

Friend codes:

Pokémon Black 2: 2753 3524 1781
    Nintendo 3DS: 1504 7114 8539

I dislike the Medal system and wish there was a way to completely turn off the thing. I know I can technically ignore the guy who's handing them out, but it just annoys me seeing him standing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    I dislike the Medal system and wish there was a way to completely turn off the thing. I know I can technically ignore the guy who's handing them out, but it just annoys me seeing him standing there.
    I suppose I know what you mean there - it can be annoying to see an NPC standing right there who you know will give you some items. A bit like seeing rupees in LoZ when you already have a full wallet, you still want to pick them up.

I got about 150 I think? Not a bad effort, and I didn't try to go for a lot either, that's just from a lot of gameplay, haha. If I wanted there's a bunch more I could get from the Pokemon league.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

I have mixed feeling about the Medal system. It's a cool idea but I dislike how some of the Medals are really grindy things like entering the hall of fame with 1 type or getting a ton of experience in a single day. It's also a little sad that in the near future it wont be possible to get all the medals (Since there is a dream world one that requires you to tuck in a Pokemon). Normally with this Type of thing I would try to get them all but I don't see myself getting any enjoyment from having to get into the hall of fame several times.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

I agree Sam, I probably won't even attempt it.

As for medals I have, currently have 38. First going to 50 then 100

My latest medals are One And Only, Flying-Type Champ, and Normal-Type Champ. I'm pondering a team to go for Water-Type Champ. I also have to start remembering to hit the Royal Unova for that cruise medal >.<

Just got the one and only one medal. My favorite medal is the water-type champ.
    I officially claim Feraligatr

Going to attempt the League Champion medals, training a team of Fire types to lvl 100 first. Then Dragons, Water, Electric
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

Quote Originally Posted by R2J View Post
    Going to attempt the League Champion medals, training a team of Fire types to lvl 100 first. Then Dragons, Water, Electric
    I got the entire league medals by doing one pokemon league battles at level 100 dual-typed, EV Trained (Will need TMs to switch moves):

Steel/Bug - Scizor (Need fling with a hard stone to kick Chandelure's ***)
    Dark/Poison - Drapion
    Fire/Dragon - Reshy
    Normal/Flying - Togekiss
    Ground/Ghost - Golurk
    Ice/Grass - Abomnosnow
    Psychic/Fighting - Gallade
    Water/Electric - Rotom (W)
    Rock - Arecus (Rock) -- only thing to get past Marshall
    Dragonheart Sanctuary (OT: Ilane)
    Trade Shop || Sinnoh || Unova || Kalos

Yesterday was my first time ever hearing of the medal system and someone reffered them to me as achievements so I instantly bought the game ^^ I love me achievements!

Days without 3DS:
    45 and counting
    GOAL: To have a bigger trade shop than varanus_komodoensis & Zold :3
    I have Alpha Sapphire, but my 3DS is broken and I am waiting to receive it repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilane View Post
    I got the entire league medals by doing one pokemon league battles at level 100 dual-typed, EV Trained (Will need TMs to switch moves):

Steel/Bug - Scizor (Need fling with a hard stone to kick Chandelure's ***)
    Dark/Poison - Drapion
    Fire/Dragon - Reshy
    Normal/Flying - Togekiss
    Ground/Ghost - Golurk
    Ice/Grass - Abomnosnow
    Psychic/Fighting - Gallade
    Water/Electric - Rotom (W)
    Rock - Arecus (Rock) -- only thing to get past Marshall
    What kind of moveset did your Drapion have? I'm trying to train one but not sure of the best mix of moves.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 16th October 2013 at 10:06 AM.

I'm about halfway to the Super Rich medal... Has anyone actually gotten it yet?

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast