Thread: Question about finding roaming pokemon?

Default Question about finding roaming pokemon?

I picked up my copy of Pokemon Crystal again and decided to play through again. Well I've been having trouble finding Entei and Raikou. I was wondering if there was a certain time when i could catch them or if sometthing else was going on because I've been trying for too long. 38 max repels and going between Ecruteak and the route below and I havn't even seen either of them. Can anyone help? Oh and I've beaten E4 and caught Suicune already.
    PSN ID: Vatti_LDP

Spoiler:- Tyranitar Rampage:

you have to roam around and they will appear randomly anywhere.
    I found entie while i was going back to my hometwon

Nope, it's random. You have to walk around a lot and hope that they appear.

Sigh, lol I don't even know why I'm looking for them, I can't transfer them anywhere
    PSN ID: Vatti_LDP

Spoiler:- Tyranitar Rampage:

A good strategy is to constantly change routes and get a fast Pokemon with a sleep move like gengar
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=plcp&v=Yswtlaau1zo

Yeah, it's just random when you find them, so just play the game, catch every other pokemon, train them all to lv100, and hopefully stumble across them in the wild.

For your first encounter, it's random, but it shouldn't be too hard to find them. But after seeing them once, you can check their current location in the Pokedex by going to their page and hitting "Area" and it'll tell you their current location. IIRC, in GSC they'll usually only move one route over until you battle them, and after that they'll usually go to a completely different area. Finding them the first time is just pure luck, but after that, here's a good strategy to encounter them again:

1. Go to the border between two routes
    2. Check to see where they are in the Pokedex
    3. If they're not there, cross the border between the two routes and check again.
    4. Repeat until you're both in the same area.
    5. Use Repels to make sure no other Pokemon gets in your way (IIRC, a random Pokemon battle doesn't automatically cause them to leave the area, but if you wait too long, they certainly will).
    6. Enter a patch of grass and keep looking until you find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Yep. That might work. But I spent about a year on my ruby trying to catch latios that way.

We're assuming you've already been in the burned towers of course. (If you haven't flushed them out yet they won't appear.) I recommend just playing through the game normally until they randomly show up. It will be less boring and once they are on your pokedex you can more reliably track them.
    I... think if you click this it hatches or something? *is a newb*

Quote Originally Posted by Shymain View Post
    Yep. That might work. But I spent about a year on my ruby trying to catch latios that way.
    It's harder to actually catch them in Gen 2 because you don't have access to Shadow Tag (trust me, a high level Wobbuffet will work wonders against roamers). I suppose in Gen 2 your best bet would be Mean Look or Spider Web, provided the user is faster than them (a high level Crobat should be).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?