Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aradis Chronicles: Quest for the Sacred Gems [Sign Ups, Rated PG-13]

Default Aradis Chronicles: Quest for the Sacred Gems [Sign Ups, Rated PG-13]

Aradis Chronicles: Quest for the Sacred Gems

According to legend, a long time ago there was only gods who lived on the world of Aradis. There were three major gods: Terra, the god of the earth, elements, and all things physical, Anima, the goddess of magic, morality, and all things ethreal, and their father, a being only known in lore as "The Original". After The Original created Terra and Anima, they then created the minor gods. Terra's creations were Ignis, god of fire, Aqua, goddess of water, Ventus, god of wind, Solum, god of earth, and Tonitrui, god of lightning. Anima's creations were Lux, goddess of light, Nox, god of darkness, Mentem, god of the mind, and Tempus, god of time.

And yet, even after creating the minor gods, the two major god were still not satisfied. And so, is it said that they created life on the world of Aradis, and along with it, the final two minor gods, Vita, the goddess of life and nature, and Spiritus, goddess of spirits, death, and the afterlife. They were happy..for a time. However, they soon came to realize that these creatures were not ideal, as for every good deed that was enacted was a sin that countered it. So, Terra and Anima left the world and put the minor gods, now known as the Patrons, in charge of looking after the world. But when they left, as a parting gift they created the Divine Gems, which had the power to either bring a golden age of properity or thrust the world into chaos. Of these gems, there was also the Sacred Gems, which held the power of the the god themselves; however, they were sealed away, for generations far in the future who are much more prepared for their power to use...

At least, that's what the history books say. The land of Aradis as it is now is a land inhabited by four races: The Humans, Gaians, Psyclos, and Velox. Aradis' technology is mostly similer to that of Earth's in the mid-1800's, but many advancements have been made over the past few decades thanks to the Divine Gems. These gems come in many different colors, and are used for three main purposes: a power source, enchanments, and direct magic. Some gems are used essentially as batteries to power steampunk technology, except unlike batteries they never run out of power (they can give something a certain amount of power at a constant rate, but never give any more, or any less). Others are expended to give items special powers related to said gem. While lastly others are used more directly for spell casting.

Recently, there have been rumors of geologists descoving a large Divine Gem some where on the edge of Aradis. Some belive it to be one of the Sacred Gems spoken of in legend. Due to the rumors, the Parliment of Aradis has hired several able-bodied mercenaries (or anyone else willing to go) to investigate this. You, as the player, are one of the people who either was hired or volunteered to go and investigate this large gem at the edge of Aradis. Little does either you or the Parliment know, that the events that will take place there will change the history of Aradis...forever.

Spoiler:- The Land of Aradis:

Spoiler:- Races:

Spoiler:- Gems:

Spoiler:- Classes:

Rules:

1. All standard Serebii rules apply. Redundant to say, but whatever.
    2. No godmodding, or bunnying. It ruins the fun for everyone else.
    3. PLEASE avoid making a Mary Sue character. Characters who only have positive traits and are perfect in every way are just boring.
    4. If you are a duel class, you shouldn't be as effective in both classes as someone who's only using one class.
    5. You are allowed to have up to two characters. No more than two though; don't want there to be too many characters.
    6. Posts should start with this:
    (Insert Name Here)
    (Insert Race Here, Insert Class Here)
    (Insert Location Here)

Here's an example:
    Billy Mays
    Human Knight
    WhoCaresville, Aradis

7. Have a good time ladies and gentlemen.

Name: (Obvious.)
    Race: (Human, Gaian, Half-Gaian, Psyclos, Velox, or Half-Velox.)
    Class: (Pick one or two classes. Someone with only one class should be more skilled than someone who has that class as well as another one. Also, by class, I mean the sub-classes. Don't put Warrior as your class, put Knight.)

Skills/Weapons/Powers: (Not everyone does the same thing. What does your character do? What does he use? Try to give a short description for every skill/power/weapon. For example: "He carries a rapier with a silver blade and a jewel encrusted handle" is a good enough description, "He carries a sword" is not.)

Description: (What does your character look like? 5-7 sentances minimum.)

Personality: (What does your character act like? 5-7 sentances minimum.)

History: (What is your character's history? I understand that Aradis is a fairly new world for you, so 9-11 sentances minimum for this one. Hey, I would've made it even bigger otherwise.)

Misc. Info: (Anything else you'd like to add.)

Accepted/Pending/Reserved Characters:

Accepted:

Captain Richter Redheart, Male Half-Velox Knight - Billy Mays
    Harvey Kingrock, Male Earth Gaian Augmenter/Elementalist - Billy Mays
    Enma Sarutobi, Male Lightning Gaian Monk - SenorLaughsaLot
    Cynthia Viridian, Female Half-Velox Berzerker/Cleric - SenorLaughsaLot
    Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone, Male Human Monk/Illusionist - Mon1010
    Lirea Marine, Female Water Half-Gaian Elementalist - Mon1010
    Kareena Aslantin, Female Wind Half-Gaian Elementalist - Flame Mistress
    Hawke Mason, Male Human Gunslinger - Avenger Angel
    Felicity Lucas, Female Lightning Half-Gaian Thief - *Jean Grey*
    Ian Blackwood, Male Psyclo Psychic/Necromancer - SoulMuse
    Yuri Lazuli, Male Half-Gaian Time Mage - CandleReaper
    Halt Erzit, Male Fire Gaian Elementalist/Monk - deltakirumiru4
    Kristoph Coslends, Male Half-Velox Ranger - kacqn

Pending:

Reserved:

Male Lightning Gaian, Ranger - Krazy95
    Psyclo - SoulMuse
    Human, Augmenter - LokiTheGangar
    Last edited by Billy Mays; 13th November 2012 at 2:57 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

I'll reserve - Male Lightning Gaian - Specifically a wolven Gaian. Also, with Rangers, will they be fast? It would make sense to me for them to be fast if they are ranged.

Of course Rangers are fast, they are good scouts, after all. In fact, due to their swift nature I was at first going to put Ranger under the Rouge catigory. You are Reserved Krazy.

I'll reserve a human wizard. (Gender and sub-class are undecided right now...)

Are we allowed more than one character?

If so, a Water Half-Gaian would essentially be a Mermaid right?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Um...yeah, I guess a Water Half-Gaian could be a Mermaid. Wouldn't nessesarily NEED to be a mermaid, but I think it'd be possible. And yeah, I'll allow two characters. I'll add that to the rules. You are Reserved Mon.

Hm...putting in a reserve for a psyclos. Not sure about the class or any thing quite yet. Also, what exactly do you have in mind for the sort of powers a necromancer might have?
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Well, a Necromancer would have powers that allow them to acsess the spirit world. They can do stuff like raise the undead (stuff like ghosts and zombies, but obviously summoning zombies would only work where there are dead bodies), or being able to communicate with the dead. Stronger Necromancers can even steal souls from the living, but that wouldn't be something you'd be able to do already. Think of a Necromancer working kind of like an Engineer, except they summon the undead to fight for them instead of building machines. Also, Necromancy is a dark art but although most people dislike the idea of it, people only get up in arms over someone using Necromancy if it is being used for evil purposes. No will give a damn if someone saving the world or something like that is using Necromancy. Anyways, you are Reserved.

I'd like to Reserve a Male Lighning Gaian Wizard please. Have a certain magic planned out...

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Heh, I knew Gaians were going to be a popular race. You are Reserved CandleReaper.

Reserving a Wind Gaian Wizard, please, before it's too late.

May I reserve a Lightning Gaian Wizard, please?
    Last edited by SenorLaughsaLot; 29th October 2012 at 4:22 AM.

[Not Made by Me]

Lol, I'm the only one with a human. (And a half-human) so far

Yeah, I'd like to see a couple more Humans and Velox (NO Velox so far, come on people, they make great Rouges), and maybe one or two Psyclos and Half-Velox. Just so you know, about 46% of Aradis' population is Human, 19% is Gaian, 20% is Velox, 12% is Psyclo, and 3% is Other, which of course would be Half-Gaians and Half-Velox. But anyway, both Flame Mistress and SenorLaughsaLot are Reserved.

Reserving a human gunslinger.

And yeah, I'll try to get the map ready sometime today. Hopefully I don't get nailed by this whole Hurricane Sandy thing.

Name: Enma Sarutobi [Goes by Sarutobi]
    Race: Lightning Gaian - Monkey
    Class: Monk

Skills/Weapons/Powers: Sarutobi is skilled when it comes to hand to hand combat, and that skill is enhanced with his magic. He carries a titanium staff that is completely black with white ends, resembling a wand. It is very durable and heavy, but he uses his magic to make it lightweight upon use, and the instant he strikes he releases its weight and makes it even heavier. He used the same technique on himself when in a fight, making his body light for speed and agility, and then releases the weight for powerful strikes. His magic is enhanced by the Orange Gem sewn onto his headband.

Description: Sarutobi is a Lightning Gaian that resembles a monkey. He is about 5'9" in height and is covered in white fur. The only bare parts of his body are his face, hands, and feet, which are tan in color. All of his paws are clawed, and can hurt if used for attacking. He is muscular from his years of training and grew out his hair over the years, which reaches down to the middle of his back. His clothing is very similar to that of shaolin monks, except his clothing is a mix between black and white. He wears a black robe in a sash-like manner, and has a white cloth wrapped around his mid-section. He also wears black pants with white leg wraps, strapped by black laces. Underneath his clothes he wears mesh armour for protection, and across his forehead is his late grandfather's tiger patterned headband that has a large Orange Gem that is cut in the shape of a diamond in the center. Reaching from his left shoulder, down to his right hip, is a strap for his container that holds his staff.

Personality: Sarutobi has a cheerful personality, and can be goofy at times. He likes to see the brighter side of things, and is always ready for an adventure. He is also very thankful towards everything, which causes him to be very religious. When he has time he likes to either meditate, train, or pray. He may just stop at times to pray to his god, Tonitrui, for luck or just to say thanks. This attitude is contradicting towards his attitude in battle, where he can get rather aggressive and serious. Under his strict training he has been taught to show no mercy, and this often causes him to pray for forgiveness. Overall, he is generally happy and friendly towards others, but a complete monster towards his opponents.

History: Sarutobi was born under a clan of monkeys hidden deep within the Kanazon Rainforests of Kamax. The clan consists of many monks skilled in martial arts and magic, and they keep many of their unique techniques secret from any outsiders. He started training at the age of ten, and now has fifteen years of training under his belt. The training he had to go through was harsh, especially under his grandfather, who was considered a legend within the clan. After his grandfather's passing, which was a great loss to Sarutobi personally, he began his training under his father. His father's training was nothing compared to his grandfather's training. The gap between their power was huge, and Sarutobi was nowhere near being as great as his grandfather was. After being recognized as an official monk within his clan, he set out on a journey to become stronger. He strives to become an even bigger legend now, and always has that on his mind. Then came the discovery of the large Divine Gem, and he has volunteered to go out and investigate it.

Thanks for the reserve. My sign-up had some influence from Naruto XD, but if you have any problems just say so.
    Last edited by SenorLaughsaLot; 2nd November 2012 at 2:37 AM.

[Not Made by Me]

@SenorLaughsaLot - All in all, this sign up looks good. However, one thing I should've mentioned is that ALL magic is done through Divine Gems. Most Wizards carry a wand or staff with a gem on it to cast magic, but Monks and Psychics usually have the gem on some article of clothing, such as a headband, wristband, or necklace. You are Accepted, but I'd like for to add what gem Enma uses, and where does he wear/hold the gem. Divine Gems are about the size of gems in real life, by the way.

In other news, Avenger Angel made an awesome map of Aradis so you all have a good idea as to what it looks like. I'll add to the front page.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Avenger Angel is Reserved.
    Last edited by Billy Mays; 30th October 2012 at 4:24 AM.

(Yes, I'm using Leo again. :P I wasn't sure in what way monks use magic, hence the Monk/Illusionist class (And then I read Emna's SU...) I'm not too sure how good the hsitory is, but meh. :/ The second character will come later. Also, I'll decide on where his hometown is once information on the areas are given.)

Name: Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone
    Race: Human
    Class: Monk/Illusionist

Powers and Weapons: As a Monk, Leo is trained in hand to hand combat. While he is no master, he is is athletic and nimble as the result of training. He is capable of performing many of the acrobatics that monks can do.

Leo has white and black gems sewn into his headband, and wristbands. These give him the magical abilities of an illusionist, and as such, Leo uses these illusions to augment his fighting skills, and disorient opponents. One of his favorite skills is creating two addional copies of himself (Making more than two takes too much effort at this point.) they are solid enough to punch someone, but if someone hits the illusions or him, the illusions will vanish. He can also make himself invisible, produce illusions of others, and change his appearance or the appearance of others. His illusions aren't always perfect, and he has to concentrate to maintain an illusion for an extended period of time. As a result, using a lot of magic at a time seems to exhaust him.

Appearance: Leo stands at exactly six feet tall. He works out regularly, and while he does not have bodybuilder proportions, he is physically fit, and he has a toned athletic build. He spends a lot of time outdoors, so his skin is lightly tanned. Not bronze, but not pale white either. He has short, close-cropped, black hair, with messy bangs that go to his eyebrows. One strand of hair on top of his head always stands up no matter how much he tries to comb it down. His face is round, and rather boyish, marked by large, expressive, electric blue eyes. These features give him a youthful appearance. Except for the top of his head and eyebrows, the rest of his upper body is void of any hair. (No chest hair, no armpit hair, and he's unable to grow any facial hair.)

For clothing, Leo wears comfortable clothes that allows for freedom of movement. He wears a red vest, and no shirt under it, so his bare chest is visble. He wears a pair of red pants on the bottom, and a pair of red slippers on his feet. He has a dark blue sash tied around his waist, as well a matching headband and wristbands around his head and wrist, respectively. The headband and wristband contain white and black gems respectively, and are the source of his magic.

Personality: Leo is a bright and cheerful person, with an optimistic view on life. He can often be seen with a smile on his face, even when things look bleak. He believes there is some good in everyone, and for that, he is very trusting of others. A genuine nice guy, he is always willing to help someone in need, often putting the needs of others before his own. Sometimes though, he can be too nice, to the point of gullibility, and he is often taken advantage of because of it. Leo is outgoing and social, he likes meeting new people and making new friends. He is not afraid to strike up a conversation with someone new. He is loyal, empathetic, and protective of those he cares about, making him a good friend to have.

He is very energetic, so much so that it is very difficult for him to sit still and focus on one thing for long periods of time. Which is why he became a monk in the first place. Although, he can think quick on his feet during intense situations, he is impulsive, and he has a habit of jumping into things without thinking. Due to his cheerful nature, it is very difficult to anger him. However, when pushed too far, then he can be quite dangerous. That said, Leo is very quick to forgive those who have wronged him, and he isn't one to hold grudges. He has an affinity for things he considers "cute". Due to his family's history, he is fascinated by magic and is interested in as learning as much about it as possible.

History: Leo was born in Karon, a small town close to the ocean, on the continent of Naku. He was raised by a single mother, and he had two younger sisters (His father left soon after his youngest sister was born.) He descends from a long line of female wizards. he was the first male in the family to display any magical potential. For most of his life, he had to spend time taking care of his younger sisters, while his mother worked to make ends meet. All his life, he had been fasinated by magic, his family's heritage, and the Divine Gems. He'd read countless books on the subject, and always wanted to do magic himself. He was an energetic child, he could often be found outdoors playing with other kids, and exploring his hometown when he had free time. Sometimes, his enthusiasm got him into trouble. He'd often wander into places he wasn't supposed to, and it was difficult to keep the boy still. At the age of fifteen, with his mother's blessing, Leo was taken in by two of his aunts, and trained in the art of magic, figuring it was time for him to follow in the family's footsteps, and to teach him discipline.

While figuring out the type of magic he wanted to learn, he was encouraged by one aunt to be a monk, like she was. While the other suggested he be an illusionist, like she was. Not wanting to offend either of them, (And because he was attracted to both for different reasons.) He decided to pursue both paths. Training in two magical arts was difficult. He seemed to be better at being a monk than an illusionist, due to his boundless energy, but he works hard to master both.

While still training, the rumors of a Divine Gem being found at the edge of Aradis spread to Leo. Fueled by his fasination for magic, and encouraged by his aunts, thinking it'd be good for him, Leo volunteered to go out and investigate the rumors.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 31st October 2012 at 11:02 PM.

You are Accepted Mon1010. Excellent sign up.

Anyway, I have updated the map so that I list some information about the continents of Aradis, as well as it's seas. And I added a bit of information about the Psyclos, stating they don't mind the cold and often like arctic climates.

Now, here's one of my characters.

Name: Captain Richter Redheart
    Race: Half-Velox
    Class: Knight

Skills/Weapons/Powers: Richter is a highly skilled swordsman and trained knight, so his skill at sword fighting is pratically unrivaled. Richter wears heavy iron armor bearing the insignia of knights of the army of Aradis, which has been enchanted so it does not weigh him down. His shield is a large iron shield with a flat top and rounded bottom, that bears a crest of a lion and a dragon on it. The shield itself is enchanted, allowing Richter to create a small energy shield around himself and those nearby when he deploys it. His sword is a one handed steel broadsword, that has a black hilt with a red cloth wrapped around the handle for easier grip.

