Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Medal System

Remember that it's not just us, but the people that gets passed by must also has his/her C-Gear turned on.

But if we need to pass by 1000 different people....yeah, impossible outside Japan.
    And I think even the Japanese themselves would still have problem passing by 1000 different people. Not everyone has a Pokemon game AND turn on their C-Gear, after all.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Remember that it's not just us, but the people that gets passed by must also has his/her C-Gear turned on.

But if we need to pass by 1000 different people....yeah, impossible outside Japan.
    And I think even the Japanese themselves would still have problem passing by 1000 different people. Not everyone has a Pokemon game AND turn on their C-Gear, after all.
    It doesn't have to be different people, you can pass by the same person 1000 times.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    It doesn't have to be different people, you can pass by the same person 1000 times.
    That would be really tedious though with one person... There are 4 of us at uni who play, and I am still only at 24 passes...

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman192 View Post
    That would be really tedious though with one person... There are 4 of us at uni who play, and I am still only at 24 passes...
    Yeah, it would take hours and hours by yourself to get it done.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

I really like the medal system, it's just like earning achievements on my Steam. My only gripe is that some of the medals require you to communicate wirelessly and I have no one to play with that way...
    Californian Gamer
    Trainer Name: Heather
    Friend Code: 1247-1004-2423

First D/P Shiny: Modest Female Magby holding Magmarizer (No PokeRadar)

You can do that 1000 passerby one easily if you have 2 DS but it's tedious. First you pass by normally. Then Save and reset. Then repeat.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKazooie89 View Post
    I really like the medal system, it's just like earning achievements on my Steam. My only gripe is that some of the medals require you to communicate wirelessly and I have no one to play with that way...
    You might have to resort to finding someone at a convention or your local Pokemon club, if your city has one.
    That's what I'd do, but thankfully I have people other than me who play Pokemon (who I know).
    Under Construction

I have only 45 medals, but I haven't been really trying to get them since most of them are stupid. Like the pokemon musical, I can't stand the pokemon musical and the pokewood thing is also just as annoying too, since you have to do all the movies basically two times over or more if you do it wrong :/ Interesting idea, but a little poorly planned out.
    [The Hoenn Triangle]
    Join Today http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Hoenn-Triangle

Feel the Crushing Power of the Sea Sector!

Credit to Shade2000

FC Pokemon X Flare♥ 2681-0317-2090

Spoiler:

I just got my "One and Only" Medal. I used Reshiram to obtain it. He tanked the E4 w/ no problem. It is now my favorite Medal I have so far. I've been working on the mono-team E4 Medals and building those teams has been fun.

I love the Champion Medal. It felt really good beating the Champions. Especially Red

Quote Originally Posted by Flare♥ View Post
    I have only 45 medals, but I haven't been really trying to get them since most of them are stupid. Like the pokemon musical, I can't stand the pokemon musical and the pokewood thing is also just as annoying too, since you have to do all the movies basically two times over or more if you do it wrong :/ Interesting idea, but a little poorly planned out.
    I'll have to agree. I have no motivation to get the musical medals. It's almost as awful as the beauty contests in R/S/E.
    If I do decide to get those medals, they will be last in line.
    Under Construction

I have all the musical medals besides the 10fans one. They were quite easy in the end when I got the hang of it. The time spent getting those medals was a lot less than leveling 1 pokemon to 100 (with boosted exp) to get the same-type E4 clear medal which usually takes me 2days per pokemon >.>

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I'll have to agree. I have no motivation to get the musical medals. It's almost as awful as the beauty contests in R/S/E.
    If I do decide to get those medals, they will be last in line.

Got the wailord watcher medal the other day the 2nd time I ever went in to the tunnel. I went in thinking "oh, I might just leave my ds on for a bit and hope it swims over, and as I was walking along it from the south it swam over the the middle. I just kept walking to Hamilau town and picked up the medal :P
    I am also keen to beat the elite 4 so I can start making some good mono-type teams to get those medals. Although I suppose it would only require a tram of say 3 to beat them if you had the team planned well...

