Thread: Pokemon N64 Games Question

Default Pokemon N64 Games Question

Hi I never got to enjoy the Pokemon games on the N64 I always wanted to but I never got to now I can buy them and I have Pokemon Stadium game mint in box with Transfer Pak, coming, I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy them for the first time of my life...

...but I need some help as I never was an N64 user before so what is all needed to play Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 and Snap, Is it just the N64 machine and controller, Transfer Pak and Pokemon games I need?

As I have not got a N64 yet.

How do they save? Do I need a Controller Pak? Or do they save on their own Cartridge or Transfer Pak?

Or do they need Expansion Pak? or
    Jumper Pak?

Or anything I missed?

Please help, as this would help others in my position to.
    Last edited by hokayli; 30th October 2012 at 12:45 PM.

For Stadium and Stadium 2, you don't need anything besides the game. The Transfer Pak and a loaded Generation I or II game makes for a significantly richer experience but are not required.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Thanks that's good to know, now I can buy the cheaper used N64 I saw.

I read on some sites that Pokemon Snap just uses a Controller Pak and doesn't need a Expansion Pak? If thats ture all good as I found a cheap Controller Pak.

Snap only needed the Controller Pak if you wanted to print your photos of choice as stickers using specialized kiosks found at retail outlets when the game was current. Needless to say, that won't be any sort of issue in the here and now.

As for the rest of your questions, this might be of help regarding anything with the word "Pak":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N64_Exp...ty_accessories

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by