Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nickname your pokémon?

I sometimes do, Like for exame I nickname my Serperior Surperie :/

Typhlosion:Cindy (when it was a cyndaquil)

Example: I named my Vanilluxe “Ice Cream

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Emboar: Manbearpig
    Samurott: Gayfish
    Genesect Dennis(who hasnt?)

And if I could(but i cant because damn 10 character limit) Id name my haxorus the crimson chin.

But I cant, so axeface it is

And oh yes, In a stroke of genius I named all of my 2nd gen starters in colisseum after cereals

Typhlosion: Froot loops
    Meganium: Cocoa puffs
    Feraligatr: Lukycharms(its supposed to be "luckycharms" obviously, that 10 character limit is at it again)
    Last edited by Roaring Apathy; 1st November 2012 at 2:48 AM.

I hardy nickname my pokemon. I sort of consider it to be an alternate name when I don't like the original, and refer to all pokemon by that name.

Zebstrika I refer to as Zeblitz, which I then found out is actually a foreign name for that pokemon
    Serperior I refer to as Serpedera, which is a combination of Serpent & Hedera Helix, the scientific name for ivy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The renegade View Post
    Emboar: Manbearpig
    lol for Emboar
    I don't get the Dennis thing
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by The renegade View Post
    How can you even nickname Event Pokémon? Gotta' give you creds for the cereal nicknames though. Those are nice.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

I used to nickname every single Pokemon I captured, now it's only Pokemon who are on my in-game teams, and sometimes ones I play with competitively.
    Nicknames for my W2 team are:
    -Luanne the Leavanny (yes, as in Luanne from King of the Hill)
    -Buster the Lucario (there's something about it that fits)
    -Merman the Vaporeon (since he's male, can't be mermaid)
    -Flint the Sigilyph (I... don't even)
    -Dino Man the Haxorus (because he's a dinosaur, I guess?)
    -Boris the Chandelure (for comedy)
    Under Construction

Fatlax the Snorlax.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Samurott: Mizurai(Mizu means water in japanese)
    Emboar:Embhog
    Thundurus:Boltrus
    Infernape:Bablaze(Baboon and blaze)
    Blastoise:Toiser
    Absol:Sol and Mysticol(I didn't miss spell mysticol, the 'O' was deliberate)
    Serperior:Smugleaf
    Latios:Neon(Eon and Luminous light)
    Garchomp:Chomper
    Lucario:Aurious
    Cobalion:Iron-Heart
    Virizion:Swift-Leaf
    Terrakion:Earth-Rush
    Tornadus:Stormrus
    Landarus:Terrarus
    Reshiram:Pyraura
    Zekrom:Voltaura
    Rayquaza:Skydra
    Groundon:Magmaror
    Kyogre:Oceonix
    Staraptor:Star-Flash
    Luxray(female):Luxia
    Luxray(male):Luxion(ion for lion)
    Dialga:Time
    Palkia:Space
    Giratina: Distortion
    Arceus:Omni
    Kyurem:Iceagon
    Togepi:Happy
    Victini:V-Tiny

These are the actual names of my Pokemon. I have more
    Last edited by HolyNova Lucario; 1st November 2012 at 11:11 AM.

Created by Inferno Productions

I rarely name my Pokemon. Mostly due to the fact that I can't really come up with anything so I give it random name like Ambipom="High Five". And I don't like giving it random names.

I normally nickname them for their looks or whatever comes to mind. For example, my deerling is called Bambi.

I always give my Pokémon nicknames. I have a naming scheme for each game, so for example my Platinum team members are named after friends from real life, my Black team members are named after forum friends, my White team members are named after gods and goddesses from Greek mythology, my White 2 team members are named after Professor Layton characters, and my Black 2 team members are named after Ace Attorney characters. In HG I gave my Pokémon random nicknames, and Diamond I can't really remember.

I love nicknaming my main team in the games, it's just a blast to call 'em, say,

Pyre instead of Arcanine,
    or Serum instead of Golduck.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby DexNavlocke

Badges: 2
    Deaths: 0

Quote Originally Posted by auteur View Post
    Chantal is a pretty good option too. Besides, I like the Shauntal reference since she's my favorite Unova E4 member. There's also the name Chantelle, which sounds nice as well.
    I think we have a winner. I'm gonna name her Chantal then. Now all we need is a nickname for my female Volcarona.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    I think we have a winner. I'm gonna name her Chantal then. Now all we need is a nickname for my female Volcarona.
    Hmm, what about Vesta? It's a Roman goddess. Quoting from Wikipedia:

Vesta is the virgin goddess of the hearth, home, and family in Roman religion. Vesta's presence is symbolized by the sacred fire that burned at her hearth and temples.