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

I'm an achievement-addict but sadly got no time to play my white 2 game :/ still @5th gym with 28 medals,,,,,surely will be doing those overtime ~~
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4425-1490-2598
    Nickname:Nasser

Safari Type: Psychic
    Safari Pokemons: Abra, Sigilyph, and Gothorita

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I finally got to 50 medals. I wasn't trying very hard, though. Since I joined in the Magnemite coil, I got a few because of it, including the Pokerus one
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Does anybody know if in game trades count to get the beginning trader medal??? please help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BESSI View Post
    Does anybody know if in game trades count to get the beginning trader medal??? please help!!!
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they don't.
    I believe the medal encourages you to trade interactively with another DS system.
    Under Construction

Every time I earn a medal, I expect the "Achievement Unlocked" sound from the Xbox 360 to play.

*boop*
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Only those were actually fun unlike musicals! And more involved too (grow berries, get a decent moveset/strategy for it and play the turns right, as opposed to... throw clothes on and watch).
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they don't.
    I believe the medal encourages you to trade interactively with another DS system.
    GTS trades count for that medal at least; doesn't have to be local wifi trades.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

The Musicals being so....bland is weird because there is like a system to it
    certain props are better than others, there's a lot of timing to getting the spotlight, stealing the spotlight can extend your own and so on

But they make it not matter. Losing a musical has no consequence other than slightly fewer fans showing up and less chance of getting a prop.
    You only have at most 2 ways to influence spotlights
    The spotlights are the only interactivity!

At least it's mindless to just let it go through i guess

The problem with musicals is that they don't have the universal appeal that other sidequests do. PWT, the Battle Subway, and Black Skyscraper/White Treehollow still involve battling, so most people would still want that. Pokestar Studios' theme is movies, which is something that everyone can enjoy. But musicals don't really appeal to that many people, aside from theater buffs, not many people are really into that sort of thing. But we're getting off topic.

Anyway, anyone else think that it's kind of a waste to give you 10 medals for doing the same thing a different number of times?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I have 72 so far. I'm currently trading and doing fun fest missions
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Anyway, anyone else think that it's kind of a waste to give you 10 medals for doing the same thing a different number of times?
    Some of those are a waste, like the Dowsing Machine Wizard. 150 items with the Dowsing Machine is a bit excessive, I think. And then a medal for nicknaming 10 pokemon, which takes no more than five minutes, and you get a medal for it? Most of the medals are great incentive to try something, like then monotype runs through the Elite 4, but some are just a waste.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Some of those are a waste, like the Dowsing Machine Wizard. 150 items with the Dowsing Machine is a bit excessive, I think. And then a medal for nicknaming 10 pokemon, which takes no more than five minutes, and you get a medal for it? Most of the medals are great incentive to try something, like then monotype runs through the Elite 4, but some are just a waste.
    No, I'm talking about the ones that you get for doing something 10 times, then again for 20 times, then 50, etc. Why can't they just give you 1 for doing them a certain amount of times? Achievements are meant to be given out for things that are actually a challenge to do, not given out occasionally every step of the way. There's so much more potential for Medals if they reward them for more challenging accomplishments, the monotype Elite 4 medals are a great example of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    No, I'm talking about the ones that you get for doing something 10 times, then again for 20 times, then 50, etc. Why can't they just give you 1 for doing them a certain amount of times? Achievements are meant to be given out for things that are actually a challenge to do, not given out occasionally every step of the way. There's so much more potential for Medals if they reward them for more challenging accomplishments, the monotype Elite 4 medals are a great example of that.
    Oh, well in that case, the Dowsing Machine medals are still following that pattern, giving you medal at 1, 10, 50, and 150 items. The nicknaming medal only comes once, but it still seems a bit unnecessary to give a medal for that, though more worthwhile than looking in a trash can. I do understand what you're getting at. I do feel a greater sense of reward with getting medals for the pokedex completion, and Type Expert Tournaments than for saving the game 10 times, 20 times, and so on.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast