Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Nickname your pokémon?

Yes, almost all my pokes are nicknamed.

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~}{~TEF~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 82~} {~Most recent shiny : 2nd Shiny Treecko(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

Back in the days of Gen III, I used to nickname Pokemon.
    I don't any more though. I just think it makes them seem weird with a nickname. Once I named a Female Mr. Mime Mrs. Mime

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

I usually give them nicknames to feel some bond. x:
    My current B2 team is Ivy (Serperior), Bahh (Ampharos) and Ryuu (Trapinch).

tumblr | egc | pc

My Butterfree 'Butters', my Staryu 'Ronny' and my Mr.Mime 'Chris' are some of my favs.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/nlr2pt.png[/IMG]
    May the flame burn forever
    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/2mfjeow.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/25ytxjt.jpg[/IMG]

I do nickname my Pokémon 8D
    Here are some nicknames I remember:
    Mr.108: Spiritomb (108 spirits, 108 base defenses, etc)
    Amber: shiny Raichu (The word electricity derived from the greek word for amber, elektron.)
    Voltrgeist: Rotom (A poltergeist is a spirit that makes noises and moves objects.)
    Yomiel: Chandelure (Ghost Trick reference. There is not really a reason for this name, it just seemed to fit)
    Inti: Volcarona (Incan sun god, not very original)

Also, I'm looking for a nickname for a (future) shiny Garchomp. Maybe I'll just stick with Squalo (Katekyo Hitman Reborn) 8D
    Oh, I also need one for a shiny female Bibarel.
    Miiverse is addictive~
    Click Ran if you want to visit my Void c:
    I'm not a native english speaker, so I'm sorry if I make mistakes.

My fav nicknamed poke is my Growlithe she is called Laura.

Credit goes to Trickster44 and MM for the best userbars! and pkmnfn for the amazing banner!

I caught a Larvitar on Mt. Silver last thursday. Nicknamed it T-103 and sent it to Black 2 where it evolved into Tyranitar. T-103 is the codename for a B.O.W. in the Resident Evil series.

I also caught a shiny Buneary in Castelia City yesterday. It is pink and a male, so i called him Pink Daddy. Yes, that's a reference to a homosexual person, just a joke i thought was funny.
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

I love nicknaming Pokemon :P Here is some I named:

Stoutland - NaughtyDog (After the video game developer)
    Unfezant - Domino (Referring to its domino-like face)
    Marowak - Lavender (After Lavender Town)
    Mienshao - Nova (After one of my OC's)
    Sawk - Jay (After one of my OC's again)
    Tympole - Flipnote (After the video game Flipnote Studio)
    Emboar - Ganon (After the LoZ villain even though I never played LoZ :P)
    Honchkrow - Donna (After the word don, which is often used as a title for mafia leaders)
    Carracosta - Leonardo (After the TMNT character)
    Torterra - Tank (After the MLP: FIM character)
    Floatzel - Sony (After another OC of mine... Well, sort of. The OC's name is actually Sonya, but since this Floatzel is male, I went for Sony instead.)

~My Black team~

The userbar is made by Sworn Metalhead!
    The team pose is made by Eeveelover824!
    I have claimed the PS1 game Crash Bandicoot!

I give nicknames to everything I can (unless it came from the Pokéwalker or a similar device).
    One of my personal favorites is a Volcarona I named TROLLARONA because I was irritated with it when I was trying to catch it. It cracks me up whenever I need to use it (mostly for hatching eggs) and whenever I see " What will TROLLARONA do?" because of its nickname.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

Theme some of mine after Greek gods, such as:

Electivire-Zeus
    Poliwrath-Poseidon
    Gengar-Hades
    Togetic-Hermes
    Gradevoir-Aphrodite
    Kabuto(To be evolved)-Ares

And some others are just nonsense or life based, such as:
    Ditto-Flubber
    Houndour-Brandy (Named after my recently passed Dog)
    Machamp-Goro
    Cloyster-Big Freeze
    Spearow-Jack
    Snorlax-Famine
    Ursaring-Ursa Major
    Aggron-Lucifer
    Aerodactyl-Lockjaw
    Steelix-Shockwave
    Drapion-Pestilence

And so on. Never used to see the appeal of nicknames, but now they're pretty common with me.
    Game: Soul Silver
    Name: Agent X
    FC: 3955-1298-0022

Fire Red Team (0 badges):

Emerald Team (3 badges):

Soul Silver Team (16 badges):

I name just about every single Pokemon I actually use. Mostly because I RP a lot, so most of my Pokemon become OCs for RP. <3

I definitely have too many to give a full list of, but here's some examples.

SoulSilver:
    Ghost Girl the Umbreon (Named for an old nickname of mine, and because she's a Delta Species. Being half Ghost type, of course. (Sounds a lot more OP than it actually is. XP))
    Pantheris the Raikou (Named for the scientific name of some big cats; Panthera. He's mostly just referred to as Pan, though.)
    Rhythym the Suicune (Because her ribbon tails are like the ribbons used in rhythmic gymnastics. And yes, her name is supposed to be miss-spelled.)
    Physis the Tyranitar (Named after a dinosaur; Coelophysis.)
    Taronga the Typhlosion (Named after the Taronga Zoo in Australia, since that's where me and parents first saw an echidna. XD)
    Insomnia the Noctowl (This one.. I don't think needs too much explaining. I had always wanted a Noctowl named Insomnia, but no matter how many Noctowls or Hoothoots I caught before SoulSilver, none of the ones I named that ever had the Insomnia ability. XD)
    Rust the Umbreon (Ghost's son in RP, he was named Rust because it made some odd sense since his mom is Ghost, while his dad is Ironskull. XD)
    Quinn the Entei (Not much of a reason for him, actually. I think my mom suggested the name because there was a character with the name in a book she was reading at the time.)
    Ravi the Murkrow (Sort of obvious. Ravi sounds a lot like raven. *Shrugs*)
    Luna the Cresselia (Okay this one is cliche but in RP she's the adopted daughter of two characters who aren't the best at coming up with names. XD And no she is NOT named after Princess Luna. >:C)

Black:
    Lyell the Samurott (...Okay I admit I don't even remember why he was named this.)
    Maya the Chandelure (Okay again just a random name. XD)
    Felicity the Whimsicott (Aaand another just random name. Ha.)
    Tuari the Shiny Braviary (Finally a name that has a reason. If I remember correctly, the name means 'young eagle' in some Native American language. Yup.)
    Stormie the Mienshao (This is an odd name, as it was originally just a nickname for her original name. Her name was supposed to be Brainstorm, a long long time ago, being based on the fact that it made some sort of weird sense to me because in my mind, Mienshao was a Fighting type who looked a LOT like a Psychic type. ...Yeah. Either way, she's just Stormie now.)
    Antares the Espeon (Oh jeez I seriously cannot remember the meaning of this name, but I swear it had something to do with the sun? Don't quote me on that. I'm probably wrong.)
    Saskia the Dragonite (Named after a character from the game The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. In the game, Saskia is introduced as a peasant girl-turned warrior who has taken up arms against a king, leading the non-humans (dwarves and elves) against him in war. And although you only find out in one storyline path, she is actually a dragon who has taken mortal form. She's one of my favourite characters from the game, so I figured I'd name the Dragonite I had been planning on using after her.)
    Baine the Reshiram (I'm fairly sure I named him this because the name meant white. Or something like that. Again, don't quote me on it. XD)

The only Pokemon I actively use that I never nicknamed are the Legendary Musketeers, since I figured that the concept of nicknaming seemed like something that was too connected to humans for a group of Legendary who supposedly hate humans. Granted, the four were originally supposed to be one-off RP characters for me, and I never expected them to become such well-loved characters and Pokemon for me. XD Either way, they're the only Pokemon I use that retain their species names.
    I hate my username. Curse the fact that I made this account THREE YEARS AGO. Please.. Just call me Senna. Or Ghosty. Either one.

Black Team: (Braviary is Shiny, by the way~)

Soulsilver Team:

I sometimes use "uber" Pokémon. I sometimes calculate stat values. I never use cheating devices. I sometimes try to breed my way to perfection (and maybe fail), and I care about natures to an extent. But I like my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Adapted from Tyranitar's philosophy. Started by LadyMiir)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567