Description: Unlike some Half-Velox, Richter has a some definining features that make him being Half-Velox obvious. He stands at a large 6'3'', which is way too tall to be a Velox, yet he has pointed ears that can't be Human. Richter is large and muscular thanks to his mixed blood, giving him a fairly threatening and imposing appearance. He has dark brown wavy hair that is cut short, as well as a clean, shaven face. He has blue eyes, that are light like a river stream. His skin is somewhat tanned, due to prolonged time outdoors training.

Since he is seldom seen outside of his iron armor, Richter tends to wear fairly simple clothes underneath it. Generally he just wears a simple pair of brown pants and a white shirt, with a pair of slip on brown shoes. However, he has a suit for when he is asked to attend a formal setting he isn't allowed to wear his armor to, which since if he is invited to such an event it's usually so he can be security, it isn't often that he can't wear his armor.

Personality: Richter is an extremely determined and business-like person, who always considers the task at hand more important than any personal issues. Since he is very reserved, he often gives off the vibe that he is uncaring about the well-being of others. This is in fact not true, as Richter would not waste a second putting his life on the line to save another. Although he is not fearless, Richeter never lets his fears get in the way of his duty to protect the citizens of Aradis. He is used to being ordered around, but he very much prefers to be the one in charge.

Richter pretty much lacks a sense of humor, so don't expect him to laugh at...anything really. In fact, don't expect him to smile either. Or show any emotion what so ever. Also, Richter hates criminals with a passion, especially ones who hurt others. He is extremely untrustingto those he thinks don't deserve his trust and won't allow others to do things he thinks he'd be better at. Richter is also fairly independant, and dislikes the idea of accepting help from others, even when he needs it. As far as he's concerned, he can do anything and everything by himself.

History: Richter was born in Naku, at the capital of Aradine, and had lived there pretty much his whole life. Richter's parents were his Human father, who was the (now retired) Captain of the Parliment Royal Guard, and his mother, who was a Velox enchantress from Amaratsu. Since he was a small child, Richter always wanted to be just like his father. Richter would spend all his time after school practicing his skills with a sword. His father, who was more than willing for his son to follow in his footsteps, personally trained him and took him as his apprentice. His mother didn't really like the idea of her son fighting, but took comfort in the fact that he was happy with what he did. Uncontent to let him go unprepared though, she enchanted his shield and armor to help protect him and give him an edge over his fellow knights.

At the age of 16, Richter became was one of the youngest knights to be knighted at the time (most don't reach knighthood until about 20-25), and quickly rose through the ranks. He became well known to his peers from his great success and skill, and by the age of 25 he was already a Captain in the knight order. The Aradis Parliment eventually took note of Richter's success, and personally requested that he meet with them. They told him of a supposed Sacred Gem being discovered in the outer reaches of Aradis, and requested that the Captain take charge of the mission, which he happily oblighted to do so.

Misc. Info: So yeah, Richter will techincally be the leader of the group. I have an idea for a second character as well by the way.
    Last edited by Billy Mays; 31st October 2012 at 1:36 AM.

I'm reserving a Lightning half-Gaian please (wolf-like). XD Rogue (thief) class. XD
    Last edited by *Jean Grey*; 31st October 2012 at 7:06 AM.

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Actually, can I change my reservation to a Wind Half-Gaian, please? Thanks. Also, is it okay for me to make my character the daughter of the Mayor of Arcadic? Or is that really stretching it?
    Last edited by Azran Flame; 31st October 2012 at 10:08 PM.

@Billy Mays
    I'm not sure which Gem would be helpful , I guess I could add a pink one to his headband , unless it's only usef by Psyclos.
    And my power is out so it will be hard to get on for now .

[Not Made by Me]

@*Jean Grey* - You are Reserved.

@Flame Mistress - I'm perfectly fine with that. And I'll change your reserve so it's Half-Gaian.

@SenorLaughsaLot - The Pink Gem is associated with the mind; it is used for psychic powers, but it doesn't need to be. For a character who is using a gem to enhance their strength though, you'd probably just use an Orange Gem, since Orange Gems give basic energy, and aren't really associated with any specific thing.

Okay , I added the Orange Gem in the skills and description sections.
    And I want to reserve another character , if it's not too much.

[Not Made by Me]

Thank you. And I shall reserve your second character.

I'd say we definitely have enough people for the RP (although I believe at least one more will be joining). Once everyone gets their sign ups in, we can start! Huzzah!

You know what , scratch it , I'm not gonna sign up an extra character XD
    Sorry , I decided I won't be able to handle it now , but do I have to update Enma's sign-up for a home town ?

[Not Made by Me]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast