Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: The Medal System

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    I'm about halfway to the Super Rich medal... Has anyone actually gotten it yet?
    I have it on both games. Spending money was easy as I EV-trained a lot of Pokemon and had to buy a lot of vitamins for them.
    I'm not the one you need, but I'll be there to guide you
    I'll show the world to you, and everything I've been through

A broken mind, a battered song, a spark of magic won't keep you strong
    But maybe it's been in you all along

I finally got the Cruise Connoisseur medal. That took longer than it should have, since I kept forgetting to board the ship. That brings me up to 143 medals in total.
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- Recent Shinies ^_^:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman192 View Post
    Some of the medals seem rediculous to get, such as getting 30 people in one Funfest mission or getting 1000 points in one (I guess you would probably get those two at the same time...)
    Agreed. I cannot get 30 people in one Funfest mission, let alone 10, because I don't have many people that I know that play Pokemon. There are even some medals that I found were almost impossible to get in my game due to the way that I actually play it. For example, there's almost no way that I'm going to get the Born to Battle medal if I don't try now as fewer people play the Gen V games, because they're all playing X/Y. Hidden Grotto Adept was a bit of a nuisance as well because it seems that I've waltzed into all of the grottoes but I haven't even got the medal, even when going in twice. Guides on the net aren't really helping either and seem to be a bit ambiguous as to the steps you need to do. (most of them say "Find all the Hidden Grottoes" but what does it even mean? Does it mean just physically entering them or initiating the battles with the Pokemon inside?) Other ones that I couldn't even get at the rate I play the games are Exp. Millionaire and Capturing Spree. How on earth am I going to get those medals?
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

Quote Originally Posted by castlewars View Post
    Agreed. I cannot get 30 people in one Funfest mission, let alone 10, because I don't have many people that I know that play Pokemon. There are even some medals that I found were almost impossible to get in my game due to the way that I actually play it. For example, there's almost no way that I'm going to get the Born to Battle medal if I don't try now as fewer people play the Gen V games, because they're all playing X/Y. Hidden Grotto Adept was a bit of a nuisance as well because it seems that I've waltzed into all of the grottoes but I haven't even got the medal, even when going in twice. Guides on the net aren't really helping either and seem to be a bit ambiguous as to the steps you need to do. (most of them say "Find all the Hidden Grottoes" but what does it even mean? Does it mean just physically entering them or initiating the battles with the Pokemon inside?) Other ones that I couldn't even get at the rate I play the games are Exp. Millionaire and Capturing Spree. How on earth am I going to get those medals?
    To get the hidden grotto medal you have to enter all of them. There's one on Route 3 that can be a bugger if you don't know it's there; you have to surf to find it. Catching Spree was one I got from transferring pokemon from Diamond to Black 2. Transfer enough pokemon and the medal will pop; if not just go to Route 22 or somewhere along there and catch everything that pops out. You can release them all later.

Exp. Millionaire... That one was a pain. I got it by spending a day audino-grinding outside the Dragonspiral Tower, evolving and leveling up pokemon for my pokedex. I took a lvl 1 bagon all the way to salamence, and a few others from lvl 1 up to fully evolved, and eventually the medal guy appeared. Took me a while, though.

I feel your pain on the funfest missions one. Where I'm at there is NOBODY I know at all who even plays pokemon. So I'm also SOL when it comes to the 30 people in one mission, and probably the friend codes ones, too.
    Regigigas fan

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    To get the hidden grotto medal you have to enter all of them. There's one on Route 3 that can be a bugger if you don't know it's there; you have to surf to find it. Catching Spree was one I got from transferring pokemon from Diamond to Black 2. Transfer enough pokemon and the medal will pop; if not just go to Route 22 or somewhere along there and catch everything that pops out. You can release them all later.

Exp. Millionaire... That one was a pain. I got it by spending a day audino-grinding outside the Dragonspiral Tower, evolving and leveling up pokemon for my pokedex. I took a lvl 1 bagon all the way to salamence, and a few others from lvl 1 up to fully evolved, and eventually the medal guy appeared. Took me a while, though.

I feel your pain on the funfest missions one. Where I'm at there is NOBODY I know at all who even plays pokemon. So I'm also SOL when it comes to the 30 people in one mission, and probably the friend codes ones, too.
    As long as you know how many Hidden Grottoes you wentered, the Hidden Grotto one is easy to get.

Exp. Millionare is pure evil. I almost did it, but the moment it passed midnight, I was about 12 Audino away from getting enough Exp. Rawr.

Me too, and what's worse is that if I want to go to some place where people actually have it, I'd have to wait a month for my request to leave to process.

I keep forgetting about the Royal Unova, so I still don't have that thing.

Now at about 140.

Really need to step up the Dream World if I want to make it.

It just so hurts me that I actually DID try to go for the Exp. Millionaire medal. Like Cyberra did, I used a Bagon that had just hatched. Then I really started to level-grind it. I put a Lucky Egg on it and then battled all the Trainers in Big Stadium and Small Court and after that I had gotten a Shelgon at Lv. 45. I hadn't even got the medal after that, so realising that I could fight N again, I hotfooted it to N's Castle, saved just before approaching N, and used a Pass Power (Exp. Point Power +1). Fought N - Shelgon had only gotten as far as Lv. 49. It was just 100 Exp. away from evolving into Salamence. Unfortunately, when I was leaving N's Castle, the Pass Power wore off, and I couldn't use an Escape Rope because I was still in the castle. I was going to fight some Audino on Route 1 but the level gap had narrowed to just 10 levels so I wouldn't get much Exp., not even enough for a level-up. Instead, I went to Driftveil and used the Pass Power again before fighting my rival. My Shelgon evolved but had only gotten another 4 levels despite the Pass Power, which wore off shortly afterwards, before I could even kill an Audino.

There are other hard-to-find medals, but I've already got the Lucky Color medal for a shiny Pokemon, but in Black 2, I thought I wouldn't get it, because I thought I'd run out of Poke Balls. There it was, in the Relic Passage - a shiny Drilbur. It just so happened that I had a Quick Ball left, and it was my only one, so I threw it. It caught the Pokemon and I realised afterward I'd gotten the medal. It's now evolved into an Excadrill. For White 2, that was so easy - getting shiny Dialga, Palkia and Giratina in the events were all it took to get the medal.

YouTube
    SMBX Revived

Black 2: Working on the Mono Champion medals. I have the Dragon Champion medal now, next is Fire, then Electric.

White 2: I have 32 Medals at the moment, haven't really payed attention to the medals this time. I am working on the Royal Unova medal now, but I forget to go back to the ship and at times I either get there early or to late for it to matter.

Credit to Inferno Production!

It just so hurts me that I actually DID try to go for the Exp. Millionaire medal. Like Cyberra did, I used a Bagon that had just hatched. Then I really started to level-grind it. I put a Lucky Egg on it and then battled all the Trainers in Big Stadium and Small Court and after that I had gotten a Shelgon at Lv. 45.
    I wasn't even using Pass Powers. I just battled all day and hunted audino and got the medal unexpectedly. I was on a real grind that day... It took me that bagon, all three Sinnoh starters, a Blastoise, and a bunch of other pokemon to get that medal. All that experience adds up, though.

Eventually I'm going to get the Daycare Faithful (I think it's called) medal, considering how enthusiastically I'm breeding for shinies and the length of the "shinies I want" list...
    Regigigas fan

Quote Originally Posted by Volts View Post
    Black 2: Working on the Mono Champion medals.
    I got three of them on my first run-through of the E4. Hoping that I could get two medals at once, I raised my Emboar to Lv. 99 then removed all other party members. I then sold all my Revives and Revival Herbs as I wouldn't be using them at all. Then I went through the E4 - I beat them using just Emboar, and I actually got three medals in the process - Fire-type Champ, Fighting-Type Champ, and One and Only. I registered the latter as my favourite medal.

YouTube
    SMBX Revived

I got three of them on my first run-through of the E4. Hoping that I could get two medals at once, I raised my Emboar to Lv. 99 then removed all other party members. I then sold all my Revives and Revival Herbs as I wouldn't be using them at all. Then I went through the E4 - I beat them using just Emboar, and I actually got three medals in the process - Fire-type Champ, Fighting-Type Champ, and One and Only. I registered the latter as my favourite medal.
    EV/IV trained? Been deciding who to pick for the one and only medal.

Credit to Inferno Production!

Working on the Champion medals. So far I have two, Fire & Water. I'm having a hard time getting the One and Only medal.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit to Inferno Production for the banner

I think that the Medal System was one of my favorite features imported into the Black and White 2 games.
    What the Medal System does for me is that it makes me do things that I normally wouldn't do during my walkthrough.
    I currently have have 83 Medals on my Pokemon White 2.
    My favorite medal so far is Undefeated: Hard, I obtained it on 3/21/13. Its a Medal for trainers who defeated all trainers in Area 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 in Unova's Challenge.

I have taken a break on my Medal hunting to focus on my walkthrough for Pokemon X and Y, but I hope to return to it once Im finished.

I loved the Medal System. Normally, I'm not into EV training and battling, but the Pokémon World Tournament (and all the medals you could get from it), was my favorite place to challenge.
    I think I have 100 of the medals. I was hampered by the Wi-Fi medals, because my DS Lite wasn't compatible with my home wi-fi, so I never was able to get those.

I was sad that the medal system only returned in XY in Global Link, and isn't an in-game feature anymore.

I really like the system, just makes the game that much more interesting and gives you something else to do. I have 18, but I've only just started white 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometbomb View Post
    I really like the system, just makes the game that much more interesting and gives you something else to do. I have 18, but I've only just started white 2.
    I agree, the medal system is a great way to explore things you normally wouldn't have done. Although doing 148 musicals for a medal is a little more than introducing me to a part of the game I probably wouldn't have bothered with before, I'm still proud of getting each and every medal.
    Attention: To anyone who has Pokémon Black 2 or White 2. At the August 2014 Pokémon World Championships in Washington D.C., I'm attempting to organize a gathering for a 30+ person Funfest mission in order to obtain two medals. I haven't given up. If you're going to worlds and don't mind helping us out or are interested in general, you can go to pokemonfunfestmission.splashthat.com for more information. Please help spread the word to anyone who might be interested in going! Thanks, trainers!

The medal rally isn't dead yet!!

238/255 medals

I have alot of them. My favorite one is Blockbuster Star . The one that you get after doing many movies at the PokéWood Place.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

I can get the ones from monotype against the E4, but the movie ones aren't so easy. They get so tedious

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415