Sounds cool, huh? And it shares the initial V in the name.

Vesta is the virgin goddess of the hearth, home, and family in Roman religion. Vesta's presence is symbolized by the sacred fire that burned at her hearth and temples.

Mother of Arceus, you're a creative miracle. Thanks!
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    Mother of Arceus, you're a creative miracle. Thanks!
    No problem! It suddenly occurred to me after reading your post, and the paragraph I quoted just convinced me.

I gave my IV bred and EV trained team in Black nicknames after the Greek Gods, in my in game team in White 2, I named my Arcanine Jon Snow, Ampharos Humphries, Samurott Sherlock, Unfezent M.Slocombe, Espeon Benedict and Leavanny Daenerys. If you couldn't tell by those names, I'm A Song of Ice and Fire fan, a "Are You Being Served?" fan, and fan of the new Sherlock, played by Benedict Cumberbatch... such an outstanding British name... ah. I also named them this time to get the medal. Name ten Pokémon, get a medal. So ten Pokémon have nicknames.
    It was perfect, beautiful, like something someone with an overactive imagination would dream up in her unfulfilled fantasies!

In SoulSilver, my Umbreon is Arthur, Roserade is Konan, Weavile is Kenpachi, Togekiss is Tenshi, Milotic is Iced Milo (I love that drink okay, don't blame me xD) etc.

I tend to nickname my Pokemon, I'm not very creative with names though. My favourite is and Absol I caught on D/P/P which I called ABSOLutely. And I called my Bibarel Beastzilla.

In FireRed:
    Yellow (Hypno), Red (Charizard), Blue (Vileplume), Gold (Kabutops), Silver (Marowak), Platinum (Snorlax)

In HeartGold:
    Ginger (Jynx), Basil (Bellossom), Oregano (Nidoqueen), Paprika (Rapidash), Mace (Dragonite), and Cinnamon (Kangaskhan)... all female... I called them "The Spice Girls"
    and also;
    BiteyDoom (Feraligatr), FuzzyDoom (Ampharos), StompyDoom (Girafarig), NoisyDoom (Crobat), PiggyDoom (Piloswine), annnd... a Typhlosion. I don't remember it's name :P Possibly SpikeyDoom.

In White:
    Hydra (Serperior), Orion (Emboar), Vela (Samurott), Cygnus (Swoobat), Lacerta (Krookodile), Andromeda (Elektross).

In White2 I only named the three starters; Walnut (Oshawott), Filbert (Tepig) and Pistachio (Snivy).

3ds Friend Code: 3480-3956-6165
    In Safari: Onix, Dwebble, Barbaracle (Rock Types)
    Currently looking for HA Bulbasaur and Chespin family members. Please message if you want to add me.

I nickname regular pokemon that I'm planning to use in my final team (Emboar is Fireplug, Espeon is Espy, Excadrill is Drillbit, etc.) but I don't nickname pokemon that I catch and know I won't use regularly.

Also, I never ever give nicknames to Legendary pokemon. I like to keep them as untouched as posdible.

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

I nickname the Pokémon that I use on my teams, yes. I used to use a lot of mythology-inspired names, though I now tend to pick real names with meanings that relate to the Pokémon in question.

I wonder where Larvesta got its name from.

Male charizard- Charz
    Male Pikachu- Sparky (my mouse name in real)
    Male Teddisura- Ewok (the bears from star wars)
    Last edited by Frosty Zekrom; 2nd November 2012 at 8:00 PM.

I only nickname my shinies and its usually something random, for example I named my shiny Ferrothorn "MeSoThorny"
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

I tend to think of something that I relate to the Pokémon at the moment of catching.
    For example, I called a Foongus I caught one time 'Toad' after playing Mario Galaxy. Or my Growlithe called 'Sirius' because I had just been Stargazing and saw the Dog Star (also from watching Harry Potter!)
    Otherwise, I just be creative. I've named a Deino 'Cerberus' and now it's a Hydreigon, the Elemental monkeys are called Pourilla, Pearilla and Pyrilla (guess which one is which).

And for me, I just don't like naming my Legendaries...
    Hi! SeekerofLight here, always aiming to help peeps out in all their gaming and writing needs... provided I myself have been given help about the topic...

Incoming! A brand new fic starting soon!
    Watch this space. Yes, literally, THIS space, below this!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast