Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Nickname your pokémon?

Lets see...
    (N/A) Darkrai: Lucifuge *Que When You're Evil*
    (M) Typhlosion: Vulkan
    (F) Lucario: Anput
    (M) Mewtoo: Ptolemy Lagides
    (F) Sableye: Delhi Amethyst (Her name is a tribute to the Cursed Gem)
    (M) Weavile: Leif Eriksson

This is also my main team.
    Last edited by Troven; 6th November 2012 at 3:45 AM.

I named my Sceptile: Yoshi

A Wild Pidgey Appeared!

Go EDWOOD!

Edwood: SUDO-WOODO!

Yup I named my Sudowoodo that from my Crystal Version, it's based on the name Edward yet I added wood within the name. Also Apeshit, my Primeape from FireRed, i got inspired from listening to Hyper Crush.XD

Edit: RANK UP!
    Last edited by tomboyTrainer305; 6th November 2012 at 3:52 AM.

Yeah I do have a habit to nickname my Monz since it makes them feel special to me and I like being creative so I do take a bit of time to name them as I can. As for starters, I usually come up w/ nicknames that matches their type like I named my Typhlosion from HG, Hotshot and other times I nickname one that resembles the name of the final form, Sammy- Samurott...:P But I will attempt to nickname my White 2 team w/ a good name that isn't close to the species name like Sammy lol...:P

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by tomboyTrainer305 View Post
    A Wild Pidgey Appeared!

Go EDWOOD!

Edwood: SUDO-WOODO!

Yup I named my Sudowoodo that from my Crystal Version, it's based on the name Edward yet I added wood within the name. Also Apeshit, my Primeape from FireRed, i got inspired from listening to Hyper Crush.XD

Edit: RANK UP!
    1521.jpg
    Great, Now every time I think of Sudo-Woodo HE pops in to my mind. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Norns View Post
    Pidove called Tiny Wings and Groudon called Pangaea, which is the name of the land mass from around a billion years ago when all of the continents were together in one big continent.
    I bet you named your Regigigas Continental Drift eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Watchog View Post
    These are my favourites: Haxorus> Hax-orus. Ninetales> Nein Tail.
    I named my Haxorus Hax"R"Us :P

Some of my Favorite nicknames are Thumper (Lopunny) I assume you all have seen Disney's Bambi at least once. Spyro (Haxorus) all you Playstation Imperialists should remember The Spyro the Dragon games and most recently Marcie (Arcanine) after my faithful dog Marcie who passed away in 08.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I named my Dialga Asdfghjkl.

...But other than that, since I use certain themes to nickname my Pokémon these days, there isn't a specific nickname that really stands out from the rest. I guess you could count Wingflap the Unfezant in my Korean Black (which I didn't use a set theme for), but that sounds much better and more hilarious in actual Korean.

My favorite nickname ever was a pelliper I called Seabreeze on my first game, Sapphire. Name was influenced by the show Angel. Dang, I miss that pelliper, it's been long since lost and it was an awesome battler. It was superb for two-hit KO'ing kecleons (flying-type move + ice beam).
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I don't know why, but I really thought the name Steve for my Dugtrio was hysterical. Maybe it's not just the name, but the personality I associated with the name.

As for actually creative nicknames...
    Shadowwing the Hydreigon
    Violet the Kricketune (cuz Violin)
    Shadowfax the Rapidash
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

Don't we already have a nickname thread in GPD?

On topic, Archangel the Archeops, O++O the Chandelure and Rin the Chandelure (Ao no Exorcist reference :p). Also, Jet Li the Mienshao.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

I try to nickname my Pokemon whenever I can and when I do it's usually a video game, anime or cartoon reference.

Klink - GOTTAM (gottamove that gear up!)
    Sawk - Chainsaw (named after this guy)
    Spiritomb - Giygas
    Staraptor - Eaglebones
    Braviary - EAGLECLAW!
    Piplup - Topper
    Blaziken - CaptFalken
    Samurott - Cye
    Palkia - Neos
    Lucario - Linde
    Serperior - Sir Hiss
    Ursaring - Banjo
    Hitmonlee - DragonChan
    Hitmonchan - Little Mac
    Last edited by DragonKazooie89; 6th November 2012 at 8:57 AM.
    Californian Gamer
    Trainer Name: Heather
    Friend Code: 1247-1004-2423

First D/P Shiny: Modest Female Magby holding Magmarizer (No PokeRadar)

Great news. I have just caught a timid Vulpix @ the hidden grotto and am looking for a good nickname. I don't know Naruto that well but isn't he actually a nine-tailed fox? So maybe Naruto as it's nickname?

Someone suggested Okami as a nickname just now...
    Last edited by Buuz; 8th November 2012 at 7:30 PM. Reason: Name suggestion.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    Great news. I have just caught a timid Vulpix @ the hidden grotto and am looking for a good nickname. I don't know Naruto that well but isn't he actually a nine-tailed fox? So maybe Naruto as it's nickname?

Someone suggested Okami as a nickname just now...
    If its female, kitsune?

It's a dude. Evolved already and is a lv.57 Ninetales now. Okami sounded pretty good but if there's anything else i'll be happy to try it out.

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

It's a dude. Evolved already and is a lv.57 Ninetales now. Okami sounded pretty good but if there's anything else i'll be happy to try it out.
    It's a pretty good nickname, just maybe not that unique, but you can't go wrong with it.

I don't have any good ideas right now, maybe Agni (An hindu deity, god of fire, and ends in NI), or Logi (Norse god of fire, not related in any way but sounds better than Agni IMO). But they don't sound that convinving this time around.

Those names sound nice but i think i'll stick with Okami, i've gotten used to it by now. He's lv.85 already so.. Yeah, got used to it.

Those names sound nice but i think i'll stick with Okami, i've gotten used to it by now. He's lv.85 already so.. Yeah, got used to it.
    It's great that it grew on you. I agree that it was the best option in this case.

I usually nickname my Pokemon something from another Video Game, such as a character. Like I named my Male Flareon, Bartz from Final Fantasy V's Bartz Klauser.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I always nickname my team members. Most of my nicknames draw inspiration from pop culture, personal stuff, mythology, etc etc..

Salazar the Serperior (Named after Salazar Slytherin from Harry Potter)
    Zaborg the Electabuzz (Named after a yugioh card; Zaborg the Thunder Monarch)
    Bluto the Darmantian (Named after the Popeye the Sailor character)
    Demona the Gligar (Named after the villainous character from Gargoyles)
    Apollo the Lucario (Named after a karate studio in my town)
    Peach the Starmie (Finding Nemo reference.)

I have made it a point to nickname all my Pokemon, so I can't list all of them. But I really think Verona fits my Reshiram very well.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Caught a Heatran today, and called him Podoboo. Named him after the living balls of lava that appear in the Super Mario Bros series.

I nicknamed my Eevee Token.
    White 2 FC: 0777-2344-6824
    game name: Ivan

I used to until I named my togpi golden then it evolved...

I've only nicknamed one of my pokemon, but I've been considering nicknaming others. I nicknamed my Volcarona "Starfire". It's a shiny female Volcarona. Her name is mainly because of her green eyes, but also because I thought the name made sense. Besides, I <3 Starfire.
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast