Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voice Acting Thread

Surprisingly for me I really like the stuff Jesse McCartney has been doing recently. Its good to see him get outside of the Kingdom Hearts series and take on some tv show roles. Nolan North is also a really good VA who is everywhere. The worst would probably have to be whoever voiced Altair in Assassin's Creed 1

The best for me James.C.Burns other known as the Sgt.Frank Woods from black ops 1 and 2

Portal 2 Portal 2 Portal 2.

Stephen Merchant was born to play Wheatley.

NO Voice acting discussion is complete without Castle of Skikigami 2 voice acting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28WUol3XLyw

The great thing about the game was that you could team up the different characters for multiplayer, and each combo had their own.....f'd up lines.

Chaos wars still invades my dreams to this day too. I'll never be the same again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pD83hmKjr0
    ----------------------------------

I have to post another clip from Chaos Wars. I know there's already one, and it was just posted. But I don't think you really understand just how BAD the voice acting is in this game.

Warning: What follows is the worst voice acting in video game history. I'm being dead serious here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1...eature=related
    Last edited by SBaby; 12th November 2012 at 5:35 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmMispgpUs0

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

As a person who loves voice acting, I have a lot of favorites and people who I love listening to.

Rachel Robinson's Fang from Final Fantasy XIII. By god I love that sexy, Aussie voice and it really helps that Fang is one of my favorite characters along with Lightning, whose voice isn't too bad either. No wonder I love them both so much. Fang just speaks with that amount of sultriness that you want to listen to every word she says, yet in the back of your mind you know you need to be on your toes, as she can break you at any moment. Lightning doesn't sound nearly as emotionless as people make her out to be. She has just enough hurt and pent up anger in the way she speaks that you see that there is more going on than she wants to admit and she is ready to snap at anyone, as you see with Snow early on. She tries to keep her composure, but everything Snow says just works her up and makes her want to hit him.

Josh Keaton's Spider-Man/Peter Parker from Spider-Man: Edge of Time. I am convinced that he should be the only person to play Spider-Man, ever. If he was up to it and the directors wanted it, I would hope that he would play the live action versions as well. He just has a feel for the role and his lines just come naturally. It doesn't sound like he is trying too hard or that he is reading from a script. It sounds exactly like how Spidey would say a line, and his quips and wise cracks are dead on.

In closing, in a perfect world, everyone would sound like Dan Green.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Oh, and the narrator from Bastion, of course. Brilliant game.

Someone who might not be very well known, Paula Tiso. She voiced Lulu from Final Fantasy X/X-2 and Jihl Nabaat from Final Fantasy XIII. Can't say much about Jihl as she wasn't seen much, but Lulu was a main character and I found her voice to be fabulous. The kind of pain Lulu had throughout the game was shown off really well with her voice. I don't know what they're actually doing with this HD remake, but if they record voices again, she has to play Lulu again. I'd be quite upset if they changed anyone's voice from that game!

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    I have to post another clip from Chaos Wars. I know there's already one, and it was just posted. But I don't think you really understand just how BAD the voice acting is in this game.

Warning: What follows is the worst voice acting in video game history. I'm being dead serious here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1...eature=related
    Haha, I'm aware I could have picked worse clips, but I thought some of them were so bad people wouldn't think they're real.

That said, I always had Uru in my group just because of his voice acting. It was such a far cry between his in-game character and his story VA it was ridiculous.
    ----------------------------------

.....My... My ears.... Chaos Wars VA... it's it's.... SO BAD!

IMO MOBA games tend to have awesome VA's (except maybe Rise of Immortals(For anyone who has played it, I just find their voices ANNOYING)

My favorite(s) would probably be Orianna, Cassiopeia and Teemo

WARNING : Link to Cassiopeia might show profanity... (depends on how you look at it)
    I'm back I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12