Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: team rocket,for better or worse

Smile team rocket,for better or worse

People of Serebii.net.do you or do you not believe team rocket has gotten more or less funny in the new anime as opposed to past generations????why or why not

A lot of people hated them in DP but I did not mind what they did. It was the fact for some reason they talked in Rhyme all of a sudden. I still think they were funny in BW more during the missions solo
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/21r0gk.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by KingZekrom333 View Post
    People of Serebii.net.do you or do you not believe team rocket has gotten more or less funny in the new anime as opposed to past generations????why or why not
    I liked them in the older anime sagas. That's not to say there not funny now just not as funny...
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I like that they are more seriou now. They were cool for a while, but i was tired of them by dp. I really got bored of the grass type pokemon hugging james. they are way better now, but i miss seeing them a lot. i don't want them every episode just more.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I think they are the same type of funny because of meowth and how serious team rocket got(they cancel each other out)
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I didn't mind them in the D/P series, other than them taking way too much screen time at the league, times they made me laugh. I'm not really a fan of serious of Team Rocket, hoping they return to there comical ways.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

They are worse imo and not as funny anymore.
    They should have left after the end of Johto, they have overstayed on the show for way too long now.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I don't think there as funny, but i'm glad that there doing something different with them in BW. Team Rocket was getting kinda stale.
    W2 Friend Code: 1765-0795-0488

I think they were at their best through Kanto and Johto. They've never been that good since, I don't think, though Hoenn wasn't too bad.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

I agree that they were at their best during kanto and johto. Now their ok, but i sometimes miss the old boss fantasies (although some were...Odd!!. I'm glad we don't have to watch them fail with the same stupid robots every episode, it got really tiring. There are times i miss the old team rocket and other times i wonder how we put up with them for so long.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

People of Serebii.net.do you or do you not believe team rocket has gotten more or less funny in the new anime as opposed to past generations????
    Yes because that's what the writers intended when they made TR more competent?

I will always love Team Rocket. They have gotten serious, so they can't act stupid anymore. I preferred them joking around, I really don't like serious Team Rocket all the much.

I found TRio to be absolutely hilarious in the OS. They eventually lost their humor and became repetitive until they hit their absolute lowest point during DP. In BW, they aren't funny but they aren't meant to be funny. They are meant to be taken seriously as villains and I love that. BW TRio is the best they have been in a LONG time.

They were annoying after Johto so I find it good that they change for the better, it was about time.
    Pokemon Black 2 Team:

(Jormungandr)(Skoll)(Niohoggr)(Sleipnir)(Hel)(Fimbulvetr)

They were at their best in Kanto/Orange, a bit worse in Johto, decent in AG, got pointless in DP aside from Jessie's contest development, and BW is the reboot.

They overstayed their welcome in Hoenn & Sinnoh. They were better in the Original Series.

The're getting worse with each generation, imo.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Though I miss the humorous side of Team Rocket, and Meowth's arc with the twerps was a breath of fresh air, I've been enjoying the new and improved Team Rocket, they've been great to watch, especially the new motto.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Most of the time in the R/S/E - D/P/P seasons, they come across to me as if the writers said OH MAN LET'S MAKE TEAM ROCKET DO THE EXACT SAME THING EVERY EPISODE EVEN THOUGH ROCKET ISN'T REALLY RELEVANT TO THE GAMES ANYMORE AND LET'S HAVE THEM RHYME ALL OF A SUDDEN CAUSE THAT'S FUNNY, RIGHT? I don't like how the movies said Team Rocket made Mewtwo, in complete defiance of the games, and how the trio are put in every movie just for the sake of being there. What exactly did they do to justify their appearence in Arceus and the Jewel of Life again?

They've definetly gotten less funny since DP. I actually haven't seen the beginning of Best Wishes, though I will try to soon. I understand why some people disliked them in AG & DP, since they were really repetitive, but they were also *quite* hilarious. I missed the way they used to be     Spoiler:- Episode Spoiler:
    . Seeing this new, more serious side of TR is cool. I like the fact that we get some "what if"s answered by this new twist of character, but I hope that in time the old TR comes back (or atleast we see a lot more of their humorous sides).
    Last edited by RocketToTheMoon; 21st November 2012 at 6:34 PM.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

Its best for them to leave once Best Wishes ends. You can technically say they've been more or less written out of the series already and only make guest appearances.

Team Rocket needs to go and BW has only assured this for me. The idea of making them serious was fine on paper, but the actual result has ended up killing what made Jesse, James, and Meowth who they are. I dislike BW team rocket more than I do DP team rocket and that shouldn't be possible. Just get rid of them already!

The only complaint I have is where was the serious side of team rocket in johto?

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Team Rocket needs to go and BW has only assured this for me. The idea of making them serious was fine on paper, but the actual result has ended up killing what made Jesse, James, and Meowth who they are. I dislike BW team rocket more than I do DP team rocket and that shouldn't be possible. Just get rid of them already!
    This sums up my problem with ditching them like this. The way I see it, a big change like that would merely be to cope with an issue, not to improve the series. The writing team ought to provide real solutions to problems, not just bury them under the rug and slowly degrade the quality of the show.

Lets say the writers introduce new villains next series. You could make them the comedy, but then what was the point of ditching TR? Or you could use them for serious evil, but then what was the whole point of TR in BW? What hole can new villains fill that TR can't fill better? If they want to get serious, then they need to make TR what they were meant to be, whether its antagonism, humor, or a mixture of both. Not just throw in some new bunch to cover up the mistakes leading to such a decision in the first place. Ya see where I'm going with this?
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

They probably planned for them to leave when BW first started to be honest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast